Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrificial Molt

Ishki88

All Saryn players.  We gather here to pay homage to our Molt.  For we forget how it sacrifices it's life for our safety and livelihood.  Molt is not spreading her arms in happiness.  She is spreading her arms in despair.  For she is attracting all that is evil and soon will meet her death just for our safety.

Please pay homage to your Sacrificial Molt.  Always remember when you cast Molt, she has feels too.

WWJD?

WWMD?

WmmnsLf.jpg

Ya, actually... Its a pretty good escape mechanism as it draws a lot of fire

I love that it can be used on the move without slowing you down; that's a big part of it, even if it doesn't always last long.

I made a for the lolz setup with Ghost sentinel, a friend on Loki with Radial Disarm, and full +power strength, and then went up against Corpus.

Molt's explosion on death does Toxin damage, which ignores shields... So that was a lot of fun.

Martyr Molt FTW!

Edit: I intentionally got Moult killed over and over again. Is that like breaking mirrors, do I now have to feel guilty x 243?

Edited by Darzk

All Saryn players.  We gather here to pay homage to our Molt.  For we forget how it sacrifices it's life for our safety and livelihood.  Molt is not spreading her arms in happiness.  She is spreading her arms in despair.  For she is attracting all that is evil and soon will meet her death just for our safety.

Please pay homage to your Sacrificial Molt.  Always remember when you cast Molt, she has feels too.

WWJD?

WWMD?

WmmnsLf.jpg

Her death will never be in vain....

because another one will always be right around the corner™

Wait.....people use molt?

No kidding.

It's very effective against infested.

Her death will never be in vain....

because another one will always be right around the corner™

No kidding.

It's very effective against infested.

And the one "around the corner's" life will never be in vain because the cycle will continue yes?  So basically you agree with "infinite" sacrifice for the protection of a goal or object.  You treat your Molts as toy soldiers, as if they do not have life.  For shame Saryn.

Warframe is helping me understand society.

WWMD-2014

Ya, actually... Its a pretty good escape mechanism as it draws a lot of fire

I thought it did, and then I tried paying attention, and noticed DE didn't make it pull Aggro, so unless you have Shade or Djinn, they will keep shooting you. Molt is actually pretty terrible right now, even with the added "self detonation" thing, which has an incredibly small AoE, since enemies hardly shoot at your Molt anyway.

@ Sixty5

you described Molt exactly as how I thought it worked, but me and my friend who Mains Saryn, have discovered it does not pull Aggro as it should (any Aggro it pulls, is a very small radius, like, I don't think it's bigger then 3 meters at max level). As such, IMO it can only be effectively used against melee enemies that walk right up to it, and mainly the infested for that matter. should you decide to hind behind Molt, it is essentially Loki's Decoy, with a very small AoE. Almost useless against Corpus or Grineer unless you are using Shade or make the mistake of fighting in the fray with low shields when you need to run away.

TLDR for everyone else, Molt needs to be reworked. currently, it's not so awesome. (@ DE, a good start would be making Molt also cloak you briefly, so that Saryn can use Contagion effectively, and Power Duration Builds would serve a purpose on her....and while were at it, could you switch the names "contagion" and "Venom" around so that they make sense....and make her "1" skill, be a Cone AoE instead of a single target?.....just sayin)

Edited by Temphis

Ok first of all, molt ACTUALLY does draw aggro.

However, they'll redirect their attention to you if you either:

• Do enough damage
  • Get close enough

Try placing a molt in a corner in survival, and stay out of sight/enemy paths. They'll go for the molt, unless the above is satisfied.

Although a brief cloak on molt would be great, I'd say.

Many other adjustments are needed for saryn's powers (cough contagion), but for now it's not such a high priority, IMO.

Your other option is to just.....hide in molt.

Doesn't work well with AoE attacks but.....

Edited by Syzodia

I thought it was common knowledge Molt was buffed to draw (more) aggro?

Honestly, I made this topic because the Grineer that teleports you.....well.....teleported me PRECISELY when I used molt in the air.  Which lead to that epic Molt pose lol