The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera View Needs Tweaks

Litego

The character takes up way too much of the screen right now, and that is a huge problem, it makes the game feel clunky. If you for example have the camera over your right shoulder and you walk to the right, he obstructs the crosshair so you can't see where you're aiming.

I suggest moving the camera higher above the player so that the crosshair never gets obstructed by your character. Preferably it should also be centered behind the character instead of over the shoulder. But if you keep the current over the shoulder camera, we should at the very least be able to toggle which shoulder it's over while sprinting.

Also I wouldn't mind being able to go into a first person camera view, that would actually be ideal for me.

Edited by Litego

The character takes up way too much of the screen right now, and that is a huge problem, it makes the game feel clunky. If you for example have the camera over your right shoulder and you walk to the right, he obstructs the crosshair so you can't see where you're aiming.

I suggest moving the camera higher above the player so that the crosshair never gets obstructed by your character. Preferably it should also be centered behind the character instead of over the shoulder. But if you keep the current over the shoulder camera, we should at the very least be able to toggle which shoulder it's over while sprinting.

Also I wouldn't mind being able to go into a first person camera view, that would actually be ideal for me.

The camera as it is right now, is not ideal. If you stand behind cover and you can see an enemy, when you point crosshair and shoot, you'll often hit the cover instead of your target. Also if you're too close to your target you will miss them no matter what as well.

Running and shooting backwards also often results in the bullets going anywhere but the crosshair.

I haven't noticed myself, but if you change shoulderview with H, doesn't it stay at that shoulder when you sprint?

I haven't noticed myself, but if you change shoulderview with H, doesn't it stay at that shoulder when you sprint?

It stays there yeah, but you can not change it while sprinting. Like if you have it over your left shoulder and start sprinting around a right corner, you switch camera view with H but nothing happens, you have to stop in order to change it.

I've noticed the shooting at crates while behind cover and aiming at enemies, but this is just the side effect of third person shooters, they all act like that don't they? That's one reason why I prefer first person view.

shoulder swap should switch gun hands most 3rd person shooters have not gotten this right yet, also there needs to be a FOV slider

Why should it switch gun hands? Most guns aren't even designed to be ambidextrous. The shoulder-switching is purely to gain an alternate perspective.

Why should it switch gun hands? Most guns aren't even designed to be ambidextrous. The shoulder-switching is purely to gain an alternate perspective.

because otherwise when you switch views to see more around the corner your just going to shoot the wall and that defeats the whole point of switching shoulders and as far as I have seen all the guns in this game are ambidextrous as none of them eject shell casings now do they ?

The frames are clearly not ambidextrous. They are obviously right-handed.

wait what ? how do you gather that ? because the option to switch gun hands is not in the game ? so your argument why they should not be able to switch hands is they don't already have the ability to switch hands ? .... also are you really arguing against a good idea that has been put into other 3rd person shooters to great success because it isn't realistic ? god forbid anything non realistic would be in warframe... give me a break

Edited by b00zy

Running and shooting backwards also often results in the bullets going anywhere but the crosshair.

indeed it does, your character seems to be unable to decide which way to face when running away from the enemy. my character all the time seems to spin around to face backwards the other way from how it was to start. which totally throws off my accuracy and i waste a lot of ammo that way.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, here. You seem unusually perturbed by this.

because your argument is quite silly I'm pretty sure space ninjas with magical powers that kill thousands of beings without taking a scratch could deal with switching gun hands but what do I know I didn't realise we were playing a military simulation here you sir have bested me on the plain of logic and wit I bid you a good day

Edited by b00zy