The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Focus And What Will It Bring To The Table?

Shadow_Arrows

So I've been hearing about the focus system coming out and every time I see a post about balancing or making the useless useful I always see "Wait for focus". Now all i know about focus is its a way to "make your warframe more powerful" that i heard from the live stream.

Now what I want to know is what does the focus system do, how will it balance out warframe powers and abilities, and if it will make that much of a difference. I know its all a bit hush hush at the moment but i would appreciate as little speculation as possible about what it does.

Just to be clear this post is about focus. What it does and how it will change the game.

Focus system will involve a potatoe-like item (Lens) that you put on your weapons and frames, to redirect XP that weapon/frame earns towards... something...

Details are pretty thin, and what details they have given they've backpeddled on a bit (monster mode / super sayin / long timers), but generally what it promises to 'fix' is the wasted XP you accrue while using your maxed out gear to find the various ingredients you need to make more gear to master. Now that XP will go somewhere.

Has nothing to do with gun/frame balance AFAIK.

Edited by VKhaun

Now all i know about focus is its a way to "make your warframe more powerful" 

it doesnt make your warframe more powerful, it makes your tenno more powerful

focus is basically skill trees for your tenno, that boost it in various ways, and offer various different benefits

ex. +1 weapon accuarcy

+1 melee attack rate

+rage mode

+etc

So although that sounds like an awesome idea (and I did a bit more research on the topic) won't this just make warframes way more powerful. It seems like the game is already to easy honestly. The only reason i ever fail a mission is when absolutely no one is paying attention. Will focus push that even farther or are the devs making harder content with the focus system?

More long-term progress and power increase for players.  Sounds pretty similar to RPG skill-tree to me.

It should come together with more high-level content to play, Badlands and what else will be added.

Edited by Monolake