Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Migration?

KratosAngelus

There's been a bunch of topics on this I know, but is there going to be any updates soon?  They said they were working on something a month ago, and I haven't seen or heard anything more since then.  Just getting a little frustrating cause I want to play with my warframes on my ps4 account cause i've put alot of time and effort, and some plat into it.  You would think that they would of had this prepared before hand seeing as they promised it. : (  

You would think that they would of had this prepared before hand seeing as they promised it.

The information that doesn't seem to be circulating, is that DE is NOT in complete control of this. They gotta work with Sony's PSN servers in order to sync up and things like that. I believe the last thing I read was DE's good on their end, however, they're needing to work with Sony.

I do not support my own statements as fact. The only thing I'm sure of is that DE and Sony have to work together on this one.

Has nothing to do with being in sync they have it working right now with synced sony Won't let them implement due to pc specific content like excel prime. But more than anything else its due to the mass influx of mod cards to the in game economy. This info is from an inside source. (Not a DE employee). Someone within S.

Well the whole point that i'm getting across is that they announced the migration several months before the ps4's release, you think they wouldn't of made the announcement unless they had the approval from Sony?  Now if it really is Sony's problem being the ones that are saying no... why would they agree to it in the first place and get alot of player's hopes up?  If they're worried about the mods they can just make the ones that moved over not tradable, or only non rares could be traded or something like that.  Just been getting really frustrating waiting for them to solve this. 

yea the wait is getting annoying i kinda want my original stuff from my pc version where i had all my stuff already set up. This should of been taken care of a long time before they even released the information about syncing. This is definitely a bad business decision  by both Sony and DE to not have it ready by now.

I really do not understand concerns here and I wish that DE would take time to explain what the problem is. Apart from keeping us updated it would allow people to give suggestions how to resolve this situation (and some ideas might be worth hearing).

As I see it now:

If migration is delayed further or canceled: many people would stick to playing on PC and some small amount will stop playing at all. This will cause big losses for Sony (as all purchases will be made for PC - so nothing for them) and small loses for DE (as some people can stop playing and/or will stop buying platinum).

If migration is possible: at first Sony might not be as profitable as with new accounts since players migrating already bought some thing on PC but later they will start buying it on PS4 so profit to Sony. For DE it is not that much difference if people buy platinum for PS4 or PC.

Plus there might be some players with older PCs that, if migration will be possible, will decide to buy PS4 instead upgrading or buying new PC (I understand there will not be many of those people but it is still possible).

So I really don't understand problem. Without migration Sony will loose big, so why are they making problems (as I'm assuming DE is trying hard as not deliver something they promised 5 months ago will make them look incompetent)?