Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith. Thoughts?

X3Evanescence

One thing to note, the echo the gun emits is full of awesomeness. Thanks DE.

It seemed the stats of this gun is unchanged since it was revealed in the Codex. Accuracy wise, I still feel that the bullets are coming out from around the gun and not the barrel... And at first glance the weapon's damage seems low, but the firerate increase is noticeable. Can't wait to Forma this baby and see how it works.

Thoughts on Gorgon Wraith?

Dig it. 3.0 reload speed, more firing rate, and more accurate. More rounds on target, more rounds in the air, less time reloading. Huge DPS increase, without damage numbers going up, so it won't be FOTM for too long.

Threw the Desert Camo skin on it so I could color it like the normal one.

Definitely something I'll use often.

Impact is the worst damage type. Why more impact? Overall, the DPS is not as high as it looks on paper.

4th faction... Infested new enemies... don't be foolish Tenno!

because grineer's enemies are the corpus

and impact affects the corpus the most

This. Grineer weapons are all either Impact or Slash based (not including the special cases like Ogris and Ignis), which are the most effective non-elemental damage types against Corpus. On the flip side, Corpus weapons are specialized against Grineer, since they are widely Piercing damage and the Detron is Radiation type.

Dig it. 3.0 reload speed, more firing rate, and more accurate. More rounds on target, more rounds in the air, less time reloading. Huge DPS increase, without damage numbers going up, so it won't be FOTM for too long.

But the accuracy is still terrible outside midrange, although the spread is somewhat controllable. The buffed reload speed is quite the godsend, the whole action of this gun feels much more smooth compared to the original Gorgon.

Of course we were not expecting a Soma-tier or Brakk-tier weapon, right? Right? *cough*

Nevertheless it is time for dakka. Lots and lots of dakka.

the accuracy and recoil is comfortably nice. I could spray her bullets all day with Rifle Mutation and still kill.

the wind-up speed is fast too, you could forget how bad it is on the vanilla Gorgon.

Edited by faustias

I'm a little underwhelmed to be honest. And I'm getting a mixed feeling because of it.

In one hand, it's not too powerful or OP enough for people to riot for a nerf

.. on the other, the gun feels a little lacking compared to other powerful guns we have available.

All in all, not bad.

You can use the Desert Camo Skin on it?!!!  WOOOOOO!   Im guessing i can also use my Day of the Dead skin as well then!

Thanks for rewarding your loyal PAYING members by letting us use our expensive Gorgon skins DE!   cheers!

You can use the Desert Camo Skin on it?!!! WOOOOOO! Im guessing i can also use my Day of the Dead skin as well then!

Thanks for rewarding your loyal PAYING members by letting us use our expensive Gorgon skins DE! cheers!

But but but... The design's awesome D:

The weapon is really.... Satisfying to use! Feels like a weapon. Although no polarities hurt we have AFFINITY BOOSTERS, now I know why! DE is trying to compensate and make us use Formas on this baby!

Edited by X3Evanescence