Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Those Who Complain About 50Ish Invasion Runs For Brakk

Comrade

Implying the invasions are hard.

Implying that 50 is the set rate of unlock.

Implying it matters at all as the reward was not promised to be exclusive.

Your reward for 100 runs was getting it earlier than anyone else. Months later, they have a shot at it, end of story. 

The difference between before and now is that, now you don't have to keep running the same mission over and over. It was just extremely tedious to do nothing else but invasion missions for the event. There was no varity. You log on after work and just grind away to complete the event for a week.

At least now, like someone else said, you get that mark and get to do something else.

I think the most ironic thing about all of this is once you get THE BRAKK.....  '\(*_* )/' you will play with it for awhile, possibly even level it to the 30 and then most likely NEVER USE THE WEAPON AGAIN... Once it received the mighty nerf, I almost NEVER used the gun again (maybe twice)...and you guys start nerfed with no catalyst....wowsers...seriously you are setting yourself up for disappointment.... it's good at close range...more or less...let them get mid/long range and your better off throwing your sentinel at the target.....AND melee  2.0 will be out  soon and then there won't be a reason to use this weapon so many are raging over ...(I look forward to the sibling thread of " I ground and whined for this?!?" I plan on quoting myself and others from this thread everywhere...)  just enjoy the game and it will hurt a lot less when you realize your being a bit...unreasonable. ALSO STOP GRINDING FOR IT AND PLAY THE FRICKin GAME IT WILL COME FASTER. It was not designed for you to be able to farm or grind for it is supposed to be something you get eventually...Random Number Generation.....

STOP GRINDING FOR IT AND PLAY THE FRICKin GAME IT WILL COME FASTER. It was not designed for you to be able to farm or grind for it is supposed to be something you get eventually...Random Number Generation.....

No it won't, and no it isn't.

When the people specifically going out of their way to farm something can't get it because there's layer after layer of RNG keeping them from it, then Casual Steve and Puggy McJoe aren't ever going to have a chance.

When the people specifically going out of their way to farm something can't get it because there's layer after layer of RNG keeping them from it, then Casual Steve and Puggy McJoe aren't ever going to have a chance.

Verily I say unto thee "Your suffering will be by your own device in scope and severity... I look forward to gleaning sustenance from your tears. I tried to warn you but you refused to see the light. Welcome to RNG hell. Wipe your feet at the door."

I was waiting till I did 50 missions before i said something and now here I am: I haven't even seen them spawn yet. And I already have the Brakk from the event, I just want to scan them!

I've been thinking of a solution to the supposedly completely random spawn rates: why not have the chance increase slightly every grineer mission you do? I know it may sound like "I just want it NOWWWWSFSFSFSF!!!!" but doesn't it make sense that they would kinda hone in on your location the more you encountered the greineer? Just sayin.

Edited by MrrBond

I think the most ironic thing about all of this is once you get THE BRAKK.....  '\(*_* )/' you will play with it for awhile, possibly even level it to the 30 and then most likely NEVER USE THE WEAPON AGAIN... Once it received the mighty nerf, I almost NEVER used the gun again (maybe twice)...and you guys start nerfed with no catalyst....wowsers...seriously you are setting yourself up for disappointment.... it's good at close range...more or less...let them get mid/long range and your better off throwing your sentinel at the target.....AND melee  2.0 will be out  soon and then there won't be a reason to use this weapon so many are raging over ...(I look forward to the sibling thread of " I ground and whined for this?!?" I plan on quoting myself and others from this thread everywhere...)  just enjoy the game and it will hurt a lot less when you realize your being a bit...unreasonable. ALSO STOP GRINDING FOR IT AND PLAY THE FRICKin GAME IT WILL COME FASTER. It was not designed for you to be able to farm or grind for it is supposed to be something you get eventually...Random Number Generation.....

Might try to wrap your head around the idea of 'achievement hunters' 'completionist' 'collectors' I could care less if the gun sucks, I and many others aren't in for a numbers game, every gun works fine unless you are trying to test yourself against crazy stuff. I'll level every weapon I can get and then pull out my best and favorite, but I still want it in my locker. As well there is this thing called mastery that requires leveling up weapons and frames, every weapon good or bad adds to it and helps, nothing is worthless.

Also as staed by another already, if grinding doesn't get it regular play wont either, its completely randon, but the more you do that actually has the possibility of getting it gives you a better chance. Not a hard concept to understand.

Might try to wrap your head around the idea of 'achievement hunters' 'completionist' 'collectors' I could care less if the gun sucks, I and many others aren't in for a numbers game, every gun works fine unless you are trying to test yourself against crazy stuff. I'll level every weapon I can get and then pull out my best and favorite, but I still want it in my locker. As well there is this thing called mastery that requires leveling up weapons and frames, every weapon good or bad adds to it and helps, nothing is worthless.

Also as staed by another already, if grinding doesn't get it regular play wont either, its completely randon, but the more you do that actually has the possibility of getting it gives you a better chance. Not a hard concept to understand.

Verily I say unto thee "Your suffering will be by your own device in scope and severity... I look forward to gleaning sustenance from your tears. I tried to warn you but you refused to see the light. Welcome to RNG hell. Wipe your feet at the door."

Is that supposed to be cute? Not only a copy past quote you gave to another guy but it seems you've learned nothing.

Sounds like it worked then but not now. A hundred Invasion victories might be too few to warrant a weapon as a reward, but at least there was always a sense of progression regardless of how long it took you. I can't bring myself to use a frame other than Trinity or do the final polarisation on her I want to do, because I know that if I do either, that'll be when they start spawning and wreck my groups without me capable of countering their insane damage output.

You're kidding, right? I say this as someone who got all the parts for their Brakk after 12 missions (pre-hot fix). Honestly, I think my experience should be the norm. I wasn't even trying to get it - I was trying to get battle pay for invasions. That's how it should happen. 100+ missions is crazy, whether you know about it or not. Also, they weren't *that* hard. One time I took down the trio with two PUG players in starting gear (unknown level) and I had a set of ~20 suit and gear I was leveling (Nyx, Paris, Kunai, Dual Cleaver, Shade, Shade's Laser Pistol) with half decent mods, no aura, no reactor, no catalysts... Yes, I burned two revives, but its wasn't game ending. It was fun and challenging.

The difference between before and now is that, now you don't have to keep running the same mission over and over. It was just extremely tedious to do nothing else but invasion missions for the event. There was no varity. You log on after work and just grind away to complete the event for a week. At least now, like someone else said, you get that mark and get to do something else.

Its a beta event - and obviously it was designed wrong. Hopefully the development team will learn from the Gravius event and not do anything like that again.

Nkomo-Sama, I agree with the two people right above this comment, and right below where I quoted yours.  Causals and average players don't stand a chance if the hard core grinders and farmers feel its out of reach. Plus, plenty of collectors exist out there. I intend to keep one of every non-limited edition weapon I can get my hands on, which is one reason having the Boar and Dual Ether Daggers retired bugs me so much. (I don't mind removing a gun for lore reasons - Snipertron - but I have no idea why those two weapons were retired.)

Edited by PoorCensored

I was trying to get battle pay for invasions. That's how it should happen. 100+ missions is crazy, whether you know about it or not.

A goal like a hundred victories isn't an insane one when you know you're always making progress.
Besides, there could be other milestones with rewards of their own. Get a scarf at fifty, a piece of cosmetic Sentinel gear at seventy-five, etc.

What more can I tell you? Complain more? I keep forgetting sometimes no one wants to hear something empowering. They would rather stay in the mind frame to complain and have someone complain with them. Misery loves company and all... Good luck with that.

This is as funny as hell, They should be made do at least 100 missions for the brakk as whatever it was a reward for the first time it was used should then be used as a benchmark for whenever it is offered again in the future.

(eg. Grad Had to do 100 missions to obtain it so when it is used in the future the base requirement should always be set at a minimum of 100 missions + whatever else the event of the time requires)

The sad part about this is that I will bet DE adjust the ratio's so the whingers stop crying....

A lot of people are debating the 100 mission thing, it seems.  Rather than play the he said/she said game, I went out and played the game to see what I'd get.  Don't know if anyone will find this info useful or not, but I'm sharing it anyway.  I ran 100 missions and this is the data I collected in doing so.

*5*   Invasion missions completed in Pluto (Various)            = 0 encounters

*4*   Survival missions completed in Mercury (Apollodorus) = 2 encounters

*91* Invasion missions completed in Sedna (Various)          = 5 encounters

Grand total, *100* missions, *7* encounters

In Apollodorus, both times that I saw the G3, it happened within the first 10 minutes.

The G3 I encountered in Apollodorus were easy to kill.  

Sometimes the G3 in Sedna were easy, sometimes hard.

I was able to Solo the G3 once in Sedna with a Soma

Once, the G3 was so strong, they were doing one-shot kills on our party and were not easily beaten.  

Not really sure how they scale, but there is a clear difference from encounter to encounter.

Here is the breakdown, by mission, what happened and what was earned.

Sedna (Invasion)       - Mission 20 = Split-Chamber, Barrel Diffusion, Brakk Blueprint

Sedna (Invasion)       - Mission 35 = Natural Talent, Neurode, Fusion Core

Sedna (Invasion)        - Mission 57 = Split-Chamber, Neurode, Fusion Core

Apollodorus (Survival) - Mission 61 = Split Chamber, Natural Talent, Neurode

Sedna (Invasion)       - Mission 63 = Brakk Barrel, Fusion Core, Fusion Core

Apollodorus (Survival) - Mission 74 = Fusion Core, Fusion Core, Neurode

Sedna (Invasion)       - Mission 77 = Brakk Barrel, Split Chamber, Fusion Core

I do not have the receiver just yet.

With all that said, I understand RNG can be painful, but only perseverance will win the day.  Besides, 2-300 missions is not so bad.

I have been playing Warframe for 3 months and my profile says I've completed 1,127 missions.  I have only had Stalker try to kill me twice.  Both times were within two days of each other.  I have been involved in his demise a mere 10 times.  He has never dropped anything other than Slash Dash for me.  I do not have any of his weapons.  I've been angry before, especially since another member of my clan only joined a month ago and already has Stalker's gear.  RNG is not fair, but there's nothing we can do, so anger is a waste of time.  Talking smack won't get you the items.  Play the game and enjoy it or play something else that doesn't require grinding.

Clone 

This is as funny as hell, They should be made do at least 100 missions for the brakk as whatever it was a reward for the first time it was used should then be used as a benchmark for whenever it is offered again in the future.

(eg. Grad Had to do 100 missions to obtain it so when it is used in the future the base requirement should always be set at a minimum of 100 missions + whatever else the event of the time requires)

The sad part about this is that I will bet DE adjust the ratio's so the whingers stop crying....

The idea should be to Improve on distribution of in game earned weapons so it isn't mind numbing and puts people off from playing the game after getting it.At least to me.

The idea should be to Improve on distribution of in game earned weapons so it isn't mind numbing and puts people off from playing the game after getting it.At least to me.

well de kicked that guy in the crotch with gradivus, so he won't be satisfied unless they kick you too sorry

In response to the flame and hate seemingly sent towards me in this thread,

1:for personal reference I have not gone after the G3 past getting the initial death mark.

2: I did not say anything about 100+ run players on the RNG wall having to suffer more/less or have an elitist attitude about the fact that i spent several soul crushing days to run 100 identical missions.

3: I DID state that i sympathize with people who are repeatedly screwed over by RNG, especially those who HAVE gone over 100 invasion missions with nothing.

4: This topic was posted in a rising trend of people spamming DE and the General Discussion with hate over not getting the brakk, a rather overpowered hand cannon, within their first few runs and then immediately complaining with allcaps.

5: Again, i am not claiming that you should all have to suffer the rng mountains because of the fact we had to do so many missions during the GD, but think before you spam.

In a related  topic.  The G3 just showed up in a mission.  We killed two of the G3 and the host, who was in a net, rage quit.  The last member of the G3 disappeared and the loot from the other two was laying on the ground, but could not be picked up. 

If you're in a net, just be patient.  Don't be a rage baby and quit.  You just ^%&& us all!