Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Difficulty...is Absurd...

LordLokai

As much as i realize this is a " co-op" game and they want us to group up, there are times i want to jump in to skill a weapon up, or just go material hunting... i dont even care if they remove mod drops, or make them super low rate while solo... it bothers me that they basically treat you as if you have 4 guys in your team no matter how many people are present. Walking into a room with 3x heavy granieer gunners, in a narrow hallway and a commander to insure you cant actually get distance seems totally broken to me.

I think does need to be a setting to solo, why? because is no competitive gameplay in this...is no pvp... is no hurting the game if we decide we want to do some things by ourselves. I dont think you should punish solo players, just because they choose to play solo. Th difficulty curve in this game is stupidly high... i feel at a massive disadvantage by myself...and thats playing a Rhino...can pretty much take most beating of any other player...doesnt matter when you are facing 3 or even 4 heavies... or 2 or 3 melee guys can teleport to you so cant get distance at all...

I'd like to see some solo options even if its just a level or two dedicated to it per planet area, because as it stands...either have to outgear the area, or be insanely good to do it...

Never had or have a problem to solo anything.. especially with Rhino and i mostly do solo missions to level up weapons so no outgearing there.

There is alot of whining on the forums lately that the game is too hard but in most cases it's not the fault of the game rather than bad setups for warframes, lack of skill or plain stupidity.. but i don't say any of this is the case with you.

Just watch for the Difficulty of the missions and try not to do Difficulty 5 ones and i guess you're fine even solo.

The first few systems are ok for solo players and enough to level weapons and frames.

I dont see why there should be a lowered dufficulty for solo players while they still can fight on the lower systems....

Edited by Venarge

Never had or have a problem to solo anything.. especially with Rhino and i mostly do solo missions to level up weapons so no outgearing there.

There is alot of whining on the forums lately that the game is too hard but in most cases it's not the fault of the game rather than bad setups for warframes, lack of skill or plain stupidity.. but i don't say any of this is the case with you.

Just watch for the Difficulty of the missions and try not to do Difficulty 5 ones and i guess you're fine even solo.

Lemme watch you solo hyena real quick.

If you can solo everything, you have maxxed out Vit and shield mods. Even then Idk, boss shield regen is $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by LareBear

I definetely agree with you. There should at least be a reduced number of enemies or that enemies should do less damage depending on the number of people in your party. Likewise, there should be more enemies which do more damage for increased number of players in the party. It really discourages new players from playing the game, especially ones that want to try out the game by themselves, without fear of being berated or left behind by other players. At the very least, Mercury levels should be much easier.

I definetely agree with you. There should at least be a reduced number of enemies or that enemies should do less damage depending on the number of people in your party. Likewise, there should be more enemies which do more damage for increased number of players in the party. It really discourages new players from playing the game, especially ones that want to try out the game by themselves, without fear of being berated or left behind by other players. At the very least, Mercury levels should be much easier.

Mercury and Venus are low level systems. That should be enough for new players. There is no reason to make the game that much easier when there already are levels for new players

My friend rage quit because he died a lot in the first few missions. I like the challenge, but the game doesn't really cater to people that run guns blazing into a room early on. Maybe at least make a solo planet for beginners would help. The problem with solo play is the ai targets only you so you can go down quick.

Missions don't have a difficulty on them either. You pretty much go to a mission and get owned do to difficulty. The ai seems to have better accuracy and will chase you down perfectly with higher difficulty.

Games likes this, it all comes down to whoever farms the most will be the best. Same thing happened in dungeon defenders. WIthout a purpose or story most people will grind for a month then get bored.

Games likes this, it all comes down to whoever farms the most will be the best. Same thing happened in dungeon defenders. WIthout a purpose or story most people will grind for a month then get bored.

And thats the awesome thing here. Its still beta....

And Mercury is a beginner system. I mean, enemies with levels from 1-3.... Its so easy, I dont even know how to make it easier....

Edited by Venarge

Still hunting for a GODDAMN SHIELD MOD post U7, but pre-U7, i didn't have a lot of problems soloing on my Volt. With the exception of Pluto, which i would have needed all supercharged weapons for at least, and Ceres and Eris, which i weren't really attempting because i was busy farming the other bosses and i wouldn't have gotten past goddamn Xini anyway, I was able to solo the other planets and even bosses without too much trouble. The two bosses that were really hard were Vay Hek and Hyena, both due to being complete bullet sponges, but even then i eventually learned how to reliably take them down. I personally am an exclusively solo player, because i live in hong kong and thus cannot team up with anyone without lagging like all hell.

Quite frankly, i think the difficulty right now is almost just right....for solo. Certain spawn rates should be reduced, true, especially on defense missions (either that or put the defense missions on a side lane instead of the "mainstream" that leads to the boss) and maybe change the bosses a bit so they are more of a challenge instead of a bulletsponge, but that's a long story not close to the current topic. What the game needs is ENEMY SCALING TO PLAYER NUMBER. There are all kinds of elitists on the forums i've seen that are all like "this game is too easy lolololol, l2p or uninstall", and really the problem lies in that the game is rediculously easy when you have a team, and is really only any kind of a challenge when you solo. And most people don't solo, and thus complain that the game is too easy. In any PvE co-op game, enemy scaling is a must. Borderlands 2 did it. Diablo 3 did it. Why shouldn't Warframe? Simply increasing enemy spawn rate and putting a multiplier on enemy health, shields and damage based on the number of players present should work out most of the problems. It would give the game a challenge for the co-op players, while not completely screwing over solo players. What's not to like?

Although seriously if you have problems soloing Mercury...even i can't help you there :/

Edited by Madotsuki

I'm concerned more about is the fact that enemies get stronger when you're solo compared to co-op. For instance, when I was farming Kelade for Saryn parts, when I was in a party, the enemies' fire rate was about 1/3 of what it was when I was solo. At best only a couple grineers could eradicate my 500 shields within a couple seconds when solo. And when I was playing co-op? I could take on 10 grineers without losing HALF of my shields.

So yeah. I suppose the game is heavily against playing solo, unless you're fighting infested.

Edited by Drauce

I'm concerned more about is the fact that enemies get stronger when you're solo compared to co-op. For instance, when I was farming Kelade for Saryn parts, when I was in a party, the enemies' fire rate was about 1/3 of what it was when I was solo. At best only a couple grineers could eradicate my 500 shields within a couple seconds when solo. And when I was playing co-op? I could take on 10 grineers without losing HALF of my shields.

So yeah. I suppose the game is heavily against playing solo, unless you're fighting infested.

I think that might have more to do with lag and/or framerate than enemies actually scaling DOWN difficulty in co-op. Oh and i would've considered Infested the harder faction to solo over Grineers and Corpus o_O

Its easy. If your have 3 team mates, of course not every grineer is shooting at you.....

And its the exact opposite. The more people, the harder the enemies

I dunno, I kinda like the difficulty where it's at. since some people whant the game to be harder, and other people whant the game to be easier, why not just have both? Add difficulty settings that you can vote for in the lobby before the round starts.

Keep the mod Drops the same for all difficulty levels, but make harder difficulties have higher credit gains as a reward for completing missions on higher difficulties.

Its easy. If your have 3 team mates, of course not every grineer is shooting at you.....

Pretty sure enemies don't scale right now, so enemies stay constant no matter if you're soloing or co-oping. The only difference is that in co-op not all of the enemies are shooting at you, and as long as your team is nearby you get infinite revives. And of course you have more firepower due to having more people.

The difficulty stems from the spawn system which does need some tweaking. Occasionally you'll have a run where not much spawns while many other times you will see elites and other enemies constantly spawning to halt progress. The best you can do for now is try to always be moving forward while killing as many as you can on the way.

Except that I'm nowhere near my teammates. And you can actually SEE that the enemies shoot with a much lower fire rate than they do when solo.

Except that I'm nowhere near my teammates. And you can actually SEE that the enemies shoot with a much lower fire rate than they do when solo.

Thats simply not true ^^

I know that. I do alot solo the last times and they are definitly the same

Enemies dont shoot slower just because there are more persons around. This wouldnt make any sense.....

Edited by Venarge

Thats simply not true ^^

I know that. I do alot solo the last times and they are definitly the same

Enemies dont shoot slower just because there are more persons around. This wouldnt make any sense.....

I suppose you want video proof. I'll see what I can do.

A reason for you thinking the grineers shoot less might be that the AI is irritated by the number of players running around. Instead of deciding to shoot on someone and keep on shooting, the AI sends them running around, taking cover, switching fire and so on.

If that were the case, taking an elevator alone, entering a room with 3 grineer shouldn't provide a different result whether it is solo play or multi play. When solo, they decide to shoot and down most of my shields in one go. And when multiplaying, they hardly take 100.

Here's the thing: the solo difficulty you complain about, OP, is actually the real difficulty of the game. The only reason co-op is easier is because then the AI has multiple targets to spread gunfire over, and thus, even in a 2-player game, each of you'd only take about half the damage you would otherwise. Plus, in co-op, your teammates can revive you, unlike in solo.

They just need to stop the AI spawning behind you in long corridors. Adding a cover system when backed into a corner would be good too.

Somebody posted a thread about having a cover system, which I am vehemently opposed to - it doesn't fit with the style of this game.

That said, the option to look around corners and have a better viewing angle while stealthing would be great.