The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If 'players' Acted Out The Stalker Role.. Like In Dark Souls?

DirkDeadeye

I'm out, I came here to state what I thought and I have done it.

Like i said xD DE should give them a training room to fight others in the clan. This way these ridiculous amounts of pvp threads would finally disappear.

DE could say: here is your PVP, no further PVP stuff, and they could focus on the main part of the game again, the PVE.

Edited by Venarge

I've already made my case chief. I keep my feedback concise. I'm not trying to define the game, I'm trying to explore it's possiblities.

You mean like this?

Why should you be invaded? Because, the only real esclation of fun in this game, is ego, ego, ego and ego. That's it. More guys screwing others, that screw over another..and another. I propose people being knocked off of thier smug ivory towers soaking up braton mk-1 bullets, mowing noobs down with a boltor.

If there is pvp. People will quit.

No offence, this would SUCK in Warframe - it doesn't fit in with the game's style, not to mention lore, and it only works in Dark Souls because it was meant to be you vs. everything else.

I don't take offense, I'm just making conversation. I'm not making ultimatiums. I'm not demanding anything.

I think it'd be the most effeicent way to add in some PvP, and it would add some variety.

You would have to gather a lot of rare materials to make a stalker warframe, and the BP's could be elusive as well, kind of like banshee. You would also probably need to be pretty high ranked. Like 5-10? I don't know.

You would invade just like the stalker does now, you have your intended target, and you can only see him, the catch is, the other co-op members can see you this time. If you win, you get X amount of creds, or maybe a random item of some sort..and if they win, the same.

It would be completely random, across the galaxy, maybe make some exceptions of new players..but certainly not systems, since high level players still farm there.

Already have made a tread while ago day one they have release the stalker and my tread as been flames and closed so yeah dont even try it ;)

My tread find HERE »»»» https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17234-the-new-stalkers-corupted-ninja-make-me-think-about-a-awesome-idea-for-pvp-devs-read-this/page__st__40__hl__+pvp%20+idea%20+stew360#entry153816

Edited by Stew360

Just wanted to explain that I pitched my suggestion in this thread because I saw that the "Get Stalkerframe > Become The Stalker" was too exploitable, and offered an alternative that might help bring more challenge for the target. I supported making the Stalker more intelligent by letting a player take the reins.

I did not pitch in to support PvP, as the devs clearly stated their views on that subject. The Dark Soul/Demon Soul parallel was for the method, not the lore or motivation. No one will be able to say "Huh I wanna Stalk people today and keep blocking other people's progress instead of playing the game as it is normally", thus turning into a parallel of D-ickwraiths or disruptive PvP-ers.

As it is Players will get Stalked anyways, whether they want it or not, there really isn't a need to go "oh who would want to get stalked, anyway".

So what if we let someone get a chance to play Stalker, join one mission, take out the target and then continue on with their game.

A target's eligibility is determined by however it is right now: Kill a boss, yadda yadda I don't know the details, mid game the target's client will send a prompt to matchmaking. A Stalker is 'chosen' if they have good ping with the target, and some non-farmable trigger like after they complete a mission, but before they rejoin the lobby, something like "Assassination target found: <playername> is guilty. Accept/Deny?" for all of the five seconds pre return to lobby. If no one replies the prompt for say 5 minutes, shut down that target's request and generate an NPC Stalker. As far as I can imagine, this would prevent people from lobby-camping and wait for a "Stalk Y/N?" prompt, and actually play some levels.

Having a good run with teammates? Decline and continue on, or take 5 minutes and Stalk the target. Playing online with random strangers and host is probably gonna kick players anyway? Accept and hop into a 'bonus stage' before you hop to the next game.

Yeah.. it seems to be a sensitive topic. I'll leave it alone.

whoops saw this after posting.

oh well I already said what I wanted, cheers everyone.

Edited by Shion963

Wow, so much butt hurt in one thread. The person who'd be playing stalker would be at a major disadvantage so I don't particularly see the problem with this. There could be an option to have stalker missions to pop up as alerts that would send you in to peoples' non alert missions as stalker.

Your idea of mixing the Dark Souls invasion will never work in Warframe, because for one thing in Dark Souls you don't need revival tokens.

You don't need revival tokens in warframe either :|

Edited by Aggh

Wow, so much butt hurt in one thread. The person who'd be playing stalker would be at a major disadvantage so I don't particularly see the problem with this. There could be an option to have stalker missions to pop up as alerts that would send you in to peoples' alerts as stalker.

I like that. Maybe if the alert mission was only creds, and you kill the stalker you get a ? as well.

Wow, so much butt hurt in one thread. The person who'd be playing stalker would be at a major disadvantage so I don't particularly see the problem with this. There could be an option to have stalker missions to pop up as alerts that would send you in to peoples' alerts as stalker.

So tell me. Why should I want to be invaded? There is no actual reason for this. Why should I want someone to interfer within an alert mission that might get me something interesting. Why should I want that someone might be able to destroy my actual gameflow by killing me during an important mission? What about people with a crappy internet? They would simply die cause the interferences, a joing player causes are high for these people. They couldnt see the stalker at all. They would simply die!

So tell me. Why should I want to be invaded? There is no actual reason for this. Why should I want someone to interfer within an alert mission that might get me something interesting. Why should I want that someone might be able to destroy my actual gameflow by killing me during an important mission? What about people with a crappy internet? They would simply die cause the interferences, a joing player causes are high for these people. They couldnt see the stalker at all. They would simply die!

Tell me why you shouldn't be? It'd be a great way for them to justify giving real rewards for killing stalker. Lagging players will have problems regarldess, proper match making with the stalker alert would prevent any real issues with lag.

Wouldnt work. People would tell others to do the stalker on their mission and simply die to get the ?

That would only be possible if people could tell when and where the stalker mission is. Giving rewards to the stalker player for kills would provide incentive for this not to happen too.

Edited by Aggh

This game is Warframe like the name states, not Dark Souls lol. And its a ("PVE") based game for now. Any sort of PVP would do more harm to this game and community and everything in it, especially when the DE's and Staff are concentrating on fixing the bugs and whistles in the game since the Update7 launched, they have alot on their hands now to even try to consider a massive overhaul on trying to implement a Player-Vs-Player type of addon in the game right now.

This game is Warframe like the name states, not Dark Souls lol. And its a ("PVE") based game for now. Any sort of PVP would do more harm to this game and community and everything in it, especially when the DE's and Staff are concentrating on fixing the bugs and whistles in the game since the Update7 launched, they have alot on their hands now to even try to consider a massive overhaul on trying to implement a Player-Vs-Player type of addon in the game right now.

It's just conversation.

Tell me why you shouldn't be? It'd be a great way for them to justify giving real rewards for killing stalker. Lagging players will have problems regarldess, proper match making with the stalker would prevent any real issues with lag.

That would only be possible if people could tell when and where the stalker mission is.

1st: I dont want to be invaded cause maybe this mission is important to me or whatever. There are still people that like the simple pve game.

2nd: So you think people wouldnt dmake arrangments with others in global chat? Dont make me laugh.....