Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Quantum, The Gatemaster

FoxFX

Codex: Lost within the chambers of the Void, Quantum awakens with the power of teleportation. Could this warframe be the very key that created the rifts tot he Void?

Quantum is a teleportation themed warframe that has the ability to move himself, objects, and enemies from one place to another delivering great combat control. The body of the warframe is unable to handle the energy of teleportation due to absorbing the energy of the Void itself. On the upside, his abilities bring devastating results.

Health: 100 (Rank 30: 300)

Shield: 100 (Rank 30: 300)

Armor: 10

Power: 200 (Rank 30: 300)

Stamina: 80

Speed: 1.15

Abilities

Ability Name: Beam Tag

Energy Cost: 15

Equip Cost: 0/1/2/3

Description: Aim and activate the skill to attach a tag to an enemy or area on the field. Press the skill again to instantly teleport to that location within a range of 50 m. The speed in which you arrive at the designated place will create a shockwave that inflicts 200/300/400/500 Blast damage within a 6/8/10/12 m radius. Enemeis hit with the shockwave will stumble as the skill has a 100% chance to inflict Blast status effect. Can be used in mid-air and while in a knockdown state. This skill is perfect for disrupting enemy formation and escaping heavy enemy fire. Affected with Strength, and Range Mods. The range at which you can teleport cannot change. [Moving more than 50 m from the tag removes the tag]

[Added a possible replacing 1st skill]

Ability Name: Portal Blaster

Energy Cost: 30

Equip Cost: 0/1/2/3

Description: Bring a sample of the Void's Power. Quantum extends his hands and opens a portal firing concentrated energy for the Void in the form of a laser. The laser covers an area of 1.5/2/2.5/3 m radius traveling a distance of 7/8/9/10 m delivering 300/400/500/600 Radiation Damage. This skill is affected by Range and Power Strength Mods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability Name: Status Transpose

Energy Cost: 50

Equip Cost: 4/5/6/7

Description: Your enemies will regret making you and your allies suffer status ailments, Tenno. With this skill, any status ailment you and your fellow Tenno currently have on will be negated and will instead be transferred back to surrounding enemies instead with an increase duration period. Successfully inflicting a status effect will stun them for 1 second. Transpose effect to enemies and allies within 15/20/22/25 meters with an added ticks of 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 for 8/12/15/18 seconds to enemies. Affected by Range and Duration Mods.

[Added a possible replacement to this skill]

Ability Name: Group Transposition

Energy Cost: 50

Equip Cost: 4/5/6/7

Description: Get your team to safety as you can teleport allies with you! Activate the skill first to create a tag. Activate the skill again [which cost no energy this time] to create a portal on the ground from where you are standing within a range of 6/9/12/15 m to the tag's location within a range of 40 m max. Useful for getting your teammates out of danger and the skill lasts for 15/20/25/30 seconds. Downed allies are able to use the teleport. Affected by Range and Duration Mods, but cannot change the max distance you can teleport you and your allies. [Moving more than 40 m from the tag removes the tag]. Press "X" to teleport to the tag.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability Name: Enemy Warp

Energy Cost: 75

Equip Cost: 6/7/8/9

Description: Your enemy is your best weapon, Tenno. Suck an enemy that is 30 m away into a portal behind them and store them in your own dimension which instantly decomposes them for a duration of 15/20/25/30 seconds. Activate the skill again [which cost no energy this time] to shoot their remains for devastating damage within a radius of 6/8/10/12 m within a 30 m distance. According to what you have sucked into your dimension, the damage differs:

Flesh Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Flesh as Viral Damage

Fertile/Alloy Armored Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Fertile/Alloy as Corrosive Damage

Machinery/Robotic Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Machinery/Robotic as Electric Damage

Shield/Proto Shield: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Shield/Proto Shields as Magnetic Damage

Infested/Fossilized/Sinew Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Infested/Fossilized/Sinew as Gas Damage

[This takes the total enemy stat and not the current enemy stat of the attack. Shooting an enemy will do multiple damage types based on the total stats of the enemy. For instance of a maxed Enemy War sucking in a Railgun MOA with stats of 150 Shield and 60 Robotic. Shooting the Railgun MOA will result in a damage of  750 Magnetic {500% of 150 Shield} and 300 Electric {500% of 60 Robotic}]

You can also suck in an Explosive Barrel which can be fired for 600 Blast Damage. This ability is affected by Strength, Duration, and Range Mods. Power Strength mods do not affect the damage done by shooting enemeies (only by shooting explosive barrels). The range which you can suck in and fire cannot be adjusted. You cannot suck in bosses. If you do not fire the sucked in object within the duration, the enemy/object dies and you cannot fire again until you suck in another enemy/object

Ability Name: Comet

Energy Cost: 150

Equip Cost: 10/11/12/13

Description: Unleash the fury of the Void, Tenno. Quantum raises his hands to the sky creating a huge portal that brings forth a comet from space to crash into enemies. The comet falls 15 m from Quantum and devastates the field with 1000/1500/2000/2500 Radiation damage in a radius of 15/18/22/25 m. The comet will knockdown all enemies within the blast. This skill is affected by Strength and Range Mods. You cannot adjust the falling distance of the comet.

[Added possible replacements for Comet]

Ability Name: Global Rift

Energy Cost: 100

Description: Unleash the fury of the Void, Tenno. Activate the skill to shot a globe of energy and activate it again to keep it stationary [without any energy cost]. Once the energy ball has stopped, another energy ball with a darker hole on it is instantly created and both balls remain for a duration of 8/10/12/15 seconds. During that time, any gunfire shot into the energy ball with the hole will attack surrounding enemies of the first energy ball in a kill zone of 5/7/8/10 m. Multiple Global Rifts cannot be created. You can shoot the first ball within a range of 50m [This cannot be adjusted]. Duration and Range mods affect this skill. Shots fired out of the Global Rift deals 50% damage as Radiation [This cannot be affected by Power Strength Mods].

Ability Name: Banishment tot he Void

Description: Send you enemies to another dimension, Tenno. Quantum fires a portal 15 m from him that slowly sucks in enemies 7/8/910 m from it. Quantum can keep the portal open for 6/8/10/12 seconds. He cannot move while the portal is up, but he is free to cancel it by pressing the skill again [does not require any energy cost to cancel it]. Enemies sucked in will automatically die, but you receive no affinity nor any drops from enemies banished. Cannot suck in bosses. This skill is affected by Duration and Range Mods, but the distance you throw the portal cannot change.

Think with portals, Tenno.

[Added my own concept art for this Warframe, but I'm practically horrid at this.]

OXjjVLP.jpg

Edited by FoxFX

I really like this idea. the instant teleport to get out of a dangerous area while knocked down, even. and status transpose, very cool. however, I don't think some of these skills should be affected by power strength, and the ult probably has to be toned down (100 energy for an ult is pretty standard). also, most frames have at least 15 armor, so that's the standard low-end, I believe. and his base energy shouldn't be 200, either. 

I think the extra time from status transpose should be extra ticks, instead. and probably not affected by duration unless you really decrease the bonuses (+25 seconds is a lot of extra damage, and adding duration mods could get that well over 50 seconds extra). but I really like the idea that you can use detrimental status effects to your advantage. 

the ult should probably have a decreased radius, as well. 35m is massive, and with range mods it would be way too OP

enemy warp is also a really cool idea, making enemies into projectiles that deal super-effective damage to the body type they used to be. but if you have to cast and recast that, that's a total of 150 energy. I think the second hit on that skill should be free, and you have to mind the countdown timer. what if enemies have flesh and shields, or armor and flesh? would you do multiple damage types? and would it be based off of their total health/shields, or of off how much they had left when you warped them?

and I can imagine arriving at your beam tag's teleport destination in the jump attack stance, sending out that shockwave. versus arriving in the position you were in. so you can instantly get out of the knocked-down state

so yeah, just a couple things need some adjusting, but I really dig this idea. it's different, and I could see myself loving it

I really like this idea. the instant teleport to get out of a dangerous area while knocked down, even. and status transpose, very cool. however, I don't think some of these skills should be affected by power strength, and the ult probably has to be toned down (100 energy for an ult is pretty standard). also, most frames have at least 15 armor, so that's the standard low-end, I believe. and his base energy shouldn't be 200, either. 

I think the extra time from status transpose should be extra ticks, instead. and probably not affected by duration unless you really decrease the bonuses (+25 seconds is a lot of extra damage, and adding duration mods could get that well over 50 seconds extra). but I really like the idea that you can use detrimental status effects to your advantage. 

the ult should probably have a decreased radius, as well. 35m is massive, and with range mods it would be way too OP

enemy warp is also a really cool idea, making enemies into projectiles that deal super-effective damage to the body type they used to be. but if you have to cast and recast that, that's a total of 150 energy. I think the second hit on that skill should be free, and you have to mind the countdown timer. what if enemies have flesh and shields, or armor and flesh? would you do multiple damage types? and would it be based off of their total health/shields, or of off how much they had left when you warped them?

and I can imagine arriving at your beam tag's teleport destination in the jump attack stance, sending out that shockwave. versus arriving in the position you were in. so you can instantly get out of the knocked-down state

so yeah, just a couple things need some adjusting, but I really dig this idea. it's different, and I could see myself loving it

I made some adjustments to the skill set. The reason why I had Quantum to have 200 base Power and the extremely low armor was to exemplify Quantum's lore that states that he absorbed energy from the Void which gave him his teleportation powers, but at the cost of burdening his body with he upside of having the highest base Energy Cost (which is also the reason for the 200 Energy cost ultimate and why i initially wanted some energy cost for shooting with Enemy Warp).

I also added in an explanation as to how Enemy Warp's damage is calculated.

The main goal was for me to create a warframe that can be useful even for higher level content by using stronger enemies' own strength against them (such is the reason for Enemy Warp and Status Transpose).

Please continue to comment and give feedback.

Edited by FoxFX

Description: Unleash the fury of the Void, Tenno. Quantum raises his hands to the sky creating a huge portal that brings forth a comet from space to crash into enemies. The comet falls 15 m from Quantum and devastates the field with 1000/1500/2000/2500 Radiation damage in a radius of 15/18/22/25 m. The comet will knockdown all enemies within the blast. This skill is affected by Strength and Range Mods. You cannot adjust the falling distance of the comet.

Jesus. That radiation number

Jesus. That radiation number

Do you want it lower? I tried balancing out the damage by increasing the Energy Cost.

Added the Rank 30 Stats of Quantum

Edited by FoxFX

The third skill is unique and I like that. But if it is effected by power strength mods then it is too powerful.

The first skill is essentially switch teleport with a bang though. I understand the want for mobility, but your taking switch teleport, adding a bang, and making it cheaper. I've always wanted a frame that could "possess", so the target enemy is possessed and can be controlled, but when the duration is up or the power is used again, the warframe pops out at that location with an explosion. Achieves the same as your idea in a different way, but might not fit the theme.

The status removal power is honestly bad. Status does not last long and does relatively little. Also, if you have a healing or defensive frame on your team the power would lose its potency.

Perhaps along similar lines you could have a "quantum shield". Similar to the old iron skin, you take no damage for the duration of quantum shield. But, if you get procced by an enemy, the shield explodes in relation to the proc, dealing damage with 100% proc chance in the radius. So, achieves the same end as you wanted, but in an aoe fashion aswell as set and forget.

The ult is too classicly nukey for my tatastes. I'd like to suggest something different. You state that he has a connection to the void or whatever and opens a portal into the void with his 3. How about he creates a large portal on a given surface instead.

So, at the target location, a 15m radius portal is created. This will cover the target surface, meaning it can be placed on floors, ceilings, walls and the like. The portal lasts for a duration and enemies that enter the portal are thrown into the void and ripped a part for moderate damage (1000?). Any enemy that survives is expelled from the portal when the duration is up. Multiple portals can be placed at once. So this wouldn't be a classic "press 4 to win" button, could promote synergy with other frames, works with the frame theme, works with your idea of a high base energy frame and could be great CC giving it late game utility.

Sorry if it doesn't fit the theme. I like the idea and the third skill though.

The third skill is unique and I like that. But if it is effected by power strength mods then it is too powerful.

The first skill is essentially switch teleport with a bang though. I understand the want for mobility, but your taking switch teleport, adding a bang, and making it cheaper. I've always wanted a frame that could "possess", so the target enemy is possessed and can be controlled, but when the duration is up or the power is used again, the warframe pops out at that location with an explosion. Achieves the same as your idea in a different way, but might not fit the theme.

The status removal power is honestly bad. Status does not last long and does relatively little. Also, if you have a healing or defensive frame on your team the power would lose its potency.

Perhaps along similar lines you could have a "quantum shield". Similar to the old iron skin, you take no damage for the duration of quantum shield. But, if you get procced by an enemy, the shield explodes in relation to the proc, dealing damage with 100% proc chance in the radius. So, achieves the same end as you wanted, but in an aoe fashion aswell as set and forget.

The ult is too classicly nukey for my tatastes. I'd like to suggest something different. You state that he has a connection to the void or whatever and opens a portal into the void with his 3. How about he creates a large portal on a given surface instead.

So, at the target location, a 15m radius portal is created. This will cover the target surface, meaning it can be placed on floors, ceilings, walls and the like. The portal lasts for a duration and enemies that enter the portal are thrown into the void and ripped a part for moderate damage (1000?). Any enemy that survives is expelled from the portal when the duration is up. Multiple portals can be placed at once. So this wouldn't be a classic "press 4 to win" button, could promote synergy with other frames, works with the frame theme, works with your idea of a high base energy frame and could be great CC giving it late game utility.

Sorry if it doesn't fit the theme. I like the idea and the third skill though.

Added a second replacement for the 2nd and 4th skill.

this frame's a little OP so much energy...........

I only made it a high Energy due to how high some of his skills cost and I offset its high Energy with lower Health and Armor, but whatever I'll change that too if you are concerned about it.

Edited by FoxFX

Maybe you should add this into the group transporation : "your allies have to accept first and they should know where they will be teleported to. Game will be frozen and chat enabled"

I changed Group Transposition to allow others to choose if they want to teleport by pressing X on the portal on the floor. Would that suffice?

Bumping: I would like some input on the replaceable skills at least. The main goal of this was to at least make a doable and legit warframe that DE could create and that is balanced enough tot he point of even being usable in higher leveled enemies.