The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

Yeah I was just thinking how ridiculous is it for content like that to be locked away from the majority of the player base just because they didn't start playing the game early on.

Kinda frustrating, especially when the Event weapons are consistently better stat wise too.

Hell, even Founder exclusive stuff shouldn't be locked out - it should just be harder to acquire. The Founders can enjoy the exclusive forum area and badge, but keeping game content under key is silly. Divinity: Original Sin is an example of doing exclusive founder content correctly.

The foundars items are a different topic and in my opinion they should stay founders, they paid for it and it's a sign to show what crap they put up with in the early days of warframe. But event items I don't mind that they are rereleased because they were not pay to win stuff. But they must go through the pain we had to get them (I'm looking at you Brakk)

If there is another similar event where there is a second chance i think everyone would be fine.

But what if people can't make it to that second event? And what about a few months after that when more new players begin realizing they're locked out of content too?

It should always be possible to acquire. I agree with the guy above - events should reward cosmetics - not weapons.

The reasons I want Brakk to return is 1) it's a god-tier weapon and those being exclusive just break the balance of the game 2) PS4 players never had a chance at it and deserve one. I'm not trying to anger or annoy veterans. I understand their concerns and I too think they should be compensated for this. Why not An exclusive skin or syndana for them of some sort?

they already have plenty of exclusive items.

the more exclusives a particular system gets the more unbalanced the game is in terms of fairness to players. they need to try and keep things as even as possible from here on out, or this sort of dillema will just keep happening. this applies to new xbox owners, ps4 members, and p.c. players who are knew to the game. there is always going to be this cycle of people wanting what was available before. this game is so new still, its pretty strange there are so many items unavailable to all current players.

Even if the content is reopened (eg the Brakk) and the people who originally earned it get special syandanas or cosmetics or whatever, people will continue to complain about the exclusivity of those cosmetics. It's a never ending cycle that begins and ends with player greed. DE just needs to put their foot down and say something on the topic so all this pointless arguing can finally come to a close.

Even if the content is reopened (eg the Brakk) and the people who originally earned it get special syandanas or cosmetics or whatever, people will continue to complain about the exclusivity of those cosmetics. It's a never ending cycle that begins and ends with player greed. DE just needs to put their foot down and say something on the topic so all this pointless arguing can finally come to a close.

This^ 

Yeah but I think it would be less of a deal. Sure, it's still annoying if you're really into the game to never have the option to get these things again, but it's easier to get over an exclusive cosmetic versus an exclusive weapon.

Though true people will still argue about exclusives, people that complain about cosmetics are very few, compared to people who complain about weapons. Example: I never seen a thread about the Misa syndana Prime from prime access.

Though true people will still argue about exclusives, people that complain about cosmetics are very few, compared to people who complain about weapons. Example: I never seen a thread about the Misa syndana Prime from prime access.

thats pretty true. and it all really boils down to an item that actually adds to gameplay and mastery rank. thats the reason these items should be available somehow. not making them available just adds more frustration to a game that, if you lurk these forums long enough, is riddled with frustration.

new players wanting items that arent available(even thought the game is still in beta, and an infant so the developers should be trying to make everyone love the game), and veterans who are waiting for something other than a grindfest that they are forced to pray to an RNG deity.

But what if people can't make it to that second event? And what about a few months after that when more new players begin realizing they're locked out of content too?

It should always be possible to acquire. I agree with the guy above - events should reward cosmetics - not weapons.

If they missed it they missed.

Exclusive has a specific meaning, if the item is not going to be exclusive then the name should be changed.

I agree with your point but I would like to make a note of the fact that I've seen PLENTY of threads complaining either about the exclusivity, price, or availability of the Misa. It's a moot point now because as of about an hour ago it's no longer available.

The reasons I want Brakk to return is 1) it's a god-tier weapon and those being exclusive just break the balance of the game 2) PS4 players never had a chance at it and deserve one. I'm not trying to anger or annoy veterans. I understand their concerns and I too think they should be compensated for this. Why not An exclusive skin or syndana for them of some sort?

PS4 players don't 'deserve' anything. If they weren't there, they didn't get it. PS4 players never had a chance because they weren't there. Exclusives should remain exclusive. If a store has a special promotional deal for one day and you aren't there to benefit, it is not their duty to put that promotional deal back up so you can have chance at it.

Now, on the subject of the Brakk... I DO believe that it should be released, but not into normal (market/clan tech/voids) circulation. It should be made available in a way similar to how the Detron is available via a Grineer version of the Harvester-type boss. An exclusive skin or Syndana is a spit in the face of all those who worked their butts off for whatever exclusive item it is that the people want made available. (Using Vandal and Wraith weapons as an example) I didn't work my butt off for a Snipetron Vandal skin or a Strun Wraith skin. I worked towards getting those weapons. The Brakk is a special case purely because the Detron was released. This is not to say that I would be opposed to DE suddenly declaring that the Brakk will remain exclusive forever.

Yeah I was just thinking how ridiculous is it for content like that to be locked away from the majority of the player base just because they didn't start playing the game early on.

Kinda frustrating, especially when the Event weapons are consistently better stat wise too.

Hell, even Founder exclusive stuff shouldn't be locked out - it should just be harder to acquire. The Founders can enjoy the exclusive forum area and badge, but keeping game content under key is silly. Divinity: Original Sin is an example of doing exclusive founder content correctly.

No. Founder rewards should remain exclusive. There should be no debate about that. You can take your entitlement/greed elsewhere. IIRC DE has already come out and said that Founder's items are exclusive to founders.

No. Founder rewards should remain exclusive. There should be no debate about that. You can take your entitlement/greed elsewhere. IIRC DE has already come out and said that Founder's items are exclusive to founders.

I hardly feel entitled to it. -_-

I'm merely expressing my opinion on the matter. Clearly our opinions do not line up.

I hardly feel entitled to it. -_-

I'm merely expressing my opinion on the matter. Clearly our opinions do not line up.

I put /greed because I wasn't sure whether you wanted the items because of entitlement or because of greed. If the former doesn't apply to you then surely the latter does. Or is there some other reason why you think founder's items (which cost their owners quite a hefty amount of money) should be made available to non-founders? That would be like me claiming that Misa syndana should be buy-able on the market place. The mastery rank arguments and stat set arguments are grasping arguments as the sheer volume of items in this game more than make up for a players inability to access three (Lato, Skana, and Excalibur Prime). Mastery Rank doesn't matter much anyway (for right now). The only people who should really be upset are the completionists (who can get over it) and the Founders who have to put up with other players constantly begging DE to take away the exclusivity of the Founder's items.

I put /greed because I wasn't sure whether you wanted the items because of entitlement or because of greed. If the former doesn't apply to you then surely the latter does. Or is there some other reason why you think founder's items (which cost their owners quite a hefty amount of money) should be made available to non-founders? That would be like me claiming that Misa syndana should be buy-able on the market place. The mastery rank arguments and stat set arguments are grasping arguments as the sheer volume of items in this game more than make up for a players inability to access three (Lato, Skana, and Excalibur Prime). Mastery Rank doesn't matter much anyway (for right now). The only people who should really be upset are the completionists (who can get over it) and the Founders who have to put up with other players constantly begging DE to take away the exclusivity of the Founder's items.

so new players are greedy, and old players are hoarders. at least we got that sorted out.

It's neither entitlement OR greed. It's about not keeping game content from players. I purchased the Prime pack, I got the syandana, and in all honesty, I could not care less if they started selling it on the market for 75 plat. In fact I would love to see that.

My opinion, me, is that game content shouldn't be locked out from players permanently. Period. Developers don't agree. People who are early adopters and want to feel special don't agree. But I'm of the mindset that it should be open.

This will be an issue that the dev's will have to make a stand. A firm stand. Once and for all. If not, it will be repeated again in the future.

As a consumer, obviously we want everything that includes even the founder's exclusive stuffs.

They're always people pushing/bending the borders. Once you give in, it's over.

No matter what your decision is, you will obviously make certain quarter(s) unhappy@you cant make everyone happy.

You however can only do what is "best"/"right" for this community's interest. Your call DE.

I wouldn't re-release exclusive items because it was a reward/incentive for a particular event/effort that i put into..furthermore, I wouldn't want to cause anymore major upset.

so new players are greedy, and old players are hoarders. at least we got that sorted out.

Only if those new players feel that they should be given items that other players HAD to pay 50 to 250 USD for. I don't see why older players would/should be considered hoarders, but okay.

It's neither entitlement OR greed. It's about not keeping game content from players. I purchased the Prime pack, I got the syandana, and in all honesty, I could not care less if they started selling it on the market for 75 plat. In fact I would love to see that.

My opinion, me, is that game content shouldn't be locked out from players permanently. Period. Developers don't agree. People who are early adopters and want to feel special don't agree. But I'm of the mindset that it should be open.

Why shouldn't they keep payed for content from other players?

I agree with many of the other people here, DE needs to give one final answer on item exclusivity. I know their (other) motto is 'Never say never' but that simply will not work in this situation. We need a yes or no and clearer distinctions made in the future between timed exclusives and true exclusives.

Only if those new players feel that they should be given items that other players HAD to pay 50 to 250 USD for. I don't see why older players would/should be considered hoarders, but okay.

Why shouldn't they keep payed for content from other players?

I agree with many of the other people here, DE needs to give one final answer on item exclusivity. I know their (other) motto is 'Never say never' but that simply will not work in this situation. We need a yes or no and clearer distinctions made in the future between timed exclusives and true exclusives.

The reason they might be calling you a hoarder is because you sound like you never want them to come back, no matter what. Even for money. There are pleanty of people willing to pay equal to, or more than what founders paid. for a "excalibur prime pack"  Free/ event for these items is a definite no-go. but i can understand paying for them.

Just saying~

Of course it's people who already has the Brakk that doesn't want Brakk to come back. I HAVE MY SPECIAL GUN NOONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE IT NUH-UH

Seriously, want unique rewards for events - that's fine. But at least keep it to cosmetic only. Badges, Scarves and Special weapon skins are all good. But limiting certain weapons that has unique stats just isn't fair new people, especially if said weapon has amongst the top stats in the game for its category.

The reason they might be calling you a hoarder is because you sound like you never want them to come back, no matter what. Even for money. There are pleanty of people willing to pay equal to, or more than what founders paid. for a "excalibur prime pack"  Free/ event for these items is a definite no-go. but i can understand paying for them.

Just saying~

IIRC DE has already said that Founder's rewards are exclusive. That means if you didn't purchase the founders packs you missed out. You can call me every name you want, it doesn't change the facts. I don't even have the items, so this isn't a case of me wanting to hold on to my exclusive items. I just don't want to see DE spit in the Founders' faces by re-releasing those items.

of course people would pay for the items. i called you a hoarder, but maybe that was incorrect. i should have just said "my precious"

BUT this has gone off topic now, it was about event items being made available to new players through events. which i believe is a good course of action. if everyone takes a step back and realizes this is video game and should be equally enjoyed by all who play it, then it makes sense.