Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Latron Prime Build

Kippss

Question

Need advice which mods are good to put on a latron P. I was thinking since latron P has a good base crit rate, replacing shred and fast hands with crit mods are good for high level enemies. I want my latrom P to ones shot high level enemies.

My current build (Potatoed, 1x Formaed)

-serration max

-split chamber max

-bane max

-shred max

-fast hands max

-elemental damage mods max (rad for grineer; mag for corpus)

21 answers to this question

Use toxin for corpus, its generally better. Well, a mix of radiation and toxin if you have the space.

And radiation and viral for grineer.

Edit: Remove fast hands, its not really needed, maybe remove the bane as well, allows more space for elemental combos, which is where the damage is really at.

Edited by DrPandisimo

ApSDQS8.png

That is your core setup.

The remaining 4 mods can be tailored to whatever you want your weapon to do.

In the V slot I like to run either Shred or rank 6 Heavy Caliber. Shred gives you the best bang for your buck as far as puncture goes and a Rank 6 heavy caliber will give you a bunch of extra damage, without screwing up your accuracy too much.

The first two slots go to elemental mods, Usually I like to go with Stormbringer and Malignant force, but any two are fine.

The remaining slot specializes the weapon, You can either buff out the elemental damage further, or run something like Hammer Shot.

Basically, run the 4 mods I've shown, then two Elemental mods, and use the final two slots to round out your build. 

You'll need 3 Forma for the build I use (V, V, V) , which will give you enough points to run pretty much any reasonable setup that does not include Metal Auger or a Maxed out Heavy Caliber. In each case you will likely need a fourth to add a - Polarity as well.

Running a Bane mod is also a good choice, but I generally find better things to fill the slot.

Edited by Sixty5

1. Build for maximum damage: http://goo.gl/Sa1HB0

Requires: 4 forma (v,v,v,v)

Pros: Highest damage you could get by putting legit mods when close to the enemy.

Cons: If you plan on using this weapon for sniping enemies far away from you the accuracy loss will hurt you in the long run.

2. Build for good long-range sniping (rainbow build so you can abuse the high status chance of the weapon): http://goo.gl/cphQMQ

Requires: 4 forma (v,v,v,-)

Pros: Pretty accurate for sniping enemies far away from you.

Cons: Lacks the damage of build #1.

3 .Build for being somewhere in the middle between the other two builds: http://goo.gl/9iyr5l

Requires: 3 forma (v,v,v)

Pros: Better damage than build #2 and better accuracy than build #1. Also requires one less forma.

Cons: Less damage than build #1 and worse accuracy than build #2.

For all those 3 builds you should switch the elementals depending on which faction you go up against. Radiation for Grineer, Magnetic for Corpus, Corrosive for Infested. Also in some situations you might want to drop an elemental mod to add Bane of Grineer, Bane of Corpus or Shred for Infested (probably for number 1 and 3 builds). The sample builds posted are for the void.

What is the 30% increase?

Bane. A Third 90% Element is 32% damage increase, a 60% is only like 22%. Depends whats already on there. Given that the LP uses crit mods, I would only use HC if not using crit mods and already rocking Bane and at least 3 elementals.

Bane. A Third 90% Element is 32% damage increase, a 60% is only like 22%. Depends whats already on there. Given that the LP uses crit mods, I would only use HC if not using crit mods and already rocking Bane and at least 3 elementals.

Except Bane only works on specific enemies, elemental damage is resisted by many enemies, and the accuracy trade off is marginal, and 40% is still > 30%. If you're soloing and taking your time or you haven't gotten Heavy Calibur yet your alternatives make plenty of sense, but if you have the Formas and Heavy Calibur that will do significantly more damage and be more versatile.

I'd recommend keeping Shred, OP. extra fire rate is nice, and punch through is amazing

http://goo.gl/HEuHJR

This one is my current build which works very effectively and can easily pull over 20K damage head shots.

This is the build I use, but Shred instead of Metal Auger. similar function, and it makes up for the fire rate loss from critical delay. I don't see when else I'd use critical delay and hammer shot, so, I use them on this build. full crit mods, serration, no heavy cal, and one element. malignant force is a good go-to, but you can swap in wildfire for infested or stormbringer for corpus if you want to be able to stun crewmen

Serration/Split Chamber/Shred/Point Strike/Vital Sense

Stormbringer/Hellfire/Malignant Force for Grineer

Bane/Infected Clip/Malignant Force for Corpus

Stormbringer/Malignant Force/Hellfire for Infested

I never use Heavy Caliber; I put Shred in over Heavy Caliber. I have a maxed Heavy Caliber sitting in my inventory that I flat out don't care to use on anything.

... other than for pumping AMD with Dread, but that's a different story.

To be frank, I don't care if Heavy Caliber will let me do 62% more damage if it is going to cause me to miss getting headshots. I prefer my weapons to be accurate from medium to long range instead of just hoping for body shots. If I can hit a line of enemies coming through the door with headshots from across the room and score a critical that will deal 4 times the damage of a regular body crit instead of only getting body shots for 1.62 times the damage, then it has more than made up for the loss of the base damage. On a non crit, the difference is already made to me if Heavy Caliber makes my headshot become a body shot.

I've played my friend's account using his 8/10 Heavy Caliber on his Soma (I don't have a Soma) and I already can't stand how accurate that is even at a medium range.

I know some people don't care about the accuracy loss, but I can't stand turning a great accurate weapon like the Latron Prime into a weapon where I have to wonder if I'll even hit my mark properly.

Just my 2c on the argument.

Edited by omgwtflolbbl

Except Bane only works on specific enemies, elemental damage is resisted by many enemies, and the accuracy trade off is marginal, and 40% is still > 30%. If you're soloing and taking your time or you haven't gotten Heavy Calibur yet your alternatives make plenty of sense, but if you have the Formas and Heavy Calibur that will do significantly more damage and be more versatile.

Bane works on all enemies of a faction, and you should always mod per-faction. Replacing with a 90% cold mod for Void, adds 32% damage (with 180% corrosive attached).

The problem I have is 'Heavy Calibur that will do significantly more damage' when really its like 5-7% more damage. And if you miss a single bullet, or miss the headshot, because of the acc loss, you're doing less DPS.

Heavy Calibur is actually far more valuable only if you havent fully ranked Serration.

Max Heavy Caliber goes in all builds, yo. Except maybe bows. But who uses bows?

Unless you aim for headshots. I'd take a 2x multiplier over a 1.4 modifier any day. And its like a 11x modifier for Bows or crits.