Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Slot Expander

degrida

I have this concept of an expander that allows you to add mod slots to your weapons or warframes but it requires at least 5 of each rare resource and at least 2 forma. The cost depends on how "powerful" you want that expander to be. You could add from either a minimum of one mod slot or a maximum of ten.

Before we get into the meat.

Are we increasing Mod Capacity by 5-10-15 to make room for this new slot

Is this something that'll help the game, or simply be a Power-Creep where, to stay strong, one MUST do this, otherwise your behind everyone else

and is this something only players that have platinum can do, and will actually effect the game (pay-to-win) which is something DE has been adamant to avoid.

For 2/3 of those questions, it looks pretty bad. I'd like to say it sounds awesome, but it actually looks like it'd just make a lot of people mad

Honestly, I only see myself needing 2 extra mod slots on my frame, that would do it. It would also be better if things like Rifle Amp and Steel Charge were used on the actual weapons, not the frame. You couldn't call it a weapon aura exactly, but something along those lines. Another change that would be nice is if all auras had the same aura polarity or no polarity at all.

Honestly, I only see myself needing 2 extra mod slots on my frame, that would do it. It would also be better if things like Rifle Amp and Steel Charge were used on the actual weapons, not the frame. You couldn't call it a weapon aura exactly, but something along those lines. Another change that would be nice is if all auras had the same aura polarity or no polarity at all.

yeah but no aura slots would be rather, simplistic. would also make it next to impoxxible to have any mods. i mean with a 60 limit onmy warframe, i could only just fit in all four abilitiesandmaybe four, five mods if i'm lucky, and thtsnotmaxed out.

yeah but no aura slots would be rather, simplistic. would also make it next to impoxxible to have any mods. i mean with a 60 limit onmy warframe, i could only just fit in all four abilitiesandmaybe four, five mods if i'm lucky, and thtsnotmaxed out.

I wasn't saying no aura slots, but rather that the slots/aura mods would be better if they didn't have polarity markers or all had the same markers, a specific to auras polarity, i.e. all auras are dashes or v's or whatever, this way you wouldn't need a forma and would alway receive the maximum amount of mod points from the aura mod of your choice.

I think that this item should just be xp locked at rank 5 and could be given off as an alert reward. It'll be something that'll help the players who have more experience. Also, since this item will be used by EVERYONE, I suggest that there be AI 2.0. The ai is smarter and, on endgame, they also have "modded" weapons.