The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Shock

FitzSimmons

how about make shock into range attack like ember accelerant or radial blind rather than 5 enemies? because it often picks enemies randomly and not nearest enemies, especially if i use overextended + stretch, it goes for far enemies instead in front of me.
why don't make it radius and new animation like calling lightning and enemies in xx radius get struck by lightning that called by volt? :) oh and one more, make the electric colour effect on enemies follows volt's energy colour. even i change the energy to yellow, when enemies get hit by that its still violet. :D

Edited by buavita

how about make shock into range attack like ember accelerant or radial blind rather than 5 enemies? because it often picks enemies randomly and not nearest enemies, especially if i use overextended + stretch, it goes for far enemies instead in front of me.

why don't make it radius and new animation like calling lightning and enemies in xx radius get struck by lightning that called by volt? :) oh and one more, make the electric colour effect on enemies follows volt's energy colour. even i change the energy to yellow, when enemies get hit by that its still violet. :D

Volts shock is pretty powerful, mine still one shots a group of level 30 corpus sometimes. 

It's a very odd ability and I believe it does crit. I'd like to see the numbers fixed on it because it's definitely not doing 300 damage sometimes...

I think Volt's shock needs to be reworked. I think it should hit up to 5 enemies for the base damage, and then have a chance to proc from those initial hits. as it is now, Volt's Shock is considered to proc, but it is a built in proc. so at max it will hit 5 units, but those units don't take the full initial damage. 

I think it is kinda weak compared to the other #1 powers

Volts shock is pretty powerful, mine still one shots a group of level 30 corpus sometimes. 

It's a very odd ability and I believe it does crit. I'd like to see the numbers fixed on it because it's definitely not doing 300 damage sometimes...

no, i dont really mind about the dmg, but its utility. i could careless about damage because main reason of shock is to stun. and shock still has bug that enemies who trying to attack and get shocked at the same time don't get stunned :(

I've definitely seen it hit more than 5 enemies currently.

If you're taking that number from the wiki it's likely outdated. 

unfortunately it never happen to me :( and sometimes it when there are 2 close enemies it only stun 1 of them. is that supposed to be a bug?

I think Volt's shock needs to be reworked. I think it should hit up to 5 enemies for the base damage, and then have a chance to proc from those initial hits. as it is now, Volt's Shock is considered to proc, but it is a built in proc. so at max it will hit 5 units, but those units don't take the full initial damage. 

I think it is kinda weak compared to the other #1 powers

i think shock proc chance is 100% :)

if u talk about damage yes it's weak, but if u talk about utility its really strong, you can even spam shock to buy you time for reload :)

that's literally the most over powered number one ability I have seen in the history of ever, Volt's Shock is fine as a first ability (numbers may still need tweaking, but that's beside the point)

well sorry if my words made you think it needs to become OP. but i just want shock to stun better, because when it limited to 5 it also doesn't stun nearest enemies. it often skip nearest enemies and shock those who far from me. so maybe with additional number it can fix shock random hit. and maybe better animation :)

Shock is an amazing skill, please play the frame before you randomly cast aspersions please.  It seems like you aren't aiming the skill; it is a projectile like ember and frost's 1 abilities.  When i use Shock it consistently zaps everything on my screen dealing almost as much damage as my 4 would without electronics in the area.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Shock is an amazing skill, please play the frame before you randomly cast aspersions please.

i play volt like forever since beta. its amazing, but its often missed nearest enemies which i need to stun. and it doesnt always stun if u pay attention to all of your shocked enemies.

if u talk about damage yes it's weak, but if u talk about utility its really strong, you can even spam shock to buy you time for reload :)

So you are saying that The initial Shock will hit 5 people, and those 5 will take the full damage. Then those 5 first hits will 100% proc and chain to anyone else in the room, while also causing a minor stun??

Just being sure

So you are saying that The initial Shock will hit 5 people, and those 5 will take the full damage. Then those 5 first hits will 100% proc and chain to anyone else in the room, while also causing a minor stun??

Just being sure

5 people full damage :) yes anyone else but it doesnt guarantee that "anyone else" are those who havent get hit by shock. since chain damage is picking anyone randomly

I can pretty reliably stun everyone in front of me by chain-casting Shock.  It is effective vs all factions althrough vs grineer the damage falls off considerably due to their resistances and armor.  Nonetheless, the ability to stagger everything in a room limited only by energy reserves is excellent even without killing power (which it does not lack vs the other factions.)

Oh yeah, Alloy needs a change that it doesn't reduce electric damage by 50%.
Do you know what wears Alloy armor?

The most common of upper level grineer. Elite Lancers. 
The most common enemy you can find in grineer missions passed level 15 can tank pretty easily what would fry a level 25 Crewman. 

The damage is actually pretty good against crowds.  Each one you zap triggers 50% AoE damage to its neighbors, which can add up to a lot of damage.  Between that damage and its CC, it's my favorite #1 ability.

It is a pretty satisfying skill to use. 

most grineer in phobos, ceres, and corrupted grineer

It's funny how often Volt gets jumbled around in terms of usefulness. He was once god, and then he became solely good at Corpus while being neutral against Grineer, and useless against infested, and now he's decent against Corpus and Infested, and awful against grineer. 

It's funny how often Volt gets jumbled around in terms of usefulness. He was once god, and then he became solely good at Corpus while being neutral against Grineer, and useless against infested, and now he's decent against Corpus and Infested, and awful against grineer. 

he wont be awful against grineer if grineer explosion radius is like they used to be. electric shield and globe used to nullify napalm, bombard, and raptor, now its useless use elec shield against them. explosion radius is too damn big

As LukeAura pointed out, the 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 target limit that's stated in the wiki is outdated. I've observed Shock chaining to more than 5 enemies.

As for your proposal, that's basically how Shock currently works (except the status chance is 100% for every hit). This means that if I shock 5 enemies, each enemy is going to receive 200 base electricity damage. Each enemy will also take an additional 100 electricity damage, and spread that damage in a small AoE. This behavior can cause the secondary damage to overlap multiple times if enemies are clustered. Not to mention the secondary damage is affected by special body part multipliers.

rHGbOTW.jpg

^

As LukeAura pointed out, the 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 target limit that's stated in the wiki is outdated. I've observed Shock chaining to more than 5 enemies.

As for your proposal, that's basically how Shock currently works (except the status chance is 100% for every hit). This means that if I shock 5 enemies, each enemy is going to receive 200 base electricity damage. Each enemy will also take an additional 100 electricity damage, and spread that damage in a small AoE. This behavior can cause the secondary damage to overlap multiple times if enemies are clustered. Not to mention the secondary damage is affected by special body part multipliers.

rHGbOTW.jpg

im so sad it never happen to me :(((

rHGbOTW.jpg

Awesome... Thanks for the update and info^^