Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Outcast Veterans

tveeggad

I am not in this clan any more. See about contacting some other member if interest arises.

There are many like me and my friends out there. We have remained enthusiastic since the dawn of our era, thousands of hours in the field, continuously expanding our experience and arsenal, perfecting our methods and strategies.. Well, at least I take it THAT seriously.. 

But with this comes a catch. We start to see deficiency and feel dissatisfaction in the methods of our fellow Tenno. I am indeed speaking of the famous "griefers", if I may use that term, namely rushers, AFKers and hallway heroes. They who neglect their responsibility and role in a successfull mission in a bloody co-op game, those that leave their responsibility to us, stalling our personal progress. And I dare say we have all more than once kindly informed them how we can make the moment more pleasant for all of us. And I dare say most of us have been met by a response similar to "omg shut up and learn to play noob", or if it's an AFKer, no response at all.

Due to the popular opinion "Warframe is all about grinding and RNG", I see more and more experienced players, veterans, leaving. Players who can't have spent so much time and effort into Warframe if they did not enjoy it. Players who could have been a valuable teammate to us, yet further discouraged by egocentric individuals.

I see what players feel with the current situation with RNG and griefers. RNG is out of our reach, and the griefers are countless. This can make long-time players like me and my friends feel like outcasts, as well as it can disorientate newcomers when the problems outshines the joy.

This is where I hope to be able to help.

This gave birth to an idea. An idea of people like us united. An idea of the will to carry out our mission as intended in a cooperative game. An idea of long-time enthusiasts as well as newcomers together shaping a productive, cooperative and mature community far away from the troubles of our own. An idea of a sanctuary, perfect to the ones like us.
An idea of a clan.

There are many like me and my friends out there, are you one of them?

84ec6b912824d434c8ffaab0eac2d7df-d78b5ni

"Wait.. What was the clan all about again? tl;dr please"

Don't like to read, huh? It's okay. I'll explain it in a simple way.

Do you like to play cooperative games, rather than getting left behind by rushers, losing affinity and resources from hallway heroes, and getting slowed down by afkers? If you say yes, then this clan contains people who think like you! If no, reconsider your strategies.

Cooperative games often come with strategies and plans, as well as performing jobs as efficiently as possible. I like to refer the the term Organised Games! What's that, you say? Well, you talk to your squad members about how to play the mission. It could be things that might seem obvious to others, such as "Don't use life support until it's at 30%!", or "Stay close to the cryopod/terminal!". These are no concrete rules for the clan, but it's up to you and your squad members to make these agreements if you deem it necessary as you proceed to the mission.

Tiny progress updates! (I will update these frequently, this is your main source of information on us so far.)

(28/02/2014, 15:24 UTC+1) - Please note, The Outcast Veterans are (so far) only a project. I have decided to keep things at a small scale to be able to keep a steady eye on how this will work out. Recruiting is available, but very selective. That is due to being able to maintain the original concept of the clan itself.

(28/02/2014, 16:37 UTC+1) - I forgot to mention what se05239 added below, that we have all research labs finished, and we always try to keep the researching as streamlined as possible, which means run to the computer and start slapping all our available resources on the lab panel as soon as any new clan-tech gear is released. To this date, everything is ready to replicate, with the exception of Volt and Banshee. The Marelok is being researched.

(28/02/2014, 16:49 UTC+1) I might also mention that the pretty emblem further up on this page is in fact going to represent this clan, in case someone didn't figure. It is awaiting approval as I write, and it's going to be awesome. It'll be implemented Soon™.

(28/02/2014, 17:21 UTC+1) I added this spoiler feature for each distinct section of this topic. No more miles of relentless text! Yay!

(03/03/2014, 16:12 UTC+1) Alright, screw it. I wanna get this thing rolling now. Recruitment is open! Just contact me and I'll respond quickly.

(09/04/2014, 00:37 UTC+1) So, it appears our dojo was bugged for some unexplanable reason, so we actually had an actual dev come to our place, then he nuked the entire thing and it is currently at a standard format, featuring only a Clan Hall. We are working hard on getting it re-built in time for the Solar Rails and all that U13 brings. Recruiting is still open! GET IN HERE!

(29/04/2014, 23:26 UTC+1) So, I made a map thing of our dojo layout and stuff. I think it looks quite nice. Might also be relevant to anyone's interests if they were to join. I put it somewhere around here.

(22/08/2014, 13:06 UTC+1) Hell, we're 8 members now. Might need to upgrade clan size... Maybe. Anyway, 2 slots are free. Recruiting is still open.

Recruiting is OPEN! Send me a private message if you think you would like joining us.
Feel free to present yourself! We wish to maintain a mature, positive attitude and I would very much like to get to know each and every member applying to support this.

Edited by Misanthroplonker

I'd love to join. Are you recruiting players from other countries, namely America?

Of course we are. Nationality does not matter, but time zones is the real issue. Consider that your 6pm is our 12am, even 2am here in Europe.

Latency and regions may also be a factor. Joining a game when a host is on the other side of earth might cause problems.

Other than that, we are currently taking it very easy on recruiting, but I will contact you when the time has come!

This seems like an interesting but inevitable concept. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Yes, hence why I referred to it as a project rather than an official clan.. So far. I will need to get a view on how many that would be interested first, then it might actually work.

Thank you kindly, same to you!

Just to clarify - My Rank has that name because i don't play as frequently as these other 2 fine gentlemen leading this Clan / Project. 

Also because if i play, I still like to annoy them a bit on a friendly basis. You know, Valkyr-Hooking because i am terribly afraid of them leaving me.

Just to clarify - My Rank has that name because i don't play as frequently as these other 2 fine gentlemen leading this Clan / Project. 

Also because if i play, I still like to annoy them a bit on a friendly basis. You know, Valkyr-Hooking because i am terribly afraid of them leaving me.

He also makes a great example of what kind of behaviour we don't want... Actually, now that I think of it. New purpose to this rank. This man will now truly serve the role of the Prince of madness. A counter-griefer, of sorts. You become a nuisance - Mentle will hunt you down.

Edited by ConcretePie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...