The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phantasy Star Online 2

Deidaku

Hey guys , I was Just wondering if anyone on the forums is playing this game , and if so are you enjoying it? in which ship are you and have you found a lot of english speakers?

For those who don't know it's an action MMOJRPG with real time combat , TPS ranger shooting ,awesome boss fights and more.....the only problem is that there is no current western release. BUT there is an english patch that tranlates a lot of the content :)

EDIT:

HERE IS A LINK OT THE GAME TRANSLATOR : http://arks-layer.com/

Here are some screenshots from my playtime and a cinematic trailer 

pso20140228_205159_000_zpsdee3731f.jpg

pso20140226_175956_001_zpsd85d4aae.jpg

pso20140302_173624_000_zpsde46684e.jpg

pso20140304_182740_002_zps591296fb.jpg

pso20140304_183131_003_zps4151f1b9.jpg

Edited by Deidaku

Waiting to play it, loved the first one. They are taking too freaking long to release it to the west. So here i am, playing warframe, the closest i can get on the ps4 xD

If it had a english hud i might have looked into it, but i have no desire to learn japanese for the sake of a game lol.

I really dont see what is taking them so long.

Edit: i guess theres more egrish than i thaught. Though i still cant play it with any of my friends until they release it over here.

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

Waiting to play it, loved the first one. They are taking too freaking long to release it to the west. So here i am, playing warframe, the closest i can get on the ps4 xD

If it had a english hud i might have looked into it, but i have no desire to learn japanese for the sake of a game lol.

I really dont see what is taking them so long.

Edit: i guess theres more egrish than i thaught. Though i still cant play it with any of my friends until they release it over here.

I"ll add the link to the PSO tweaker , the hud and a lot of items are translated with it :)

I tried to play it like three times, but I never could. Everything the launcher does is show japanese error messages, I just uninstalled it...

You need PSO tweaker  to update the game correctly :) link in the OP 

its not hard to start up and most of it has been translated by fans. if u like warframe ull definitely like this game.

just find someone who can translate the hiragana captcha, thats the only hard part

Edited by lkkie

its not hard to start up and most of it has been translated by fans. if u like warframe ull definitely like this game.

just find someone who can translate the hiragana captcha, thats the only hard part

I just kept trying and after the 7 th time it worked :D

Used to play a lot when it first came out. Loved it for a time. Eventually I just became dissatisfied with how it was turning out - played less and less. Finally threw in the towel a couple months ago.

Probably won't play again, but as long as it's F2P and the server's up.. never say never.

pso20131219_115224_210_zpsbcd1b033.jpg

Used to play a lot when it first came out. Loved it for a time. Eventually I just became dissatisfied with how it was turning out - played less and less. Finally threw in the towel a couple months ago.

Probably won't play again, but as long as it's F2P and the server's up.. never say never.

pso20131219_115224_210_zpsbcd1b033.jpg

haha awesome screenshot :) 

why did you quit? Finished the story? Got almost all the rares ( which seems impossible ) 

Edited by Deidaku

It's hard to give any exact reason. Too much focus on 12/12 mutliparties / PSE bursts and emergency quests to get anything done in an efficient manner elsewhere put me off. There was a lot of good in it, but it just never quite clicked with me the same way the original PSO did.

It's hard to give any exact reason. Too much focus on 12/12 mutliparties / PSE bursts and emergency quests to get anything done in an efficient manner elsewhere put me off. There was a lot of good in it, but it just never quite clicked with me the same way the original PSO did.

i've played Episode 1 and 2 on the gamecube , ( aaah the glorious 3 hit combos, the non jumping and slow characters XD) 

It got to play with my brother and sister on local MP ,since the online was already disabled . My god it was epic , 

So when I saw PSO2 : I was hoping it would be the same but on the WiiU or PS4 and XB1 , but alas the game doesn't even have a western release XS

The thing that really pissed me off were section IDs , I only realized their importance waay too late to make another character :/

Go ask them. They're the ones that delayed it indefinitely for undisclosed reasons.

D: 

Deep inside I was thinking that they may release it some time later on the PS4.....since the exact same game is on vita.....

I stayed away from PSO2 due to the lack of presence in the western market, since my knowledge of Japanese is too minuscule to hold a conversation, let alone ask for help.

I didn't know about the English patch, though.  Might give it a try.