Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physical Damage Mods

DangerDaddy

As it stands, physical damage mods, as they currently stand are useless, and a waste of space. 5% per level, don't interact with serration, don't work with the total base damage but only the 1 damage type; they are the worst kind of damage mods in the game. Basically, they need to be cleaned ASAP to make them actually worth anything.

But that aside, the point of the mods I'm creating is not to directly buff damage, it's to make weapons more specialized.

So here's the structure of the mods I'm hoping are implemented:

Weapon -- -- Impact --  -- Puncture -- -- Slash --  -- Type
Melee
--     -- Thick --       -- Steel --      -- Sharp --   -- Blade
Pistol --    -- Hammer --     -- Steel --     -- Hollow --   -- Rounds

Rifle --      -- Hammer --    -- Steel --      -- Hollow --   -- Point/Tip
Shotgun -- -- Large --      -- Steel --      -- Sharp --    -- Pellets

The mods will increase one physical damage type, and decrease the other two accordingly.

The original concept was a typical corrupted mod (-5% impact, -5% puncture, + 10% slash) that would make the gun more powerful against a faction, while not a direct buff. the reason it doesn't work in the spoiler.

The logic being that you could add damage to your weapons that is more faction based, making them more powerful against some factions. The issue with it is that some weapons have no puncture, or impact, meaning negative numbers. As this is something that can't be done, I've decided to change it up.

Example: Tetra base (6 impact + 24 puncture), when using the mod for increased puncture damage, would have -5% impact, and -5% slash. but as there is no slash damage, the weapon would either have negative slash, or the gun would have no downside. This same theory holds for the Synapse, it has 0 impact/puncture/slash, so 10% increase in slash would be 1.2 slash, and negatives on both impact and puncture.

Seeing that issue, I had to adopt a new strategy to implement the mods, and so I thought (transfer 10% impact and 10% puncture into slash). This works as it'll add the physical damage you wish, but won't go into negatives.

How it would look on the card itself:

Hollow Rounds
Rare

Rifle mod
V polarity

2 cost lowest - 6 cost highest

Transfer 5% impact and 5% puncture damage to slash.

With the way the mod would work, you wouldn't receive a direct damage increase, but you'd receive a bonus against enemies that are weak to the damage type.

comments, opinions, and suggestions are nice to hear.

This will help a lot of new players.

and it'll be extremely useful late game. ODD wave 100 is hell, but if you have a weapon with a ton of slash damage, then you're going to have a much easier time.

interesting ideas

IMHO the physical dmg type mods need either some added flat dmg 5 per rank or whatever, or 10-15% per rank, or 10-15% status per rank

or some combination of the above

Maybe not flat damage, it'd make some weapons (i.e. soma/grakata/vipers) just far to strong, while having almost no effect on other (i.e. lex/ogris/lanka) that's why % are the best way to go.

Changing the physical damage mods to 15% post serration would make them the same quality as the elemental mods is the best option in my opinion.