Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Houdin, The Escape Artist [Updated; Fixing The Ability]

Vurige

This is my concept for a New Warframe
Houdin is mainly a self-defense warframe but can become support if needed. The playstyle is much similar to Loki but he has more support ability to help his teammates during chaotic battle.
He not an offensive type but he is the longest one to live, with all ability that make himself and his allies got a longer lifespan, even from the hardest level.

Edit : I make a fixing with his 3rd and 4th ability but I still nt sure about that, so I need more suggestion for his ability, just remember his theme is escaping and team safety

Still working on concept, but this is the first one

t1nTTnq.jpg

Details

-Name: Houdin

- Base Statistics
Health: 75
Power: 150
Armor: 65
Shields: 100
Sprint Speed: 1.2
Stamina: 100
Polarities:4x =
1x -
1x D
Aura Polarity:-

Abilities:

1. Shockwave Bomb (Energy: 25)
-Houdin throw a disc that leaving shockwave upon impact.

-Dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 300 Magnetic damage and causing ragdoll effect. Affected by Strength mod
- The shockwave throw enemies within 6 / 9 / 15 / 20 meters. Affected by range mod

- Has a cast time of ~ 0.5 sec and an after cast cooldown of ~ 0.25 sec.
- The disc has travel time but not affected by gravity. and always go to straight line
- The disc only explode if it hit something, either enemies or terrain

2. Glacial Mines (Energy: 50)
- Houdin throw a Disc that stick to any surfaces to slowing enemies down.

- Slowing down enemies within 7 / 8 / 10 / 15 meters of it radius, affected by range mod
- Last for 10 / 15 / 30 / 60 seconds, affected by duration mod.

- Mines has travel time but not affected by gravity, always go to straight line
- Has a cast time of ~ 0.5 sec and an after cast cooldown of ~ 0.25 sec.
- Can be stick at allies and enemies making them safe from melee unit (especially infested)
- When enemies step away from it's area they will become normal again.

- When activated, it will appear as dome-shaped aura with the disc as the center.

3. Escape (Energy: 25)
- Houdin teleport and disappear within enemies sight

- Teleport within 5 / 10 / 15 / 25 meters in front of him Affected by range mod
- You have to aim Where you want to go before executing the ability
- If you aim at enemy you will be teleported above his back, make you able to do melee jump attack
- Can't go pass through wall

4. Dimension 4 (Energy: 100)
- Houdin throw a disc to the ground, creating dimensional gate and dome

- The gate will be summoned at the place Houdin standing.
- The dimensional gate will be summoned near allies on the map regardless their distance and will transfer them to the dome if they walk through the gate.
- While activating, the dome will repel the enemies around Houdin, dealing 700 magnetic damage to all enemies within 7 meters. Will not affected by strength mod and range mod.
- Enemies will detect any player on the dome but can't harm them.
- Enemies will unable to enter gate and the dome including melee unit, also bullet wouldn't penetrate the dome.
- Last for 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 seconds. Affected by duration mod

Information

With dozens of trick on his sleeves. Houdin deceive his enemies and help his allies in the battle. Make all Tennos survive even from the toughest encounter on the battlefield
-CODEX entry

This is Houdin. The Magician. The Guardian

Specializing in support. He can be very helpful to helping fellow Tennos to survive and escape from chaotic battle.

Houdin's abilities are focusing on supporting, and escaping the battle.

Shockwave Bomb, launching a disc that emits shockwave when it hit any solid form, make the enemies within it's range falling down, giving all Tennos chance to escape or fight back.

Glacial Mines will make Houdin Throw a disc that will stick to any surface, including allies, make the enemies who come too close got slowed down by sub-zero temperature

Use escape when you are surrounded by countless enemies to run away, or teleporting you to make you closer to the enemies, allowing you to catching breath and think for your next move, or giving them a quick surprise attack.

Taking heavy casualties Tenno?. Dimension 4 will make Houdin creates an individual dimension and provides emergency escape and place to hide from enemy fire for all Tennos. Allowing Houdin, and his teammates to catching breath and planning for the next move.

Using the right mods can make the Houdin's Trick even more useful than before.

Equipping strength mods will give more damage dealt from Shockwave Bomb
Range mods will increase the range of shockwave from Shockwave Bomb, area of Glacial Mines, and distance of Escape ability
While duration mods can make the Glacial Mines and dimension 4 last longer.

Houdin can be appear and gone within a blink of eyes. Keep your eyes of his presence Tenno.

-Houdin's Warfame Profile.

That's all everyone. please leave comment and suggestion to improve Houdin. and make him more useful for all Tennos

Edited by Vurige

Very intriguing concept; I agree that less Warframes should be oriented towards damaging abilities, and a new trickster on the field is always cool.  I think the problem with Mass Teleport is the abusing troll factor of it where guys would rank up Flow and Streamline just to continually pull their allies out of battle when that's not what they wanted.  With some tweaks this could be a fun frame to play, though.

Very intriguing concept; I agree that less Warframes should be oriented towards damaging abilities, and a new trickster on the field is always cool.  I think the problem with Mass Teleport is the abusing troll factor of it where guys would rank up Flow and Streamline just to continually pull their allies out of battle when that's not what they wanted.  With some tweaks this could be a fun frame to play, though.

Only bad part about mass teleport is how trolly people could be in exterm or assassination. Imagine if there's 100+ enemies in the area, and tons were kept up in a certain spot and the guys already found them. Sounds like a troll move or when you find the boss but you have to run back to him. Other ideas are good but make the ult energy to 100. I don't recall a frame that has 100 less for there ult.

Some people wouldn't like his 3rd ability "Dexterity" because it may cause them to miss jumps or something similar. It's also too similar to Volts "Speed" ability. A lot of people would absolutely hate his 4th ability "Mass Teleport" because of how easily it can be used to troll.

But other then that it doesn't sound bad.

Only bad part about mass teleport is how trolly people could be in exterm or assassination. Imagine if there's 100+ enemies in the area, and tons were kept up in a certain spot and the guys already found them. Sounds like a troll move or when you find the boss but you have to run back to him. Other ideas are good but make the ult energy to 100. I don't recall a frame that has 100 less for there ult.

Some people wouldn't like his 3rd ability "Dexterity" because it may cause them to miss jumps or something similar. It's also too similar to Volts "Speed" ability. A lot of people would absolutely hate his 4th ability "Mass Teleport" because of how easily it can be used to troll.

But other then that it doesn't sound bad.

Thanks for the input guys, I will try to make better change for those abilities,

BTW his mass teleport is inspired by my friend who use Loki (He keep using switch teleport to me)

Edited by Vurige