The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Ash Fix

ZayTM

Rather than overhauling Ash entirely, I think he could be made significantly better by just making a change to Bladestorm: rather than killing targets one at a time, each enemy is killed at the same time. It would look amazing, it would be a callback to ninja fiction (the ability to create copies, or at least move at unbelievable speeds), and it would solve the main problem with the ability (the incredibly long time it takes to use).

I can't take credit for this idea, but I felt that it was so excellent that I had to post it here.

This wouldn't Fix Ash, He still needs a Rework, All his abilites Rely on Damage, and the Utility that some have, is terrible.

He's an Aggressive Stealth frame, that's bad at both being Aggressive and Stealthy.

He NEEDS a rework, plain and simple.

I like the idea you have with the speed clones. Although I guess smoke clones could work to the same effect, having the power to be so fast to appear in multiple places at once is so much cooler.

Or, at the very damn least, make it so that Natural Talent affects Bladestorm already, god dammit DE.

Is that why ash is broken? just cause his ability takes a long time to finish... didn't had that feeling from it at all.

would rater say, ash is broken cause theres no abilities to quickly help or for strategy, something useful enough that makes all is weakness be tolerable.

I love Ash to death, but he does need a rework. Especially his Teleport (which so many Ash players shun the crap out of). Teleport is simply too limited for it to be a useful utility. All the more recent frames are much better with their utility/travel abilities AND those abilities happen to do some damage as well. Personally its a bit too difficult to teleport to certain targets at range if they are moving fast (especially your own teammates). This ability just needs more freedom to move about instead of enemy/ally specific targets.

Bladestorm does take a bit too long for my tastes as well. I have literally ran across the house for some fruit and came back with a few seconds to wait til he was done using his ult. And on top of that if there is a Nova with you and at any time during your ult she uses MPrime, it just ruins Ash's ult because it more often than not kills everything that was targeted by Ash.

I've been thinking quite a bit about how Ash could be improved. I came up with 3 ideas. One would be changing Shuriken to throw at least 3 at a time in an outward cone so it could used for a bit of CC due to the stagger effect of it.

Another would be to rework Teleport so that transported Ash to a target using a single target attack similar to Bladestorm's current animation, while sending out an stun AOE on impact similar to how Smokescreen currently works. This way it could be used to single out a target in a group as well as mild CC on groups.

Finally reworking Bladestorm, I was thinking something akin to a marked for death ability. A radial skill which deals damage while also adding a debuff such as enemies under it's effect deal less damage while taking more damage or maybe have a bleed DOT for the ability's duration after it's initial damage.

I like your ideas for Teleport and Shuriken, especially turning Teleport into a single-target Bladestorm. A marked for death ability doesn't really feel very much like Ash to me. I always see him as an elusive damage dealer, primarily, so maybe it could do something to combine those assets. If the ability is going to be changed entirely, I would prefer to keep it focused on massive burst damage.

Another idea I had was that Ash disappears for a second as streaks of energy are seen zipping about in the area (in reality Ash moving at near light speed). When he reappears, all enemies in the radius are dealt massive Slash damage (or perhaps the damage would be based on his melee weapon's elements, enabling him to be useful against grineer as well), staggered, and blinded.

I've been thinking quite a bit about how Ash could be improved. I came up with 3 ideas. One would be changing Shuriken to throw at least 3 at a time in an outward cone so it could used for a bit of CC due to the stagger effect of it.

Another would be to rework Teleport so that transported Ash to a target using a single target attack similar to Bladestorm's current animation, while sending out an stun AOE on impact similar to how Smokescreen currently works. This way it could be used to single out a target in a group as well as mild CC on groups.

Finally reworking Bladestorm, I was thinking something akin to a marked for death ability. A radial skill which deals damage while also adding a debuff such as enemies under it's effect deal less damage while taking more damage or maybe have a bleed DOT for the ability's duration after it's initial damage.

Am I the only one who thinks Bladestorm should be akin to Ryu's Dragon Sword Charge Attack from Ninja Gaiden? Honestly, I feel like DE should just cite from the Hyabusa Playbook, and give us a fun "Ninja."

EDIT: mixed up attacks

Edited by kill3r_furby

Am I the only one who thinks Bladestorm should be akin to Ryu's Whirlwind Blades from Ninja Gaiden? Honestly, I feel like DE should just cite from the Hyabusa Playbook, and give us a fun "Ninja."

Not everyone know wtf that looks like.