The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Viper Ammo Economy

dukelego

It sucks. Yeah.

I don't know if theres any way to increase ammo pool for them but if it could be increase that would be nice. I run out of ammo 4 tiles in on a t2 cap (this is with 60% ammo bonus and base ammo transmute, solo)

it might be that you are just not using the right mods.

ammo mutation aside, perhaps you are just not doing enough dmg to make the expended ammo worth it.

my suggestion is to get better mods.

there should be no reason to run out of ammo that fast, even with twin vipers.

my advice: if you do want to use the twin vipers, use them on high value targets, like the corrupted moas, corrupted gunners, and bosses. use something with good stopping power, but also good ammo economy, for everything else.

Mine are fitted out with Slip Mag, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Pestilence, Pistol Ammo Mutation and occasionally Trick Mag as a standard loadout; I drop in Convulsion, Heated Charge and Ice Storm as needed for dealing with specific factions. Forma'd twice with 2 "V" polarities. And yes, I know Lethal Torrent is missing - that's intentional as the ROF is ridiculously high to begin with.

These bad boys almost always go with me on my runs and aside from clip size, they never disappoint. The thing to remember is that on high levels, it really should be used strictly as an emergency weapon when reloading your primary would take too long or said primary is out of ammo. 

You want Ice Storm, it helps on the magazine size. Pistol ammo mutation is also a must if you intend to use them pretty often.

Problem is those things only shines at around 3 formas, so if you don't like the feeling, you'd better try another secondary.

I do tap,

As for my build its: rank 7 hornet strike, max heated charge, max cuncus rounds, max barrel dif, max quickdraw, rank 2 mag boost, base mutation, and (a now) maxed ammo

Get rid of Concussive Rounds. They do not help as much as it seems they should. Add in Ice storm or another elemental in it's place.

Get rid of mag boost, and max out ammo mutation.

Start farming for Lethal Torrent.

Don't hate all machine pistols because of your experiences with the Twin Vipers. The Akstilletos and Afuris are nice upgrades.

Yeah, Akstilletos are nice, I'm lvling up mine now. They seem to benefit more from lethal torrent than the Vipers, given their slower RoF and increased accuracy. Vipers just burn through the clip to fast with Lethal Torrent on them (mines maxed) you tap the trigger twice and you've emptied most of the clip.