The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Solutions To Make Ash The Ninja Frame He Should Be

Spliffy_McGee

Let me start by saying Ash is by and far my favortie frame (sorry "Master race" fanboys) but it's clear that some of his skills are lacking.  These are a few ideas that myself and other players have come up with as far as his abilities are concerned:

First of all, Shuriken.  Quite simply, add the melee damage multiplier to it when you're invisible.

- Also, maybe up the number of Shurikens to 3 or 4?

- Maybe add a slight amount of punch-through?

- A mechanic to tell which targets are going to be hit?

Secondly, Teleport.  I'd love to see this buffed so that instead of staggering the enemy you teleport to, you instead teleport behind them and perform a stealth attack (regardless of whether they saw your or not), maybe with a small bonus multiplier.  Basically, a single-target Blade Storm.

-snip-

My idea to fix Teleport was that it would be a high damage attack that kept your momentum. Ash is already the most animation-heavy Warframe in the game, so why not continue it. Might as well be his speciality in being flashy.

For example, if you're sprinting to the front of a Grineer, you teleport in front of him in a sliding motion, leap up to strike him, do a flip, then land and continue at the speed you were sprinting. Doesn't break your momentum, closes the gap and deals moderate single-target damage. Different animations for using teleport while behind a target or in the air possibly. Stealth-kill animation if you use teleport while standing still. It should deal high damage as it's a single-target ability, and Ash IS THE ninja frame, so single-target damage should be his speciality. I was going to draw up sketches of the motion, but maybe I'll do that when I get around to opening my own thread about it.

Blade Storm: I really don't know.  Would be nice if you cycled through the enemies quicker I suppose.

-snip- As far as Blade Storm goes, what a lot of people have been pushing for for a long is the option to exit Blade Storm whenever you want. Even that small change would make a lot of people happy.

Wait until melee 2.0.

Once that comes around, give bladestorm across the board buffs and have it so that each enemy killed adds a large amount into the melee damage multiplier. On top of that let its damage be increased by the melee multiplier (and maybe even its animation speed?). Finally, have shurikens also add to the melee multiplier and you've got a pretty solid melee assassin frame on your hands that can power up to insane levels of melee damage quickly and then efficiently take out enemies.

Thoughts?

Edit: Added player suggestions.

Edit: Will be adding relevant suggestions as they show up.  Keep em coming!

Edit: Thread moved to Feedback... RIP

Edited by Spliffy_McGee

i like all of the suggestions. especially the teleport one. its not a huge buff, but adds an element of awesome ninja.

faster cycling through the kills would be good also for the blade storm, then you can get back to helping out the team or reviving if your team is needing that.

I think it would be cool if there was a targeting mechanism for shurikan or at least some indicator of what enemies the ability will target. Maybe like they auto target the two closest enemies to the reticle and a subtle highlight appears on the enemies that will be targeted if you use shurican. Obviously that mark would only appear for the ash btw

I can agree with your suggestions, to even the point that there is more to do from there. As far as Blade Storm goes, what a lot of people have been pushing for for a long is the option to exit Blade Storm whenever you want. Even that small change would make a lot of people happy.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Secondly, Teleport.  I'd love to see this buffed so that instead of staggering the enemy you teleport to, you instead teleport behind them and perform a stealth attack (regardless of whether they saw your or not), maybe with a small bonus multiplier.

Teleport is the only ability I've had a major issue with, with Ash. It utterly breaks his flow of speed and quick killing. I was going to make a thread about this but maybe you'll get more notice.

My idea to fix Teleport was that it would be a high damage attack that kept your momentum. Ash is already the most animation-heavy Warframe in the game, so why not continue it. Might as well be his speciality in being flashy.

For example, if you're sprinting to the front of a Grineer, you teleport in front of him in a sliding motion, leap up to strike him, do a flip, then land and continue at the speed you were sprinting. Doesn't break your momentum, closes the gap and deals moderate single-target damage. Different animations for using teleport while behind a target or in the air possibly. Stealth-kill animation if you use teleport while standing still. It should deal high damage as it's a single-target ability, and Ash IS THE ninja frame, so single-target damage should be his speciality. I was going to draw up sketches of the motion, but maybe I'll do that when I get around to opening my own thread about it.

Just my 2 pence.

EDIT: Also let's face it, Natural Talent should DEFINITELY affect Blade Storm. DE pls.

Edited by Rarnd

Teleport is the only ability I've had a major issue with, with Ash. It utterly breaks his flow of speed and quick killing. I was going to make a thread about this but maybe you'll get more notice.

Just my 2 pence.

EDIT: Also let's face it, Natural Talent should DEFINITELY affect Blade Storm. DE pls.

I love your idea for Teleport.  Gonna add it to the OP if you don't mind!

Wait until melee 2.0.

Once that comes around, give bladestorm across the board buffs and have it so that each enemy killed adds a large amount into the melee damage multiplier. On top of that let its damage be increased by the melee multiplier (and maybe even its animation speed?). Finally, have shurikens also add to the melee multiplier and you've got a pretty solid melee assassin frame on your hands that can power up to insane levels of melee damage quickly and then efficiently take out enemies.

Wait until melee 2.0.

This. 

I like the teleport idea, a single target blade storm that returns you behind the enemy. Rename it to backstab :)

Another possible suggestion is when you teleport to the target you cast a mini smoke bomb with a very short stun (1-3 seconds?) and no invisibility. This will allow ash to teleport into the fray and disrupt enemies without getting slapped immediately.

Wait until melee 2.0.

ah sort of like a killing frenzy. Sounds good!

People have been offering improvements to Ash for as long as, well, Ash. DE is notoriously stubborn when it comes to making alterations to older content in any way, especially frames, with any changes made immediately disappointing players due to the "buffs" [read: nerfs] that were implemented.
Were DE to make any changes to Ash, Ash enthusiasts would be disappointed, people who don't care about him would claim that nothing was lost from an already 'worthless frame', and he would be left to join the group with Volt and other less popular frames.
That said, I do desperately want Ash power changes, and hope that if/when they do come around, that they're for the better.

One easy fix:

Most, if not all of Ash's abilities, should have innate silence.

If he's our go-to stealth frame, his attacks shouldn't be able to alert the damn room.

Other fixes/tweaks/buffs:

Shuriken: Add the ability to concentrate projectiles on one foe. In terms of stealth, this allows you a higher guarantee of killing an enemy. While hitting multiple enemies at once is good, the damage dealt may not be enough, and will alert surviving targets.

Smoke Screen: N/A

Teleport: Turn it into an attack, and it'd be quite useful. Other suggest free-aim, but I'd just recommend Dual Zoren for that (unless it gets fixed)

Blade Storm: N/A