Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Not Sure If This Is The Way It Should Be.....

lilFernandez

ok,

so its a free to play game right? seems pretty awesome even just for a beta it has my respect. BUT i couldnt help but notice to buy items (warframes, most weapons ect.) we need to buy platinum?! im really hoping this is so people will buy platinum to help funding for the full version. is this the truth, or will EVERYTHING become free after the full version?

I'm sure blueprints (of any warframe or weapons) are 'free', they dont require you to spend any plats.

Plats to buy weapons and warframe are just a direct/short cut way of getting them. Like in life, you get the easy way out with money.

Edited by wkfire

You don't "need" to buy anything (excpept for additional slots for warframes/weapon in inventory) you can collect all the parts of the warframes via missions. Then build them using the foundry. Orokin reactors and catalysts can be won on the login-reward lottery or given as a bonus on alert missions.

Like peolpe said, take a look at the market, there are blueprints for almost all weapons and all warframes. Also, the dual-prices on some weapons are credit OR platinum prices, not both. So you can buy those directly with credits. A hint on those warframe blueprints though, they need three warframe parts to be crafted, those drop from certain bosses, there should be a user generated list pinned somewhere here in the forums that tells you which boss drops what parts to make farming easier.

So, if you want to spend platinum, spend it on warframe and weapon slots or buy some color-palettes if you feel fancy. The rest can be farmed, including the reactor/catalyst blueprints needed to unlock the full potential of weapons and warframes. Thouch they might feel rather rare, they accumulate rather steadily if you play frequently.