Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Uploaded In Update?

(PSN)Kamranos

I am sure I'm not the only one here that finds this to be the worst possible way to offer this pay service. I understand it is a cosmetic item, so I'm not arguing that you should have to pay platinum for it. My issue is with the method in which these services are delivered. I know you can blame Sony or whoever you want. But the real fact is, if Sony required "approval" of a 128x128 image, players would not be able to stream live photos from flicker, upload their own photos off their hard drive and be seen instantly on other free to play games such as PS Home where other players may view them without restriction. There is even the Army of Two: 40th day example where players could create their own mask design on a website and have it instantly uploaded to be viewed by the adoring masses. So my question, where is the real logic behind a 150 non-refundable platinum investment not being available within 10 days let alone months? Before you trolls start in on the "its a FTP", remember this topic is in regards to the pay service. Would you pay $9.99 for an album off of itunes only to be told, "you will receive it in the next apple update" and then not throw a fit? No, and going by the platinum prices, that is the equivalent.

Solution, make a patch with the sole purpose of updating the emblem upload system. This is would give the ability to upload images without the need to piggyback them on a game update. That would mean no more clan emblems piling up waiting for an update. If, and that's a BIG if, they need to actually be approved before uploading my Sony, then at least you could effectively have a weekly or bi-weekly clan emblem update which would be leaps and bounds better than what you currently have in place.

This isn't really a Sony issue. This is just how Warframe works. It works a lot better on PC because they get their updates often enough that it's not as bad. But they have to wait for their emblems to appear through hotfixes or updates too. It's just ironically the reason why we take longer to get ours is because of the certification process. Just irony pretty much.

There is also no mention of including transparency on submission instructions, and no mention that if you include text it will be backwards on some banners because the image is mirrored. Both of those are "mistakes" that could cause someone to spend more platinum on a newer emblem, once they see things in game.

Or those white backgrounds that can cause a bloom effect and make it look like you have a flashlight on your shoulder. lol Yeah these are all things that should be clarified and explained by DE themselves. Instead, we have to go to the wiki site for an explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't see how there is a "certification" needed though. There are several examples of other games, both pay and free-to-play that allow you to instantly upload your own user generated content to be seen by every other player without paying extra or needing "certification". I would understand if it was something other games required, but it isn't. I don't mind paying for cosmetic items, just the delivery seems a little odd.