Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignore And/or Ban List

Hammie

So I've been running into an issue of slackers or idlers in defense missions as of late. These people dont pull their weight, but instead sit atop a crate and just wait for each wave to finish before hopping down and collecting all the mods that drop, only to hop back onto the crate and wait for the next wave to end. They dont contribute to the mission, they dont rez people who get downed, nada.

Mind you, i dont mind helping people out, or those low levels who arent able to put out decent amounts of damage but are in desperate need for mods, so im not referring to these individuals. I'm referring to the people who deliberately sit there and do nothing, because even low level players are capable of getting more than 5 kills across several waves, where as these problem individuals dont.

Thus i propose the implementation of an ignore / ban list. The name of individuals can be added to this list in the same way they are to your friends list. However, not only does this prevent you from seeing their chat in global or squad chat / whispers, but also prevents these individuals from joining games that -you- yourself host in the future. I know this might seem like a tall order considering this is based on just experiences in a single map type, but i also feel there should be a way to prevent problematic players from not only benefiting from doing absolutely nothing, but doing so at the expense of others' efforts.

Theres always going to be griefers, trolls, troublemakers, etc in every game you play, but currently there is no way to 'deal' with these individuals yourself other than to report them, and who knows how much good reporting someone for being a jerk will do. We need more options than "Report, leave the game, or start a private match". Private matches are a partial solution to this yes, but only if you have enough friends interested in running those missions with you. What we need is a way to deal with troublemakers in -public- games.

I agree with this completely.

I have ran a few missions where the people dont do anything, and in some matches wont even help someone open a door if the other people are busy killing enemies or collecting mods.

Being able to ignore/ban these people from joining matches you host would be a welcome ability. I also think that it would be good to implement a vote kick system so that if they do that you can kick them out of the mission so they cant leech anymore off of it.

I agree with this completely.

I have ran a few missions where the people dont do anything, and in some matches wont even help someone open a door if the other people are busy killing enemies or collecting mods.

Being able to ignore/ban these people from joining matches you host would be a welcome ability. I also think that it would be good to implement a vote kick system so that if they do that you can kick them out of the mission so they cant leech anymore off of it.

I had considered a vote kick feature, but the problem with this is it'd just be abused by people. Particularly by the vary same ones who we'd want to not be in our games xD. The ignore feature i think would work better since it'd just prevent bad apples from joining all together, negating any potential abuse of such features :)

I had considered a vote kick feature, but the problem with this is it'd just be abused by people. Particularly by the vary same ones who we'd want to not be in our games xD. The ignore feature i think would work better since it'd just prevent bad apples from joining all together, negating any potential abuse of such features :)

I think the only way it could be abused is if they can get a majority of the group to vote to kick you, eg, more that 50%.

Basically to kick someone in a 3 man group you would need 2 votes for, in a four man group you would need 3 votes to do it.

I think the only way it could be abused is if they can get a majority of the group to vote to kick you, eg, more that 50%.

Basically to kick someone in a 3 man group you would need 2 votes for, in a four man group you would need 3 votes to do it.

There's a game I won't name that added a vote-to-kick feature, and something came up - if you and a friend join two 'less savory individuals', you have a stalemate. They can essentially abuse you until you give up and leave. Now, this wouldnt matter Most of the time, but when you get in a [?] alert that had 6 minutes left, and 7 minutes of abuse in you're left with the option of taking more abuse or leaving and missing out... eew.

Potentially better solution: give us an "I like my group the way it is" button. Essentially what "Private" Should be - nobody can join unless invited.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a month old, but it deserves a bump. It would be great to be able to blacklist people you don't want to play with. Between rushers, and people using racial slurs thinking they are hip there are two or three people I'd prefer to avoid.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a month old, but it deserves a bump. It would be great to be able to blacklist people you don't want to play with. Between rushers, and people using racial slurs thinking they are hip there are two or three people I'd prefer to avoid.

I agree I just played a match with somone who would drag behind or rush ahead and grab everyhting compelte the objective and then cause a bunch of mobs to spawn and it would be chaos. They then proceeded to greif the team by tring to keep them from getting on elevators and  spammin gte door control as well as shootin gout any windows they could find. The oither play in ther party didnt help by name calling. There should be somesort of ignore list or blacklist so, if anything you have a les sliky chance of getting paired with that player. Xbox live....I know some people hate it but it has a "avoid this player" optin then a list of reasons anywhere from they were jsut too good to, they were rude or greifing the team. And by choosing to avoid the sereer would try to avoid pairing you and that person on the same team. plus if you have a person who thinks they are soo amazng and black lists everyone then they will never get paired with a team xD. Now this seems unsportmas like but comeon if a person is being a pain and you been in two alerts with the same person who just doesnt get their behavior is inappoperate then I think they dersered to get put on an ignore list.