Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: 'toggle Ui' Keybinding

Wemic

It would be convenient to be able to set a key for toggling the UI on/off. I take Screenshots using Steam, and it's inconvenient to have to open the options menu, turn off the UI, save, and then take the screenshot. The current feature of turning off the UI for screenshots only works when using the game's screenshot function, and even when making the Steam screenshot button the same key, the timing of the UI turning off for the screenshot doesn't match with the moment that Steam captures the image.

There's a setting that turns off the UI in screenshots under HUD options. Sounds like that would solve your problem.

As the OP stated, that only works with the game's screenshot function. He (and others, I imagine, including myself) would like a key to toggle the UI for the purpose of Steam screenshots, which currently will always have the HUD enabled, regardless of that setting.

I honestly thought there was already a function key enabled to turn UI on or off, but I am not sure why there isn't. At this point it seems the UI team is pretty adamant about their decisions about how the players want to view/use the UI. 

Edited by Jakl635

There's a setting that turns off the UI in screenshots under HUD options. Sounds like that would solve your problem.

It does not solve the problem. I covered that in my original post.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for using Steam screenshots? The jpgs it outputs are hilariously compressed.

I use it mostly in order to share the screenshots via Steam on my account. I don't know of a way to upload screenshots that were not actually taken by the Steam overlay to the Steam screenshots cloud storage.

Edited by Wemic

Screenshots aside, it just seems a bit silly to me that there IS an option to turn the HUD off completely, but the only way to change it is to open the options menu, click the toggle, then wait for the options to save; in other words, it's not really feasible to do it in the heat in combat. Having a key bound to toggling it on/off would fix the problem, and seems like a relatively easy and quick thing to implement.

I would use the games screenshoots, if I could change the button.

But because I cant, I only use steam screenshots.

I think its more reasonable to ask for, being able to toggle the screenshot button, then having a remove/enable UI button. 

I think its more reasonable to ask for, being able to toggle the screenshot button, then having a remove/enable UI button. 

That wouldn't work. As I mentioned in the original post, when I made the Steam screenshot the same key as the in-game screenshot, the timing did not sync up and the HUD was still captured by the Steam screenshot.