The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Good Or Not Good ?

Henji

Question

I`ve been hearing alot of ppl saying that excalibur is bad and it doesnt have any good powers or w/e ppl think that makes him unreliable in a fight.

So i was hoping to get the communities opinion about this iconic warframe and know what they like and dont like it about ! 

Please keep in mind this is a point of view topic so I dont need to say this isn`t a boxing ring for who knows best...

Keep it simple and constructive. 

Thank You.

when most player are reach more rank , have more powerful mods and weapon , they'll start to craft new warframe and sold their starter frame , so those starter frame doesn't even equipped by a good mod , make most player think excal is suck because when they using it they doesn't have any useful mods or weapons

ps. sorry for my bad english

I've enjoyed reading the thread on Excalibur. I just started and I chose Excalibur and i was wondering if I made a bad choice because of all the negative comments on that frame. I'll continue using Excalibur and hopefully I'll be more of an asset to the squads I'm paired with rather than a nuisance. Thanks for the pointers on how to use his abilities as well.

I am the excalibur

Jack of all trade, master of none

Through joy and fear, i shall accompany you

Through battle and fight, i shall protect you

With all my might, i won't fail you

My Slash dash shall cut through the enemy

My Radial blind shall blind all the enemy

My Radial javelin shall impale the enemy

Thou our enemy despise us, we will prove them

That our might, will make them perish

Omg I didn't even realise Pistol Amp was a thing... WHY WAS IT REMOVED D:

For two good reasons:

-Unrealeased Mod yet (wich means we gonna see it yet)

-If they kept that way,well...you would be looking at alot of nerfed pistols nowdays :/

Side note: I could be mistake in the later but considering its back in update 10 my guess would be that you would see alot of trouble with new weapons in the other updates especialy vasto, that if my memory servers me well was released around the same update wich would make alot of damage with that much damage increase just using this mod...but then again i could be mistake >.>.

Edited by Henji

he's not good,but not bad either

and his skill is balanced,have mobility horizontal and vertically and have a good CC,his javelin need buff tho :/

dont recall anyone talking about the javelin in the topic so ill try to clarify why isnt buffed.

Here is a possible reason.

It would make excalibur way OP 

I've been trying around with new mods i accquired recently like the rage mod and if they did buffed javelin it would be not just powerfull but it would allow u to spam the same ability over and over again with the right set of mods. (to clarify rage mod converts damage recived into energy)

So increasing the abilitie damage output would make a walk in the park by reciving damage and spamming javelin till you reach the exit.

Thats something that the developers may see as OP considering the mobility and damage that excalibur already deals in most of the lvls (im just having problems with 40 plus mobs this days and even so with litte complications).

The thing is (IMO) that exaclibur was meant to be a balanced and creative warframe that way he can be used in all sorts of situations without having  a one kill end game (w/e) ability.

Its just the way he was meant to be I belive and im surviving so far. 

Check the other comments if you haven't checked already and you will see there are many ways to make excalibur abilities way more effective with other frames abilities and hopefully it will help you and other excalibur players enjoy you frame even more.

Edited by Henji

Powerful spammable No1 ability at lower levels, great CC at high levels.

Good shields and health, Super Jump is fun, Radial Javelin is OK.

Seriously, very balanced, his ult is average, but everything else is good.

Best frame, no, great starter frame, very much so.

I reset my account, and chose Excalibur the second time round, enough said.