The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is every spaceship made with same design?

Noja87

I have spent 6 hours in the game and completed missions in different sectors and it has been nothing but spaceships that looks the same over and over. Are this the only type of maps in the game? I look at all these planets and keep expecting to land on them for ground missions with different type of enviroments like ice caves, deserts but nothing so far.

We will be adding new enviroments to the game. What is in now is just the tip of the iceberg.

Good to know it's planned!

You could make anything Proceduraly generated. You just have to think about it. Have a happy little list! Woooo!

Caves/Mines - Can be generated in a room by room basis, can have some that lead to dead ends and some that don't. With mineshafts and elevators there's no reason why they can't.

Biodomes- Esentially a city setting on other planets. Can have it made on a tile basis like the spaceships, just have blockages in the roads, essentially make some methods of travle unpassable for some reason or another. Get inventive. Have Lazer tripwire walls or somthing that you can't deactivate.

Jungles/Forests- This is still possible, the tiles will just have to be larger to accomodate the outdoorsy areas and still give it a "I'm outside and not in a leafy spaceship" feel.

Plains/Wide Open Outdoors- Less likely but still possible. They would have to impede the players visual LOS and movement ro prevent wandering into tiles that arent ment to be encountered yet. OR opperate it like the Biodome and just have one massive open space that has to be transversed. Tenno space bikes would be radical, So vehicle combat could become a possibility then.

Desert- See above! ^^^ Vibration sensitive sandworms would be fun here.

Snow/Tundra- A mix of all of the above essentially. Just changing the scenery... everything white and grey and not green/lush.

Low orbit Space- Would be awesome to have several large battleships orbiting along a planet and small tenno ships between them. So it becomes a fight In space on top of the ships. Having small enemy fighters attack and all. This is more like the open space one but the majority of open space tiles are... space... They could get crazy with the enviornment and have a space battle going on in the background and all.

On Top of water Battleships- Same as space just instead of the empty tiles being space they're water. Biggest issue is preventing players from killing things that can't get to them.

Just a few ideas. for some reason i feel like I missed a few. Let me know if you have a question about an area in particular and i'll do my best to BS some imaginative reasons to make it work. It's all in HOW the level is designed. Not what it's designed about. Some logical limitations of course, but it's the price to pay for varity.

Thank you Noja87,

I came in here with the intention of making a forum post of how extremely repetitive the game has been, in perticular the level desing. It is extremly important to add variation, because as much fun and challenging the game play is you will get bored. Adding the sense of a grind fest with out the feeling of a rewarding progression. As WarFrame stands now, the game can be compared to Black Light Retrubution. What i mean by that is that Black light is an extremely well made game, with solid game play. However with its bland color pallete of greys for close to every level, the player gets fatigued and looses interest. Right now the same can be said for WarFrame, the game lacks a visual stimulation that adds that "wow" factor. In my opinion WarFrame is unable to hook players with a: " cant wait to get to next zone to to see what new progression awaits me." At the same time I undestand that this is the tone the developent may be going for. Being a beta tester I am just trying to give my feedback to help the game become the best it can be. Going back to xDaitenshi, i believe he has hit the nail on the head with his variations, keeping players engaged.

Edited by Mimix

I have spent 6 hours in the game and completed missions in different sectors and it has been nothing but spaceships that looks the same over and over. Are this the only type of maps in the game? I look at all these planets and keep expecting to land on them for ground missions with different type of enviroments like ice caves, deserts but nothing so far.

Ye, same feeling, only repetitive ships. Many other settings its a must.

I'd love to see a desert or snowy map where you have a counter on the screen, showing when the next storm is coming. In the sand/snowstorm have you reduced sight and no shields.

Spaceships/stations could use a few more "rooms" like one where you get out on the hull, low grav, shields getting weaker(no hp dmg) and enemies in spacesuits.

Something like this would be nice, but I'm sure the devs are already working on something.

Interesting... i can't really see humans mutating to that much, but heck it is a pretty different idea to make new aliens.

The Grineer are something like the Asgard from Stargate, their bodies have degenerated overtime due to excessive cloning.

Also, I apologize for going off-topic.

Edited by Maratropa

I have the same feeling, I've spend 8 hours playing, and I must say the game is amazing, but seriously I'm sick of that one map already.... :/

I'm in the design council, and I can tell you, they already have something planned, how soon we're gonna get it, I'm not sure.

But if it inspires any confidence, they are developing new envirnoments as we speak.