Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Why Doesn't Warframe Have A Roadmap?

JohnMarkLee

Why doesn't it have a roadmap or at least a page where we could see future updates or at least a teaser or something? I am clueless about whats going to happen to this game other than what I hear from other players. People tell to watch the livestreams but takes forever until they get to the parts I want to hear about. I mean games like Planetside 2 have a roadmap listing future updates. Why can't this game?

Edited by JohnMarkLee

Maybe for the simple reason that things are always changing and evolving into something different? They may not want to necessarily give us something to expect and it comes out totally different. They may just want to roll with it and just give out small and simple facts about it as it goes.

Gives more room for players to give feedback and for them to think about what they're trying to do. 

Maybe for the simple reason that things are always changing and evolving into something different? They may not want to necessarily give us something to expect and it comes out totally different. They may just want to roll with it and just give out small and simple facts about it as it goes.

Gives more room for players to give feedback and for them to think about what they're trying to do. 

Still they could at least give us an idea of what their going to be doing. They are just leaving me clueless... I have also been suggesting this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187894-ideasugesstion-special-invasion-game-modes/#entry2193747

Edited by JohnMarkLee

Planetside 2 couldn't follow its own roadmap. Few games could.

Part of the fun of Warframe is them being able to improve on whatever the community and they feel like needs improving on at the time. There's things they talk about (melee 2.0, adding space stations, etc) that they work on, but there's still things like weapons, new rooms, and so on that they have a nice freedom to put in and work on at will. It's like the Melee weapon contest that they held. They're making the winner's weapons now, but couldn't do that if they had to hold to some list they made before.

If they make a roadmap then they won't be able to follow it and people will lose faith in the devs just like with Planetside 2

They don't have to put accurate dates but at least a time they think they might get it done

Ex: Next 6 Months

And also tell us what they are working on...