The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Flexibility] Bring All Frames To Nova Tier Without Buffs

notionphil

Some of your improvements to other frames abilities are quite good and even necessary  (I consider Banshee ult to be absolutely horrible skill for disabling her for the entire duration)

making m-prime channelled ability would be a hilarious nerf *thumbs up*

I'll go ahead and list my disagreements:

1. I don't think Absorb should be mobile.  Honestly, I think it could look weird.  Just giving her early detonation should be sufficient IMO.

2. I don't think Sound Quake should be instant-cast.  I've always wanted it to be progressive back-loaded damaged which would be consistent with something using resonant frequencies as an attack.  You should be able to cancel at any time, but if you make it the full duration, each damage tick (let's assume one per second) should hurt more than the last and have more potent CC.  Maybe something like 50 (no stagger) + 100 (interrupt) + 150 (stagger) + 200 (stagger) + 250 (knockdown) + 300 (ragdoll) + 350 (pinball machine) for a total of 1400.

Now if I were to do some things for some other frames...

Ash

Smokescreen: turns nearby allies and Sentinels invisible

Bladestorm: can be sped up by Fury and can be cancelled by pressing 4 again

Frost

Freeze: now an AoE cone ability and can heal Snow Globe

Snow Globe: rotates around a vertical axis extremely slowly and has several individual plates which passively heal (faster when not under fire); SG plates show visible cracks as they are damaged

Loki

Invisibility: I don't know if this ever happened (haven't played him in forever), but if not, this ability needs to cloak his sentinel

Oberon

Hallowed Ground: all units on the carpet take up to 40% of the damage taken by other enemies on the carpet through damage propagation

Renewal: increased speed to 2x the running speed of Loki and drastically improve turning radius; now also imparts effect on allies with full health as a protective ability.

Volt

Electric Shield: now floats in front of Volt.  Press 3 again to deploy it statically at current location.

I feel like those changes would be good for the game by making these abilities, as the OP defines it, flexible.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Frost

*breathing intensifies* I would like this!

Loki

Invisibility: I don't know if this ever happened (haven't played him in forever), but if not, this ability needs to cloak his sentinel

I think this was fixed, either that or my sentinel dies too fast for me to notice :S

I'll go ahead and list my disagreements:

1. I don't think Absorb should be mobile.  Honestly, I think it could look weird.  Just giving her early detonation should be sufficient IMO.

2. I don't think Sound Quake should be instant-cast.  I've always wanted it to be progressive back-loaded damaged which would be consistent with something using resonant frequencies as an attack.  You should be able to cancel at any time, but if you make it the full duration, each damage tick (let's assume one per second) should hurt more than the last and have more potent CC.  Maybe something like 50 (no stagger) + 100 (interrupt) + 150 (stagger) + 200 (stagger) + 250 (knockdown) + 300 (ragdoll) + 350 (pinball machine) for a total of 1400.

Now if I were to do some things for some other frames...

Ash

Bladestorm: can be sped up by Fury and can be cancelled by pressing 4 again

Frost

Snow Globe: rotates around a vertical axis extremely slowly and has several individual plates which passively heal (faster when not under fire); SG plates show visible cracks as they are damaged

Loki

Oberon

Hallowed Ground: all units on the carpet take up to 40% of the damage taken by other enemies on the carpet through damage propagation

Renewal: increased speed to 2x the running speed of Loki and drastically improve turning radius; now also imparts effect on allies with full health as a protective ability.

Volt

Electric Shield: now floats in front of Volt.  Press 3 again to deploy it statically at current location.

I feel like those changes would be good for the game by making these abilities, as the OP defines it, flexible.

Absorb would just have nyx floating in her little orb...however she could control the direction of hover. I can also think of better ways to fix soundquake than my suggestion, but this is the most accessible fix without radically rebuilding the power. It also really does bring it up to MP tier. We'd see a ton more banshees around, and I think the actual abil could prob use a nerf at that point.

I'll add most of those to the OP, thanks Volt. Trying to keep these as simple and non-numerically buffy as possible, so some might get a slight tweak :)

I also think that hallowed ground should provide 1% life leech. Any Oberon players have feelings on that? Seems to fit his role.

Edited by notionphil

I also think that hallowed ground should provide 1% life leech. Any Oberon players have feelings on that? Seems to fit his role.

I'd start it with an improved size and go from there before considering what else to put on it. 

I measured it at 10x5(absolutely tiny really), enemies are either running right through it when I lay out it out horizontally, running around it vertically, or running out of it on the first tick of damage and before the second. The fact it needs Stretch to feel just-below average sized is ridiculous. 

So while all utility options on it are good, it needs to either have an increased ability to hold enemies, or an increased size first so it has time to make use of these effects. 

Maybe also make it half fire damage(It's holy fire isn't it?) so it has increased effectiveness against more enemy units.

So while all utility options on it are good, it needs to either have an increased ability to hold enemies, or an increased size first so it has time to make use of these

Thanks for the Oberon ideas Luke...Check out the changes in the OP :)

Frost

which leads us to...

Frost: That's right, you heard it here first people ;)

Snowglobe: Cold damage heals globe's HP.

*suggestions for Ash, Oberon, Volt, frost; hat tip Volt_Cruelers

Volt...I.... I think we just fixed frost.

Edited by notionphil

Dat Hallowed Ground...

While we're at it, Reckoning. It'd an AOE nuke that's powerful but the range is smaller than other similar attacks. There's a lot of those abilities, as you've said. Would it work to have that nuke actually target a specific enemy and hit all enemies around that target?

Dat Hallowed Ground...

While we're at it, Reckoning. It'd an AOE nuke that's powerful but the range is smaller than other similar attacks. There's a lot of those abilities, as you've said. Would it work to have that nuke actually target a specific enemy and hit all enemies around that target?

IMO reckoning is ok* as is. It's an easily recastable nuke with ragdoll, that creates health orbs. Those solid secondary effects that justifies its range.

For now, let's take the handcuffs off some of these high-potential abilities, so they can at least have a defining role.

When I say OK - I mean as OK as any non-scaling power in a scaling enemy game.

I would like it if sound quake would follow Banshees steps, 1 step would be 2 waves. Rush mod would even get more use on her

and Banshee + Volt (Sound Quake + Speed) could be another interesting combo like Loki + Vauban (Radial disarm + Bastille)

Move mind control to 2nd skill position
Mind Control: Makes 1 enemy at a time a follower. Buffed stats and damage that scales by percentage of the current level of that unit. Abilities of controlled units will be active for following tennos to share.

Psychic bolts is now a first skill ability
Psychic bolts: Does percentile damage or a solid damage number to a single unit, When hitting a chaosed enemy, the damage is linked to the rest of the chaosed group making all of them take the same damage debuff. The linked damage will count as pure damage meaning that heavy units will be taking full damage that grunt units take, bypassing armor calculations etc.

Move mind control to 2nd skill position

Mind Control: Makes 1 enemy at a time a follower. Buffed stats and damage that scales by percentage of the current level of that unit. Abilities of controlled units will be active for following tennos to share.

Psychic bolts is now a first skill ability

Psychic bolts: Does percentile damage or a solid damage number to a single unit, When hitting a chaosed enemy, the damage is linked to the rest of the chaosed group making all of them take the same damage debuff. The linked damage will count as pure damage meaning that heavy units will be taking full damage that grunt units take, bypassing armor calculations etc.

these are lovely suggestions to revamp skills...however, what we're trying to do [mostly] here is remove limitations from skills which prevent them from being useful.

EG: Mindcontrol lacks flexibility currently because people can't tell your target is controlled and thus kill it, and bc you lose the XP when its killed. So we fix that, and add as little as possible to the power.

Doesn't Chaos not give affinity from enemies killing each other?

EDIT: oh hey, 3k posts

That is correct, but I think that makes sense. Those enemies are not my allies, so I shouldn't benefit from their kills. I should instead dispatch them as quickly as possible.

Chaos is such a powerful ability that it needs downsides. The 'cannot cast while in use' is a great downside, and the no XP if you're slow to kill works as well IMO.

Ash: simple tweaks help this assassin play well with others

I feel the need to kill this one hopefully.

If an ash can do this what is to stop an ash from making the entire team invisible in a defense mission making all enemies aggro the pod?

What should be better is that enemies cannot detect teammates through the smoke but remain in an alerted state.

I feel the need to kill this one hopefully.

If an ash can do this what is to stop an ash from making the entire team invisible in a defense mission making all enemies aggro the pod?

What should be better is that enemies cannot detect teammates through the smoke but remain in an alerted state.

I think that team invis should function like Shade's cloak. When you fire or use abil it fades.

I think that team invis should function like Shade's cloak. When you fire or use abil it fades.

That makes it fairly limited for the team. The speed difference between players would basically mean that rushers (where I see the most potential for this) simply wouldn't be together. Everywhere else it is unpractical.

If it were to be like that it would need more. Maybe a combination of both. It could make ash a valuable asset to a defense mission if you can pop a smokescreen at a choke point.

Maybe also recasting while active?

Couple more ideas-

Shuriken procs a blast proc

Teleport is made free-aiming with a capped range, and cooldown enabled.

"ash" clones do the killing during bladestorm(?)

As for some other things to add to the list-

Shock(volt) does signifigantly more damage when passing through electric shield

Overload removes the buffs from speed (acting under the assumption it hasn't changed since I have last seen it) in exchange for greatly increasing damage.

Recasting Mind Control(Nyx) makes your minion target the second enemy.

Psychic daggers procs radiation

absorb now deals damage in 360 degrees.

Warcry(Valkyr) offers Rate of Fire boost for all weapons

Paralysis is now 360 degrees and does knockback based on shield depleted

Hysteria now has base values on the upper end of the melee spectrum, but any higher values from your currently equiped melee weapon will transfer over.

Slash Dash(excal) knocks down enemies

Radial Blind buffs melee weapon after usage leaving a visual effect on it

Radial Javelin -> a new power

Silence(Banshee) now can silence alarms(?)

Smite(Oberon) does forcefield damage(ragdolling)

Hallowed Ground debuffs enemies on it, buffs tenno on it

Snowglobe(Frost) passively regens health

Icewave creates movement barriers for enemies

Freeze procs freeze in an aoe around detonation point

Accelerant(Ember) is now a buff to the team rather than debuff to enemies

Fire Blast-> Overheat

Contagion(Sayrn) affects all weapons

Miasma slows down afflicted enemies

Molt gives a temporary buff of some form and the decoy aspect is removed(?)

Soul Punch(Nekros) now gives priority recasting to shadows of the dead to killed/marked enemies, marks enemies making them take more damage

Shadows of the Dead minions spawn X levels higher than the level they were killed at

Did I do gud?

Isn't the hallowed ground buff you posted on OP a bit too much ? Duration reset on kill, extension of the carpet...trust me with this I even forget about Reckoning.

On an other very similar post to yours the OP had a nice idea that was to make Reckoning a circle or half a circle using the caster as center, and that it would debuff ennemy speed and boost allies (can't remember how but you get the idea).

I know you don't want to modify abilities in this thread, but think about the buff/debuff, it would add good utility to Oberon.

Edit : Sorry Cwierz you said just the same, let's say I bumped your thoughts

Edited by Cyrionn