Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Are Our Wrath. Corpus Are Our Avarice. Tenno Are Our Balance... So What Happens When That Balance Runs Rampant?

Aden

The Grineer can be seen as humanity's wrath and pride.

The Corpus can be seen as humanity's envy and avarice.

The Infestation can be seen as the monster that hides beneath humanity's mask of culture.

The Tenno, however, are the balance that comprise the good of humanity.

But tell me... what would happen when that balance ran rampant?

For a long time I've seen threads dedicated to infested warframes to be played. What I suggest is to not infect a warframe with the infestation, it's not even that their own technocyte suits went rampant. My suggestion is this, what if a tenno simply snapped. No outside influence, they simply snap. They go so far into the art of control and balance that they lose all ability to reason good from evil and become akin to rabid dogs.

A while back the devs revealed a possible concept for an infested ship. I view this as the perfect opportunity to implement something like this. Imagine it, a tenno controlling the technocyte virus in them to create unique strains. It would solve lore issues with how the virus cannibalizes other faction ships easily. The warframes are made from pure technocyte so why not just have it begin to self replicate?

As for the new strains, just make it so that the infested born from these ships depends on the rampant tenno the ships themselves are born from. At the end of the mission just have a short assassination of tenno in a birthing pod to destroy the ship. It's not like you can hack a biological ship in the same way as a machine so make these little nerve centers at the rampant tenno's development areas the replacement for it. Get readings, collect samples, and the part I've been gearing for...

Fight the fully developed rampant tenno.

Throughout the missions the infested "ships" or "hives" can either roam around the star chart or act as temporary extra nodes in the star chart. As you progress through these extra node trees or reach a certain level of completion the rampant tenno will slowly develop into a mature state. In this state it becomes a full fledged assassination mission with the target being the warped version of whatever warframe that tenno was using. Due to their maddened state they view balance as conformity and give in to the suggestions of the hive mind in this stage. You as a non-rampant tenno are viewed as a threat to "balance". The rampant tenno will fight you with both familiar and alien powers, actual weapons of their trade being warped to become a part of them.

I will give an example:

A rampant excalibur, imagine it as you will, emerges from the eerily throne like birthing pod. It's weapons; a galatine that has been warped to replace its right forearm, an brakk fused to its left hand, and an ignis fused into its throat are all aimed at decimating you. However, while the stats of these weapons are taken into account one must also realize they are fighting a master tenno using fully ranked warframes and weapons. This rampant excalibur is larger and faster than an average tenno, can freerun like a tenno, is highly aggressive, and has access to all the powers of a normal excal with an extra kick on top of possibly unknown abilities derived from its weapons or even the terrain.

The brilliant part of this is that we as players get to experience a whole new kind of assassination. No matter how many times we run it it will never be exactly the same. Sometimes you'll get a rampant Volt, maybe an Ember, a Rhino even and despite that constantly growing pool of new enemy material the weapons they use have no assurance of being the same as last time. If one really wanted to they could go so far as random mods being equipped to them for an even more unique battle. The separate strains of enemies they provide will also be a source of an interesting battle through the infested "hive".

Sorry to hit you all with this wall of text. Forgive the poor formatting. If this gets enough attention I'll come back and reformat it so it's a bit easier to understand. Until then my brothers and sisters in warframe... COMMENT! BRAINSTORM!! and have a good laugh while your at it. We're all here to have fun after all.

I always did like the idea of a Tenno going rogue. Let's be honest, most players (including me) fight for loot instead of lore reasons, (We may have let the Grineer put thousands of Corpus civilians into slavery, but hey, we got potatoes.) most players said "I'm sick or your ****, Lotus." atleast once, and most players wondered what it would be like to fight for the Grineer or Corpus at one point.

If there is too much balance no one can appreciate it because there's no negativity to compare it to.

Also the idea of a rampant tenno is pretty cool, but one that could control the Technocyte without being infested doesn't really... work. If one somehow got controlled by the Technocyte and was thus driven make, that'd make sense (if it was, perse, a very specific strand of technocyte the Tenno weren't immune to).

Hey, I just make the starting line guys, you all go from here. Make new threads or continue in this one. I'm just curious what you all might be able to do with this rather bare bones idea.

• 3 weeks later...