The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Rework

Done25

Damn bug ate my post, so short and sweet before it happens again.

#1 - 25 energy - Well of Life - Trinity sends out a self centered pulse, healing all nearby allies for 75/125/175/200 and dealing the same in Viral damage to enemies.

#2 - 50 energy - Injection - Trnity forces energy into an enemy, stunning them for 1/2/3/4 seconds. If they die before the energy fades they release it in an explosion, delaing 100/200/300/400 Electrical damage to surrounding foes and restoring 10/20/30/40 energy to nearby allies.

My problem with Trinity skills #1 and 2 is that they are clunky, unintuitive, and abusable.

Well of life basically makes the enemy invicible in a worst use scenario, and prevents damage from stickign to your team in the best. Last I checked it had a nasty bug where you could cast Well of Life then use Energy Vampire's hp% damage right before it expires to rip an enemy apart.

Energy Vampire is the same thing. At worst you just wasted 50 energy because your target died to stray fire, or you now have a puppet that provides endless energy to your team.

I can understand your reasons for the rework, but your number 2 skill loses energy overall-not something I want to see on trinity, since she is, in my opinion, one of the most energy-hungry frames in the game. Removing her ability to feed herself energy would validate those who maintain anything but Energy Siphon is unplayable, and force even more effeciency builds.

#1 - 25 energy - Well of Life - Trinity sends out a self centered pulse, healing all nearby allies for 75/125/175/200 and dealing the same in Viral damage to enemies.

#2 - 50 energy - Injection - Trnity forces energy into an enemy, stunning them for 1/2/3/4 seconds. If they die before the energy fades they release it in an explosion, delaing 100/200/300/400 Electrical damage to surrounding foes and restoring 10/20/30/40 energy to nearby allies.

My problem with Trinity skills #1 and 2 is that they are clunky, unintuitive, and abusable.

Well of life basically makes the enemy invicible in a worst use scenario, and prevents damage from stickign to your team in the best. Last I checked it had a nasty bug where you could cast Well of Life then use Energy Vampire's hp% damage right before it expires to rip an enemy apart.

Energy Vampire is the same thing. At worst you just wasted 50 energy because your target died to stray fire, or you now have a puppet that provides endless energy to your team.

The only broken thing about Trinity is her ultimate, blessing needs to go bye-bye. It is beyond $&*&*#(%& to have a permanent invincibility in any game, especially in a game like this. It effectively lowers any skills bars and makes the game completely and utterly trivial. I am sick of forbidding people of using Trinity in my games.. I wan't her reworked. Her blessing must become something sensible.

How about no? Trinity is intended to be a Tank/Healer/Support kinda mix, she doesn't need damage in the equation.

What she DOES need, are WoL and EV that are usable without setting up a camp. Like I've suggested pretty much everywhere by now, WoL could be turned into a cheap but weak radial heal to be spammed, and EV could be about the same as it was before all the changes, but with AoE coming from Trin, triggered by her damage to enemies and limited by a cooldown.

And yes, Blessing needs to go, but then Trin will need her old Link back.

I can understand your reasons for the rework, but your number 2 skill loses energy overall-not something I want to see on trinity, since she is, in my opinion, one of the most energy-hungry frames in the game. Removing her ability to feed herself energy would validate those who maintain anything but Energy Siphon is unplayable, and force even more effeciency builds.

Don't forget that Power Strength increases the amount of enery restored.

The only broken thing about Trinity is her ultimate, blessing needs to go bye-bye. It is beyond $&*&*#(%& to have a permanent invincibility in any game, especially in a game like this. It effectively lowers any skills bars and makes the game completely and utterly trivial. I am sick of forbidding people of using Trinity in my games.. I wan't her reworked. Her blessing must become something sensible.

What I would suggest is that instead of a long term invicibility it only lasts 1~3 seconds (so people have time to react) BUT in exchange it now revives any downed allies. Two guys knocked on their rears by a Napalm? Hit 4 and get them back up into the fight!

How about no? Trinity is intended to be a Tank/Healer/Support kinda mix, she doesn't need damage in the equation.

What she DOES need, are WoL and EV that are usable without setting up a camp. Like I've suggested pretty much everywhere by now, WoL could be turned into a cheap but weak radial heal to be spammed, and EV could be about the same as it was before all the changes, but with AoE coming from Trin, triggered by her damage to enemies and limited by a cooldown.

And yes, Blessing needs to go, but then Trin will need her old Link back.

Energy Vampire currently does damage and I didn't touch Link which provides both tank AND damage. The new abilities I jsut posted don't require a camp to be used, they can still be powerful in a highly mobile and fast paced setting. A "WoL could be turned into a cheap but weak radial heal to be spammed" is what I just posted. Also, from what  I can tell the original ability for Energy Vampire was flawed. It was only good on durable enemies and if someone used a high damage one shot weapon like a Snipertron only they would get any energy back.

Energy Vampire currently does damage and I didn't touch Link which provides both tank AND damage. The new abilities I jsut posted don't require a camp to be used, they can still be powerful in a highly mobile and fast paced setting. A "WoL could be turned into a cheap but weak radial heal to be spammed" is what I just posted. Also, from what  I can tell the original ability for Energy Vampire was flawed. It was only good on durable enemies and if someone used a high damage one shot weapon like a Snipertron only they would get any energy back.

Well, I didn't say EV and Link should keep on dealing that damage. And, old EV was flawed because it could be stolen, and required a semi-tough enemy. If we make EV self-cast, counting damage Trin does to anyone, and then emitting a pulse on some threshold (maybe more than one pulse in succession), it would be hard to squander and would allow ondemand energy like old EV did. With same limitations of "you have to wait for it to end"

I like Energy Vampire how it is. Whenever I see a big threat enemy (Napalm, or a charging Ancient) I use EV to stop him and give energy to the team, who has skills to destroy the threats.

Well of Life on the other hand...I can't cast it without my squad questioning my sexuality. They think it's a troll skill.

I think WoL needs to work like EV. No one shoots at WoL, at least not in my games. That's another reason Blessing is so heavily relied upon.

Oh, and yes, I support removing invulnerability on Blessing, at least for the full duration. It's not fun to face-tank anything for that long of a time.

What if Blessing just did invulnerability for 5 seconds, then 90% dmg resistance?

-Jin