Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Orbs

theRCB

Hello everyone,

So I was just laying in bed when something popped in my head. Basically what I was thinking was, Ability Orbs. These are special "rare" orbs. These things are exactly as they sound, for your Ability's. When you pick this item up in a game it gives you full energy, and a temporary, use once only, special power to go along with it.

Your energy HUD will start flashing and tell you that you have a secret ability you can use. You can now use this ability simply by pressing 5 on the keyboard, or whatever your "5th skill" is set as. I think this would be a really cool feature, especially when your playing with very un-tank-ish players. The skills, may even have a small extra boost on damage/range. Because what if you run into getting the same ultimate skill as what you have already?

Once you use the newly gained ability, the energy goes back to zero, or half of however much you had before picking up the orbs. 

Anyways, I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. My grammar sucks, and I need a hair cut.

LARGE AMMOUNT OF TEXT

I get what you are saying and it sounds good. But would be hard to pull off and seems a bit.. off. No clue how to put it. Maybe make it look like the regular energy orbs you find from enemies but slightly more energetic and unstable. When you pick it up it over charges your warframes energy to twice it's max level and rapidly the energy begins to bleed away. Durning this over charge time you would have a kind of electric effect over your warframe and if an enemy was close enough it zapped them for the cost of x% of the over charge energy.

During this time you would have two options. One would be to dump all your energy into one of your abilities. This would make the ability unstable but also more powerful. example: overcharged Rhino stomp. The range of the stomp is trippled and the time enemies are suspended in time is doubled. Normal damage is done to them. There is a large chance for you to entrap your self in the time disruption causing you to move as though you had hobbled dragon key equipped for the duration of the ability (wouldnt be that bad since you just put the entire level into stasis.

or slash dash: damage done is doubled and dash length is doubled. Area around you in which enemies are hit during the dash is doubled. colliding with terrain causes large damage to your self as well as you to be knocked down for a few seconds.

And the second part would be your idea of a 5th ability but i would say, Make it so you attempt to combine two of your first abilities to make a more powerful version or a version that behaves diffrently like volt uses his shield with his electric bolt (forgot the name) to create a floating wall of electric energy that reduces the damage of enemie attacks that pass through it by half and turns your attacks to electric while also dealing constant medium damage to enemies that walk through it or stand in it.

just my thoughts

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--

LARGE AMMOUNT OF TEXT

I get what you are saying and it sounds good. But would be hard to pull off and seems a bit.. off. No clue how to put it. Maybe make it look like the regular energy orbs you find from enemies but slightly more energetic and unstable. When you pick it up it over charges your warframes energy to twice it's max level and rapidly the energy begins to bleed away. Durning this over charge time you would have a kind of electric effect over your warframe and if an enemy was close enough it zapped them for the cost of x% of the over charge energy.

During this time you would have two options. One would be to dump all your energy into one of your abilities. This would make the ability unstable but also more powerful. example: overcharged Rhino stomp. The range of the stomp is trippled and the time enemies are suspended in time is doubled. Normal damage is done to them. There is a large chance for you to entrap your self in the time disruption causing you to move as though you had hobbled dragon key equipped for the duration of the ability (wouldnt be that bad since you just put the entire level into stasis.

or slash dash: damage done is doubled and dash length is doubled. Area around you in which enemies are hit during the dash is doubled. colliding with terrain causes large damage to your self as well as you to be knocked down for a few seconds.

And the second part would be your idea of a 5th ability but i would say, Make it so you attempt to combine two of your first abilities to make a more powerful version or a version that behaves diffrently like volt uses his shield with his electric bolt (forgot the name) to create a floating wall of electric energy that reduces the damage of enemie attacks that pass through it by half and turns your attacks to electric while also dealing constant medium damage to enemies that walk through it or stand in it.

just my thoughts

That is about the right idea there, I was just too lazy to write it all out, and also my grammar is awful as i stated before. So yes this is what i was pretty much thinking. :D

Edit: And yes the combining of two skills would be better. Thank you for this. lol.

Edited by pandaf00l

Why not have additional powers, like slash dash or stomp that are found in the wild. Make a "Friend of the Stalker" character, and he has 5 unique frame mods. When Huntsman dies, he has a 15% chance to drop any of them (so a 25% for nothing). These mods are placed in the 5th frame power slot and used like normal abilities.

There also exists the possibility that the Huntsman is Infested, creating Corrupted Powers (Such as the Stomp you described, more powerful than normal, with a drawback).