Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Great Ideas.

Vanhline

first i want to say that neither one of these ideas started as my own. ive posted countless ideas of my own on these forums but these two originated from other people and i take no credit on the original concept of the ideas. i just want to post my own take and spin these them wile promoting the vary basis of ideas itself. 

first of all,

weapon aura.

this to me is a great idea for multiple reasons.

one is that a vast majority of people hate that forma cause you to have to re-rank the weapon. i agree and disagree with this. it does increase the investment you have in that weapon as the amount of work to polish it off can be extensive in some cases. but, just like ranking a frame, the first several levels can be somewhat painful to have to rank over and over, starting with extra points and allowing you to put on a few essential mods right of the bat and would ease this greatly.

also,

there are a number of mods in the game that are quite frankly useless in their current state but would be epic if given their own "aura" slot as to not demolish the effectiveness of the weapon by having to take of things that actually make it do damage. 

such as, 

zoom mods,

straight clip size enhancers (ammo drum is an overall dps loss on every single weapon it can be used on),

recoil reduction,

reach for melee, (take a step forward?) 

faction based damage would also work great here.

second idea,

weapon weight and "empty" weapon slots.

so this is something that honestly never even occurred to me as obvious as it seemed when i first read this persons proposal on it. 

i think that firstly your speed needs to be a viewable stat regardless of any changes that may or may no be taken away from this idea.

i think all weapons need to be given weight classifications. i dont think changes need to be made to slow players down by using what would be viewed as the heavier weapons, i think that the heavy weps should be the baseline of our current speed. so a Excalibur using a supra should move at 1.0, the way it currently is.

however, i think that excal using say, a grakata should get a slight boost in speed for using a smaller weapon.

additionally, i think that "empty" needs to be a weapon slot option for all three weapon slots for even greater speed boosts. if we dont want to carry a weapon we should not be forced too and should benefit from the lower weight.

I Like both!

However, I would make this weight thing for melee weapons only, or something like this. I've already noticed this logic-mistake. I'm pretty sure that the Scindo is heavier than a Skana.

But, I'm not 100% sure about the empty slot thing. Maybe it's not the best idea I've ever read, but I see your point.

It's a similar idea to Mass Effect 3 weight system. You can run around with just a pistol if you want, because it increases your power cool-down rate. Maybe we could get increased energy pool with fewer weapons and vice-versa. I've been hoping for a more deep and dynamic system like this since I started.

I do agree that there are many "useless" mods like the ones you mentioned above. However, I think their uselessness comes from other mod combinations being super powerful. Elemental is where you go when you want a ton of damage. Not faction specific mods that only gives a 30% damage bonus to one faction for 9 mod points while an elemental mod can give 90% extra damage to every faction for 11 points. The math doesn't make sense.

The only weapon I use recoil reduction on is my akstilettos. Pretty useful in that case

They really need to balance out mods and make useless ones useful. IMO a great way to do it would be to make weapons get more powerful just by leveling (like frames) and lower the power of each mod. Equipping the mods would put you at the same spot (or lower if I could have my way~), but since the base stats of things like damage would be higher, mods could be a lot more flexable. Where as now you just want to give it +500% damage.