Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus's Dark Past [Lore Concept]

NinjaCyan

During gaming me and a buddy thought of a concept for the Lotus's past, sadly we only had 1 day to try enter the quest story thing and so it isn't very good :(

It can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/15BOWdepzPGf83ihMS6LsoPsBcsQai1KCMskZ1RrtNis/edit?usp=sharing

Basically it follows the stalkers info from the codex, that the tenno back-stabbed people, my Theory is:

Lotus used to be a Prime Warframe that had great power, but she messed with dark mods or something and became outcast, She managed to escape or something and began recruiting tenno to her side, of which later on she had a army of, and those are who attacked as said in stalkers lore, for some reason we got put into the cryo pods, of which lotus jumped at the opportunity to greatly expand her army, and since she used to be a frame she knows what to say to convince us, she could have even tampered with the pods so we lose our memory, and the stalker hunts us down because he thinks we work for the lotus who is the betrayer.

this isn't a complete theory and feedback/ideas would be really great!

Edited by NinjaCyan

Yeh, maybe he is trying to avenge his fellow dead tenno friends and trying to destroy lotus and stop her, maybe stalker was a high ranked tenno and he managed to survive the cryo gen disaster? and he is after the outcast lotus

Edited by NinjaCyan

I lost it at "weird voodoo magic corrupted stuff"

all in all, if I am correct, it is known that there is no solid "white good" and "black evil" there is only gray

because from different perspectives based on the Tenno's past and the Orokin's lost empire

Tenno are "bad"

but to people now, those who are oppressed by the grineer or corpus

Tenno are "good"

so like the Tenno, though the Lotus is very vague, she is also a gray figure in this universe. What I am hoping is that this gray becomes diluted with a pure shade based on the player and their actions (cough cough red vale and the oracles)

not saying your concept is bad, for all we know Lotus COULD have the book definition of "evil" intentions. I just dont support the theory

Edited by Anatolius

I lost it at "weird voodoo magic corrupted stuff"

all in all, if I am correct, it is known that there is no solid "white good" and "black evil" there is only gray

because from different perspectives based on the Tenno's past and the Orokin's lost empire

Tenno are "bad"

but to people now, those who are oppressed by the grineer or corpus

Tenno are "good"

so like the Tenno, though the Lotus is very vague, she is also a gray figure in this universe. What I am hoping is that this gray becomes diluted with a pure shade based on the player and their actions (cough cough red vale and the oracles)

When you say you lost it, do u mean u cracked up laughing or just got bored with it? i'm thinking the latter.

Im also saying the tenno may be good/bad but lotus is evil and her intensions are bad

Edited by NinjaCyan

Ummm... DE and the lore have basically confirmed that the Lotus has been around a long time and was an ally of the Tenno even before their fall--that's how she knows how the Tenno operate, where to find the cryopods, how to wake them up and how their stuff works, etc. It's also why the Tenno trust and follow her. Bear in mind that only the player character has lost their memory, lore-wise. Vor's communications with the Queens points to it having been caused by the hasty cryo-flush that released you when Vor came to get you.

It's not clear if it's the same Lotus, or if it's a different person holding the same position, or whatever else... but that pretty well eliminates this as an actual theory/concept. Furthermore, Stalker's lore refers to himself being a "Low Guardian," someone external to the organization of the Tenno. A popular theory is that he was basically a security guard or law enforcement officer. If you've ever seen Naruto, I've seen several people compare him to a member of the Anbo Black-Ops.

I just don't understand the fad with Lotus being evil. Half the community seems to be convinced of it and doesn't trust her. But every evidence points in the opposite direction. I'm not saying I think she's the perfect queen of goodness, but even if she has some ulterior motives I'd say her intentions are almost certainly and basically good.

Well this seems like the best place to put my thoughts, so here's what I wanna know:

Does anyone else think that the Grineer Lancer armor is shaped like the Lotus symbol from the top-down?(back and both shoulders)

And if it actually is, I wonder why...would the Lotus have had some kind of connection to the Grineer? Were the Grineer followers of the Lotus while the Tenno were in cryo sleep, then having developed their superiority complex the Grineer rebelled and became the dominating empire they are now? Or is the Lotus flower just such a common design theme?

Well this seems like the best place to put my thoughts, so here's what I wanna know:

Does anyone else think that the Grineer Lancer armor is shaped like the Lotus symbol from the top-down?(back and both shoulders)

And if it actually is, I wonder why...would the Lotus have had some kind of connection to the Grineer? Were the Grineer followers of the Lotus while the Tenno were in cryo sleep, then having developed their superiority complex the Grineer rebelled and became the dominating empire they are now? Or is the Lotus flower just such a common design theme?

i don't see the design of the armor ur talking about

Tenno are evil,

While "Tenno fight for balance" We the players fight for resources, destroy researches that would fix Grineer decaying issue. Slaughter innocent, capture - i'm sure we kill 'em though since they scream in agony while we disintegrate them for rewards, and better weapons. We think of ourselves as a keepers of balance... yet we attack without a meaning or reason - just to kill and watch the human world burn.

Lotus is just there to make us feel sane or "give mission" while she simply justifies what we are doing ~ where we don't know what we are doing.

I also wonder... Why the Stalker is after us ? Why doesn't he explains himself ? And, why the Lotus never talk about him ?

With all that, it's easy to imagine we are the one misunderstanding something, but we can't say what, and who is lying... Therefor I'm keeping an eye on every single, every reaction that could give me an idea of what the Lotus is up to.

Maybe I'll find something maybe not... But at least such a topic is really making my twisted mind go all out.

But we can't on the other hand ignore that the grineer and the corpus are dangerous for the civilians (if there are still non-fighting people in this world) and also that the infested must be stopped no matter what. And on these points the Lotus operates and guides us very well so I have my doubts but... At least we count on her knowledge until she reveals (or not) her true self.

Edited by Cyriann

The Grineer are just genetically engineered soldiers that happened to have mutated and wield guns on all of there conquests. The Corpus are just the great great great great grand-children of billionaire technology innovators. The Tenno are killing both of them for no good reason. Captain Vor is just a...captain. Hek is a cowardly soldier turned polititian. Alad V is the super-long descendant of Bill Gates. He just wants Profit. he only reason that the Grineer and Corpus would possibly try to attack us is...look at your score board lol

The Grineer are just genetically engineered soldiers that happened to have mutated and wield guns on all of there conquests. The Corpus are just the great great great great grand-children of billionaire technology innovators. The Tenno are killing both of them for no good reason. Captain Vor is just a...captain. Hek is a cowardly soldier turned polititian. Alad V is the super-long descendant of Bill Gates. He just wants Profit. he only reason that the Grineer and Corpus would possibly try to attack us is...look at your score board lol

We are given good reasons for attacking the Grineer and the Corpus.

Grineer: Huge superiority complex that drives them to destroy anything non-Grineer in their conquest of the galaxy (possibly the universe). The Grineer somehow found out about the Tenno, fearing that they could destroy their entire civilization if they so chose. Fearing that outcome, they set out to destroy them while they in cryo-sleep, when they were at their most vulnerable. Lotus, for some reason choosing THIS EXACT MOMENT to wake us up, wakes us up and so begins our story.

Corpus: Humans only concerned for Profit and robotics. They see the Tenno as a source of Profit, particularly the Warframes. They kidnap cryo-pods containing (for some reason) un-awoken Tenno to experiment on them and sell them to the highest bidder (cuz profit). It was the focal point of the Gradivus Dilemma and Zanuka and Harvester were the results of this.

We have good reason for attacking them, all though we have become more like mercenaries than keepers of the balance, and Lotus just goes along with it. Suspicious ain't it?

Edited by DraikoHunter