Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode Ideas

Darkcell

I like the current line up of game modes that are currently in the game; however, I wish there were more modes in the game.

Some ideas.

1. Setting bombs/key locations. Escaping while ship/building is collapsing, showcasing more of the acrobatic/stunt shooting maneuvers in the game to maneuver through wreckage.

2. Capture the points, variation in defense. Clear area and then keep for 1-2 minutes to secure and move to the next point. maybe add boss to the end of level?

3. Guantlet. Having an "almost" impossible enemy chase you while going through a guantlet of mobs, super powered enemy continues to push you through the level, if you fall behind you fail. Having areas that need to be cleared before being able to proceed to push a sense of urgency. Maybe as an introduction to a raid encounter. Alert must be completed by one group on server to trigger raid event?

4. This one kind of ties into my last, but introducing said super powered enemy as a raid encounter and allowing match making with 4 other groups to start the encounter? Allows showcasing of synergy between warframes. Having multiple groups being able join one mission to kill one major mob, maybe as an additional alert mission that happens twice a day?

Just throwing up some ideas, I am no way in game development but I do know that more choices will create more replayability.

Also, I like the randomizer idea for the maps too for rooms, but I think there needs to be more rooms created to pull from that pool. More environments would be awesome too, for instance, Mars shouldn't really have snow on planet maps.

I like the current line up of game modes that are currently in the game; however, I wish there were more modes in the game.

Some ideas.

1. Setting bombs/key locations. Escaping while ship/building is collapsing, showcasing more of the acrobatic/stunt shooting maneuvers in the game to maneuver through wreckage.

2. Capture the points, variation in defense. Clear area and then keep for 1-2 minutes to secure and move to the next point. maybe add boss to the end of level?

3. Guantlet. Having an "almost" impossible enemy chase you while going through a guantlet of mobs, super powered enemy continues to push you through the level, if you fall behind you fail. Having areas that need to be cleared before being able to proceed to push a sense of urgency. Maybe as an introduction to a raid encounter. Alert must be completed by one group on server to trigger raid event?

4. This one kind of ties into my last, but introducing said super powered enemy as a raid encounter and allowing match making with 4 other groups to start the encounter? Allows showcasing of synergy between warframes. Having multiple groups being able join one mission to kill one major mob, maybe as an additional alert mission that happens twice a day?

Just throwing up some ideas, I am no way in game development but I do know that more choices will create more replayability.

Also, I like the randomizer idea for the maps too for rooms, but I think there needs to be more rooms created to pull from that pool. More environments would be awesome too, for instance, Mars shouldn't really have snow on planet maps.

To address some of your points:

1) Escaping while the area is collapsing is sometimes, but rarely, done in sabotage missions where after completing the objective you are given 5 minutes to leave. I do like the objective idea though.

2) Capture the points/king of the hill style maps would be quite fun and a new way to pull it off. Currently mobile defense is somewhat like this, but doing it without having to worry about defending a vulnerable object would a lot more fun.

3) This idea sounds interesting, but if its anything like how they do it in dynasty warrior games I would find the way to kill the enemies chasing me just for the added challenge.

4) With 4 warframes much of this is too easy as it is, and I dont think making a map with 4 groups but much strong enemies would in the end be any harder or more fun than it is currently.

Some ideas.

Somewhat in already. One of the random secondary objectives is a timed evacuation because "the ship lost its integrity" , adding enviromental hazzards to that is not a bad idea though.

Already in. It is called "Mobile Defense", except for the boss part is exactly what you describe, plus you need to carry a pack to the capture points.

Raid content is imporbable. Warframe uses P2P servers, meaning that one of the player also acts like the host. A lot of PCs already are having problems coping with that with 4 players around, do the math.

The rest sounds like just an arbitrary mechnic for a time limit for room clearing. Don't really have anything against that, but does not seem anything special to me.

See above. Special assassination Alerts where you meet high level varieties of planet bossess already exist. Making them more challenging in said alerts is not a bad idea, but bosses in general are due for a rework as it is.

Remember, in any WF game, one player's PC, apart from running the game, also does all of the server work and also needs to be albe to send and recieve stuff from other players.

Both are planned as far as I know and added progressively.

More to the fun side.

What do you think of parkour? I know it's optional currently. As of now, there are vessels in the space that are "partly damaged" or something, it could be used as a way to create a level completely revolving around the use of parkour-maneuvers (there's no real use for it currently, except some really flashy melee kills, and optional areas)

Also, as some of you may have noticed, on the open world areas in Venus, there is a big hill / slope to an elevator.

I would love to see a slide-map, maybe like, a one where you have to slide during the whole level shooting security cameras to prevent sliding to lasers, and occasionally jumping over gaps and lasers.

Then of course, Stealth missions.

Optional, stealth only challenges within missions have been confirmed as far as I know. I'd rather not have missions that force stealth on pain of failure though.

On the subject of stealth, I'd rather have missions that force stealth on pain of greatly increased enemy count - as in, I know there's already like 3x the number of enemies when you alert them, but I'd say 5x.

On the subject of stealth, I'd rather have missions that force stealth on pain of greatly increased enemy count - as in, I know there's already like 3x the number of enemies when you alert them, but I'd say 5x.

Which would be immidealty farmed by people looking for mods/money.

Unless you remove them in which the entire thing becomes a pointless annoyance that favors a bigger or smaller portion of the playerbase that likes to play around with stealth.

Stealth is an optional component, it should be rewarded by optional objectives. Players should not be punished for not picking it as their playstyle.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback, these are just ideas I had that I thought would be fun to add into the game. Please use this thread and drop in some more criticism/feedback or ideas that you guys have to add to the game. I think parkour maps would be awesome considering thats a huge part of the game but doesn't seem like it needs to be utilized yet.

Which would be immidealty farmed by people looking for mods/money.

Unless you remove them in which the entire thing becomes a pointless annoyance that favors a bigger or smaller portion of the playerbase that likes to play around with stealth.

Stealth is an optional component, it should be rewarded by optional objectives. Players should not be punished for not picking it as their playstyle.

You make valid points - for the counter, I have naught to say but the following: how would you think that would be farming? It's not like endless defence. They should have the normal chances to drop mods and such, but on higher levels those extra enemies would be dropping lower-rarity mods. Plus, the alerts should have a limited radius.

You make valid points - for the counter, I have naught to say but the following: how would you think that would be farming? It's not like endless defence. They should have the normal chances to drop mods and such, but on higher levels those extra enemies would be dropping lower-rarity mods. Plus, the alerts should have a limited radius.

Or maybe giving a higher reward at the end of the mission versus drops in the game for completing the mission in stealth.

Assault/Raid (8 player): Two groups of tenno must assault a single facility from seperate points/locations. One team cannot progress without assistance from the other on their end, checkpoints must be secured as they reach deeper into the facility where at its innermost resides the boss. The two teams must work together in order to overcome all odds and defeat the boss and its minions using whatever tactics necessary.