The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Requirement As A Balance Feature

Mastikator2

I'm not gonna rag on mastery rank as a requirement feature, I think it's fine (although, I think buying a 'frame or weapon should let you bypass that req, but that's not what this topic is about).

What this topic is about is the fact that there's a clear imbalance between warframes and DE seems to be fine with this. In fact, this imbalance is an intended feature AFAIK. But what is lacking is how only one of the overpowered warframes have any mastery rank requirement.

So I propose we add the warframes to the mastery ladder.

The most powerful (Nova) is the Soma of warframes, and deserve the mastery rank of 6.

Rhino a close second should have mastery rank 4 or 5 (not the current measly 2).

Trinity is also extremely powerful and should have at least 4.

I also want to put Vauban, Nyx, Zephyr Saryn at 3.

I'd put Mag and Loki at 2, and let people who choose those as beginner 'frames bypass this req.

Frost, Nekros, Oberon, Saryn at 2 also. 

Ember and Volt require rank 1.

Ash, Banshee, Excalibur, Valkyr are unranked.

Thoughts? The list I did was haphazard and based on my personal experience playing with them, so it's easily subject to change, in fact, come with suggestions on how you'd change it.

The drop tables should then be changed accordingly, because for example you can get rhino in venus now, and it's mostly the first frame new players build.

Also resource requirements then shouldn't force a new player to go through all of the solar system.

And also mastery rank 6 isn't that hard to acquire.

I was just gonna make this thread this afternoon too!

Personally starter frames should be unranked mastery or frames should be unlock with mastery the higher their level teir

excalibur and frost would be the highest and rhino and Oberon would be the lowest

simply because it has more flow as you work towards Pluto.

Why not.

Because mastery-gating things that cater to different playstyles is stupid?

If a lowbie wants taxi'd or w/e to farm for say, nyx, why would they be happy with seeing "We're sorry, but you arbitrarily cannot build this frame until you grind out 20 more pieces of gear to 30"?

Also, last i knew, nova was -not- mastery gated et al.

And the imbalance of frames is largely perception, nova can blow down a whole room.....at lower levels, higher levels her ult is more for the slow and increase in damage

Volt is largely considered the weakest frame....But yet i can top the Damage and kill charts by doing things like using overload to stun enemies (Even grineer, the proc is 100% and forced) and pop dozens of easy headshots on massive groups.

Some frames -do- need work (Ash being one) but overall they really have no major effect on the gameplay, but they do affect and cater to different playstyles.

/thread

I really dislike tiering characters like this, I'd love to see Excalibur as viable as Rhino, etc.

Any amazing player can make good use of a subpar frame though, people really do appreciate me when I am defending as Oberon.

I know Rhino is mastery locked, but he's the only one.  And I believe Trinity is OP at the moment, but thats just my view.  I guess I wouldn't be against it.

Meh sorry but i dont like the idea, this will only lead to a point where some frames will be ignored because they have a low rank, while we would get OP mastery 9 frames in future.

Weapons should have a tier set, frames should all be at the same point in a way.

Many will hate, I've suggested a mastery revamp + tiering thread before.

Ended up deleting it because of the hate I got from the community.

I agree with you all the way though.

This community is afraid of change and adding abit of progression to obtaining stuff.

GL OP.

Many will hate, I've suggested a mastery revamp + tiering thread before.

Ended up deleting it because of the hate I got from the community.

I agree with you all the way though.

This community is afraid of change and adding abit of progression to obtaining stuff.

GL OP.

It's a not a fear of Progression, it's a fear of adding complexity where none is needed.

I like to think of our current Frame arsenal as a toolbox, each Frame is a different tool, Which means depending on the job required, You'd need a different tool. When it comes to frames, There is no Clear End all be all frame, Weapons are an entirely different subject, as there is a form of progression.

It's a not a fear of Progression, it's a fear of adding complexity where none is needed.

I like to think of our current Frame arsenal as a toolbox, each Frame is a different tool, Which means depending on the job required, You'd need a different tool. When it comes to frames, There is no Clear End all be all frame, Weapons are an entirely different subject, as there is a form of progression.

Yea sure, why not just abolish the whole mastery system because it's "not needed".

What's it doing here then?

I don't think we understand each other really well.

I won't argue about this again. It was hell explaining my points before and I'm really bad at explaining stuff.

Let's just leave it to this.

What I'm trying to say is, every Frame has a purpose, and the other frames won't do their job better than that Frame, so a progression system where progression doesn't make sense, Shouldn't happen.