Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All The Hate On Nova?

(PSN)HBLR

Nova is a ton of fun when playing her, I tend to value the debuff and slow more than the boom, so i modded her with Overextend to decrease the damage and pretty much Debuff anything 58m away and then everyone benefits with 200% damage and the gratification of seeing the boom when they kill stuff.  Also help dramatically defensively due to the slowed attack speed and movement of all enemies.

Also i see Mag as being more annoying with her crush/pull abilities, there is nothing more annoying then trying to shoot enemies flying all over the place constantly.  

Edited by Akihoshi

Mag's pull I agree with (I do troll a little bit with pull, but not much lol) - but her crush? It just holds enemies still in the air, makes it easy for other's to kill them before she can finish the ability. Not sure how that could be annoying, except to the person actually playing Mag.

Mag's pull I agree with (I do troll a little bit with pull, but not much lol) - but her crush? It just holds enemies still in the air, makes it easy for other's to kill them before she can finish the ability. Not sure how that could be annoying, except to the person actually playing Mag.

because the Crush kills everything lol but that is like any ult ability, i suppose that was a bit bias =P

People hate the people that spam her ult, max energy efficiency lets nova spam the s*** out of it non stop so all you do in a mission is try to keep up and watch the firework show. But it's the same with people doing perma invincibility on trinity and then spamming ogris or penta, requires no skill and takes all the fun out of the game.

Without forma, its not practical to have a maxed Streamline, affinity - ; Nova has no - slots. Max Streamline and Flow are, combined, 18 points, iirc. Her maxed ultimate is 13, which should cost her 7; and leaving her with 5 points... I can't see playing that build with so few other points.

Now, if you get in to reactors, forma, auras, etc... the situation changes, but, honestly, at that point just about everything can get cheesy.

Also, at level 30, without Streamline and flow, you can pop her ultimate twice. Your not spamming it on anything except survival and defense missions.