Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Letter To The Lotus. Requested Dojo Expansion: Firing Range

Jarcu

(For those uninterested in reading a roleplay-esque letter format post please skip to Paragraph three for the meat and bones of it, it will still be in this RP format but it will save you reading time. Thank you.)

My most honorable Lotus, I must regretfully inform that despite both your best efforts, and the scope of the challenge presented against us, that some, if not many, of your Tenno operatives are still deficient in their combat effectiveness. While the Grineer, Corpus, infested, and most of your rank testings have offered our operatives decent opportunity to sharpen their aim, I must sadly conclude that our strikes accuracy is not living up to the legend that follows us.

I will list the following summaries of the attached Battle Log recordings I have sent in addition to this message, in hopes that by citing these specific examples I can well support my point in this matter. In Battle Log id# 87059 Tenno operative [Name Withheld] expends 7 units of Sniper class ammunition with no damage to target due to misjudging projectile flight time and enemy movement. In Battle Log id# &76106 Tenno operative [Name Withheld] in a panic due to an approaching hostile Grineer Butcher expends 6 more daggers than necessary to down the hostile in a frenzied flourish rather than quick precise well practiced strikes. Operative suffered minor injuries, mission successful. In Battle Log id# 90681 Tenno Operative [Name Withheld] Misjudges flight arc of Penta grenade as well as effective blast radius. Shot falls too short when detonated over-exerting the operatives shields and knocking them off their feet. Downed Tenno operative sustains a multitude of Gorgon Rifle wounds. Tenno operatives [Name Withheld] and [Name Withheld] were able to pull the downed operative out of the line of fire with the fourth squad member dispatched the heavy gunner. The mission was a costly success. Finally Battle Log id# 286772 Recent, Tenno Operative [Name Withheld] Misjudges release height of Castanas, weapon detonated on guard railing in close proximity to the user. The shock proved fatal. Mission failed, high value Orokin reactor core destroyed by enemy forces.

These unfortunate experiences could have been prevented through further practice. Most sadly of all I must report that even my aim feels unsteady after my extended stay within Cryostasis, while many of our combat faculties have remained sharp, accuracy seems to be our weakness. Many operatives have exclaimed difficulty with the rank eight test, I must admit I did not pass it on my first attempt....or second...or third...The obstacle course proved helpful, however the wall running section was short and did not allow for live fire as was required in the test. I must admit I had no adequate place to practice this readily available to me. Thus I request that a live fire permitted target practice room be made available to the Dojo. (We are already permitted to carry weapons inside the Dojo, shouldn't be too hard to have it work like the obstacle courses phasing and be able to draw weapons when inside there.) This room could, and should have, a wall running and shooting section, a distance firing section, with several distances, some targets moving, some stationary. Lastly a zip line with variously distanced targets. These targets in all Firing range exercises should work like the Orbs in test 11, or be holograms of enemies so that we can perfect the valued head-shot. I do believe many operatives would benefit from the chance to hone their skills in such a location. My initial estimates suggest that this would reduce combat mishaps by roughly 12% and would reduce average ammo expenditure by 30% I thank you for your time in reading my message, and hold hope that you will honor my request on behalf of Tenno everywhere. Veteran or Rookie, I still believe that we could all benefit from further practice. With the scale of the challenge placed before us, we cannot afford to make mistakes. I pray that you will consider my council, and honor my humble request.

Your disciple and servant: Operative Jarcu

Edited by Jarcu

DPS dummies please, not firing range

And make it able to simulate real opponents. e.g. after codex scanning fully (or up to certain level), say an Infested Ancient, we will be able to make the dummy simulate the stats of an Infested Ancient (of a certain level), and perform ... experiments on it.

Edit: and allow in-level changing of both equipped weapons as well as mods on weapons. Would be silly to log out of the level to change one mod then log in again just to test the new config on the same enemy, only to have forgotten the experimental results of the first time...

Edited by smithf

I must admit I do also like the idea of adding DPS dummies to this area. It could be beneficial, although I find live targets make decent examples of what a weapon is capable of doing. However as a player of other games which have had these as well I must admit that they do have their place, but I think for us to get a room with DPS dummies it's going to need to function as more than an empty room with 3 stationary holograms........Although....That's pretty much what the Oracle room is.

Edited by Jarcu

OP, PLEASE USE THE ENTER KEY NEXT TIME...Need some spaces between that wall.

But yeah some sort of shooting range would be cool to have in the dojo and definitely improve accuracy somewhat.

Also, a "DPS" room sounds very interesting and beneficial too. I would love to see both of these added to the dojo.