Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Kama Using Default Dual-Weapon Charge Animation

shut

I'm not sure if this is supposed to go into Bug Reports or not, since I'm not sure if this is a bug or an intended change.

The Dual Kamas used to have a unique charge animation. The player would cross both weapons in front of him/her and then swing both of them outwards at once, which suited the weapons perfectly. But, as of recently (within the past one or two weeks, I believe), it's been changed to the "generic dual melee charge attack" that Zorens and Ichors have. It looks painfully bland, and I really don't see what was wrong with the old one or why the new one is any better.

It'd be great if the old charge attack animation made a return. It suited the Dual Kamas much better and helped set it apart from its Dual brethren, even if only slightly.

The Skana Prime similarly lost its unique charge attack. This is probably an accidental side effect of the Melee 2.0 development.

I've already reported this to Geoff, he said it wasn't anything they did on purpose, it'll definitely be fixed up with Melee 2.0 if not before.

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely sure how late I am to the party here (or early) but i have finally got back around to using my dual kamas and was rather disappointed to see that the charge attack animation had changed since they where released (not sure when this happened). the dual kamas now use the same charge animation as the zorens, and I hate it! The animation USED to be: arms folded across the chest and then thrust out straight with the points impacting the target like this from a first person perspective (if we where playing as the warframe)

INITIAL animation   right kama--->target<---left kama       ENDING animation      <---left kama  dead target  right kama--->

this was a really cool animation and am pretty sad to see that it has gone, please bring it back!

Edited by Demon_Mask

Merged with a pre-existing topic and changed the thread title.

LOL, I was all confused when I was reading Demon_Mask's post. I was all like "Isn't that pretty much exactly what I was saying?". XD