Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid 2.0 - When Will It Be Useful Again?

ScorpDK

So everyone who has been using the Torid before Damage 2.0 took it down a dark alley and did nasty things to it, knows that it used to be powerful crowd control device; any enemy running through the clouds would be instantly effected by whatever elemental damages you put on it, making it especially powerful with Ice Damage, due to keeping enemies inside the Cloud due to the slowdown effect.

Now, with Damage 2.0, there's a base 10% chance of that ever happening, meaning 99% of the enemies just waltz right through the cloud, taking a tiny chunk of damage and being out of the cloud before it could possibly hit them again, essentially making the gun useless unless you go for headshots.

SO I would like to ask that DEs weapon balancing team sit down with the TORID for a few hours and see about how to make the weapon a viable choice once more, as almost any weapon outperforms it.

Considering the gun was intended as a crowd-control kind of weapon (I believe), some ideas for improvements to it:

- Better status chance on clouds (I would gladly trade in the crit chance % for more status %)

- Larger AoE (and possibly being eligible for the Firestorm Mod)

- Increase the rate at which clouds deal damage, so enemies take several hits while running through.

...and maybe give it a unique model :/

if anyone else has ideas on how to improve the weapon, please chime in; if not, at least let me know if you agree that the Torid is in dire need of a face-lift.

One thought I had was to make it a continuous or automatic weapon. Instead of firing single grenades, fire them at a 4-5 firerate, with a clip size of 20 or so. Lower the grenade impact damage to compensated, and maybe make the gas effect not last as long. Give the impact damage a very high proc chance, and maybe bump the clouds to 15% or so. Basically, you can spray gas clouds everywhere, and more 'nades will mean more procs and more damage. This would also give it a reason to have rifle ammo; with an 20 round clip and auto-fire, you might actually go below 500 ammo on occasion.

If they are going to keep it as a single grenade launcher, it needs a much larger AoE and proc chance, yeah.

Also, please keep it as a 'tech' weapon and not a 'biological' weapon when it gets a real model.