The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Rhino Prime's Speed Stays What Should We Give The Other Primes?

Eyeless

Title says it all. 

Not sure if this'll get moved to the Warframe Feedback section but ah well. Wasn't too sure on this one.

Anyway, so by now it's common knowledge that Rhino Prime is inherently faster than his non-blinged out dull vanilla counterpart. and when combined with a Vanguard helmet he's either just as fast or a little faster than Loki.

(Though I'm certain that a Loki with maxed rush is still the fastest frame in this game.)

To the point, if this Prime variant is going to remain stats-wise superior to his non-Prime version, what are the other Prime Frames going to get as buffs?

Because if Rhino Prime remains like this then the other Primes need something along these lines as well.

If you do not like that Rhino Prime is faster than Rhino then please talk about this on another thread.

If you do not think the Prime Frames should not have a superior stat over their non-Prime variant then please talk about this in another thread.

This thread is for suggestions and ideas on how to slightly buff the other Prime Frames so they too have a slight advantage over their non-Primed variants. 

Please, thank you, as always, give me your ideas community. 

Edited by Hastur609

Frost Prime could do with a movement speed buff as well then....

Mag Prime, mmm, slightly larger energy pool, maybe?

Ember Prime... power as well I guess.

Don't know anything about Excal so I'll pass on that one.

The idea is to not give them anything that gives them a very serious combat advantage (i.e. power strength or summat like that). You could argue that a larger energy pool (like, 25 more, maybe, is a lot, but cmon. It's not really).

Or you could just give them all movement buffs. I see no problem with that at all.

OH. And if we ever get Valkyr Prime (even though that's definitely not lore friendly)... MOAR ARMOUR PLEASE!!! :D

Ember Prime has only changed Polarities but none extra like all the other frames and noone cares... but if Rhino can move faster all of a sudden.. all hell brakes lose.

As to answer your question: Ember needs an additional Polarity... all the other Primes can stay as they are. Rhino Movespeed is a Bonus for him.. but something similar is NOT a necessity for other Primes.

Frost Prime could do with a movement speed buff as well then....

Mag Prime, mmm, slightly larger energy pool, maybe?

Ember Prime... power as well I guess.

Don't know anything about Excal so I'll pass on that one.

The idea is to not give them anything that gives them a very serious combat advantage (i.e. power strength or summat like that). You could argue that a larger energy pool (like, 25 more, maybe, is a lot, but cmon. It's not really).

Or you could just give them all movement buffs. I see no problem with that at all.

OH. And if we ever get Valkyr Prime (even though that's definitely not lore friendly)... MOAR ARMOUR PLEASE!!! :D

Yeah, to be honest I don't know what to do for Excalibur Prime either and I main the guy. It's been rumored he has slightly faster shield regen but I'll address my thoughts on that two posts below. 

As it is now...hmm...maybe added stamina? Excalibur already has a lot of Stamina. Excalibur Prime having even more sounds really useful, as I'm always moving with him.

Ember Prime has only changed Polarities but none extra like all the other frames and noone cares... but if Rhino can move faster all of a sudden.. all hell brakes lose.

As to answer your question: Ember needs an additional Polarity... all the other Primes can stay as they are. Rhino Movespeed is a Bonus for him.. but something similar is NOT a necessity for other Primes.

That advantage can be achieved with a simple forma, but I agree, she needs another innate polarity, as well as something else. I don't see anything wrong with making her faster as Ember is unnecessarily slow. 

I read Excal prime already had faster shield regeneration then regular Excal,  So I think he already has his.  That just leaves the rest.

Yeah, that's the thing though. It's negligible and shields are kinda meh when it comes to high level content anyway. If it's to be considered an advantage it needs to be noticeably faster ya know? 

p4aVAnE.jpg

God that would be so hilarious I can't even...

I laughed and strangely I'd be okay with this being a thing. 

Ember/Ember Prime still slow as sloths while Rhino get's to run figure eight (I wonder if people will get that.)?

Give Ember Prime the speed boost and give rhino an armor buff or something.

In fact, why should this only be for Primes. It's ridiculous overall. Make the tank go at a proper speed and make the slow as hell squishy caster go at at least a moderately swift speed.

IN FACT (goes on a rant about silly things across all the frames)

Sorry I'm getting of topic.

Take the buff of Rhino and just focus on making the Primes eye candy. Just kick the swag up 10 notches. Fancy particle effects/aura and redone ability effects. etc. etc. All that good stuff. Kind of like Legendaries in GW2...well the few good ones anyway...don't be lazy like ANet.

WOAH WOAH SLOW IT DOWN NOW

Anyway, so by now it's common knowledge that Rhino Prime is inherently faster than his non-blinged out dull vanilla counterpart. and when combined with a Vanguard helmet he's either just as fast or a little faster than Loki.

Are you so sure?
I think it's just a clerical error. A typo.

I haven't seen any videos showing Rhino and Rhino Prime running side by side.

I haven't seen any definite evidence at all, actually. If any exists, would you kindly post it?

I find the conclusion that DE made a typo, which they have a history of doing, much more plausible than the conclusion that a Prime frame has a stat advantage over its normal counterpart, which is completely unprecedented.

I read Excal prime already had faster shield regeneration then regular Excal,  So I think he already has his.  That just leaves the rest.

And where'd you read that, exactly?
Because, to the best of my knowledge, all the frames have the same unmodded shield regeneration.

Edited by Knaimhe

Are you so sure?

I haven't seen any definite evidence at all, actually. If any exists, would you kindly post it.

Excal Prime does NOT have faster shield regen. This is a falsity that arose on the wiki from poor anecdotal evidence.

I think they should each patch their greatest weakness. Since Rhino's speed is his weakest attribute, that makes sense. Ember could get medium armor. Mag could get some health. Frost could also get speed, I guess. Excal... he's kind of all-around anyways. Maybe power max?

Excal Prime does NOT have faster shield regen. This is a falsity that arose on the wiki from poor anecdotal evidence.

I think they should each patch their greatest weakness. Since Rhino's speed is his weakest attribute, that makes sense. Ember could get medium armor. Mag could get some health. Frost could also get speed, I guess. Excal... he's kind of all-around anyways. Maybe power max?

I'd argue armor is pretty suckish right now. Ember Prime would need Valkyr levels of armor just for there to be a difference. DE isn't about to do that though, so something else will have to do.

lol........nobody wanted primes to have extra benefits

DE ignores everyone's opinions (kinda)

Rhino Prime gets a SMALL speed buff

now everyone is like welllllllllllll I gueeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss we could give everyone a small buff

lol...

good nite

We don't know Rhino Prime is actually faster.  It could be an error in stat posting which happens frequently.

We know Ember is missing a polarity slot though... That needs to get fixed.

The benefit to Primes is the look and the extra polarity slot. Ember got shorted.

Now, if we want to say that the other benefit to Primes is a really good looking helmet... Then Mag got shorted too.

Are you so sure?

I haven't seen any definite evidence at all, actually. If any exists, would you kindly post it?

I find the conclusion that DE made a typo, which they have a history of doing, much more plausible than the conclusion that a Prime frame has a stat advantage over its normal counterpart, which is completely unprecedented.

And where'd you read that, exactly?

Because, to the best of my knowledge, all the frames have the same unmodded shield regeneration.

Look at the wiki. Rhino Prime's speed boost IS confirmed, as well as the slightly higher shield regen for Excal Prime. That's been common knowledge for a long time.