Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - Seperate Slot For Ammo Mods

SgtCapricorn

Right now, almost no one uses +Amoo Maximum mods because they're just never worth the loss of damage.

I humbly suggest a new set of mod slots.

This would be 2 - 3 Slots enterly seperate from all other mod slots.

It would only fit its own sort of mods, such mod would include things such as:

-Additinatiol Maximum Ammo for Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistol (All seperate mods)

-Ammo Mutation for Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistol

-Gradual automatic Regeneration of Ammo for Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistol

-Additional Ammo on pick up for each weapon type.

The maximum mod slots would be unlimited, the only cost is the cost of making the mods the correct level.

To be honest i pre fare having full control over my mod slots.

Also this sort of change will have no positive effect on anyone that uses weapons with good ammo economy.

The primary reason for the suggestion is to make the ammo mods something you actually want, and something that you would bother to upgrade.

It's not to make ammo too easy to get.

Things could be balanced.

No. Mods are not a damage/gear progression, they are a choice. We need to make utility WORTH BRINGING. If running out of ammo doesn't cost people enough DPS, then make it give more ammo than it does now or make guns carry less ammo. The mod being meaningless is the problem, not the slots.

Although, I like the sound of what they're doing with Melee 2.0 where everything has damage on it. Utility would have significantly LESS damage than a dedicated damage mod, but not ZERO damage. That's a compromise I would accept, as you are still giving up damage to get utility, but it would work better in the current system.

In a perfect world, there would be no actual damage mods like Serration. Only utility mods that also did +damage, or damage mods that only worked on conditions like headshot or multiple targets hit by the same attack or some such.

My 2¢ IMHO.

No. Mods are not a damage/gear progression, they are a choice. We need to make utility WORTH BRINGING. If running out of ammo doesn't cost people enough DPS, then make it give more ammo than it does now or make guns carry less ammo. The mod being meaningless is the problem, not the slots.

Although, I like the sound of what they're doing with Melee 2.0 where everything has damage on it. Utility would have significantly LESS damage than a dedicated damage mod, but not ZERO damage. That's a compromise I would accept, as you are still giving up damage to get utility, but it would work better in the current system.

In a perfect world, there would be no actual damage mods like Serration. Only utility mods that also did +damage, or damage mods that only worked on conditions like headshot or multiple targets hit by the same attack or some such.

My 2¢ IMHO.

It's good to read some sense before bed. Thanks :)

The benefits of ammo mods is intangible.

That is the problem. 

Yes DPS only matters if you are shooting and have ammo to shoot, but even if you do not use ammo mutation or extra ammo mods.

There is still ammo restore and pick ups.

At least for Reload and ROF mods, there is still a rather apparent effect on your DPS. 

For example I like the 1.5 second reload of my Karak with Fast hands since the small ammo mag size means a fast reload has a noticeable benefit in sustained DPS.

So that is the problem with ammo mods, there is no tangible DPS boost.

The player doesn't feel it. Even ammo mutation is just a convenience tool because if you have enough ammo restores, you don't even need it.

We need to make utility WORTH BRINGING. If running out of ammo doesn't cost people enough DPS, then make it give more ammo than it does now or make guns carry less ammo. The mod being meaningless is the problem, not the slots.

Right now, almost no one uses +Amoo Maximum mods because they're just never worth the loss of damage.

Here is where the two above points intersect Nerf Ammo Capacity on Powerful Weapons