The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Aim For Ash Is Bad! -Ish

Shashu

On mosty every Ash suggestion or comment people want free aim on his teleport, all because nova can. It just wont work.

Why? Nova portal is for escaping only, or getting to places fast at long distance, it isn't for engaging. While Ash on the other hand is all about engaging a target at long distances or incase to escape if it gets to hot. 

Example: I see an elite in the midst of a group at long range and want to kill it... i quickly aim at it.... and miss a few millimeters... now am on the other side of it ether facing a wall or land somewhere i don't wanna be.

Right now people tend to spam teleport a few times till it hits the target on the dot, which is annoying but easy. Making the hit range of teleport would be alot more helpful but people will have a habit doing that and may be teleporting past targets if it turns into free aim. Not only that.... i don't wanna teleport into walls all the time just to get to places or trying to judge his range as i cant tell.

Best why to solve it? Combine it with something throwable.

Example: A throwable blade/shuriken/ball that can be teleported where it ever it lands on and mid air, this would help knowing that you hit the target you wanting and control where you want to teleport in distance rather faceplanting into a wall where ever you target.

1: We can change shuriken to combined with teleport which gives us a new 3rd skill to what ever you want.

2: Change shuriken to work with teleport but keep teleport as 3rd skill.

3: Change teleport itself in having a throwble object before teleporting.

This will still be free aim but with control.

Edit: Valkry has control on her free aim ripline. Just the rolling on land can be annoying :P

Edited by Shashu

It's not necessary, no, but it still wouldn't be a bad idea either, if other things were considered as well:

1) It should be quick, agile and not interruptive in its cast. It should not be filled with unnecessary animations.

2) It should be a medium range teleport, not superlong ranged (combine it with point 1 and you can still cover long distances really fast, just spam)

3) Your problem quoted "I see an elite in the midst of a group at long range and want to kill it... i quickly aim at it.... and miss a few millimeters... now am on the other side of it ether facing a wall or land somewhere i don't wanna be."

That can be solved by aiming closer to the floor of the enemy instead, rather than just aiming straight forward. However, combined with points 1 and 2, even if you DO miss, you wouldn't miss too much though (due to not being uber ranged) and you can always correct it quickly if it was a more agile cast.

4) If it provided some other bonus for Ash, such as a hefty (but brief) melee speed bonus, it would fit his kit better than ever (and synergize with Smoke Screen)!

Yeah, making it freeaim is not the most important part of it, but it would (imo) make it a more fun and flexible ability.

You seem to be under the assumption that if Teleport was a Free aim ability that people would aim directly at the enemy, when in reality it would just turn more into an art like using Loki correctly. People would be teleporting to walls or ceilings or even the ground in front of said enemy. If you add free aim it adds a lot more flexibility on where he can be. Just look at Loki with his switch teleport and his decoy, there are a lot of uses for that.

Valkyr can use Ripline on enemies, and she can miss too, sending her either into a wall or into the sky. People don't seem to be complaining about that.

If Loki can Switch Teleport with his Decoy and reach any area he wants, then why can't Ash?

But to distinguish the two, Ash should get a melee attack speed bonus after exiting Teleport. Like it was said above, this would synergize well with Smokebomb.

You see a Corrupted Heavy Gunner Fire Leader running down the hallway. You Smokebomb to avoid the incoming fire from her Gorgan, then use Shuriken to stun her, following up with a Teleport targeted on the ceiling and you slam down on the ground, knocking her down and you start tearing through the armor like swiss cheese with Dual Ichor thanks to the melee speed boost. She's down in seconds.

This is what I want to be when I play as Ash. An assassin.

Just make it a wide-ish projectile the way Volt's 1 is that only has an effect if it hits a target.  Give the stagger a tiny (1m) radius to reduce cases where you fail to stagger the heavy unit you were aiming for and it should behave almost identically, but be more forgiving to use.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Valkyr can use Ripline on enemies, and she can miss too, sending her either into a wall or into the sky. People don't seem to be complaining about that.

If Loki can Switch Teleport with his Decoy and reach any area he wants, then why can't Ash?

But to distinguish the two, Ash should get a melee attack speed bonus after exiting Teleport. Like it was said above, this would synergize well with Smokebomb.

You see a Corrupted Heavy Gunner Fire Leader running down the hallway. You Smokebomb to avoid the incoming fire from her Gorgan, then use Shuriken to stun her, following up with a Teleport targeted on the ceiling and you slam down on the ground, knocking her down and you start tearing through the armor like swiss cheese with Dual Ichor thanks to the melee speed boost. She's down in seconds.

Lol. thats exactly what i had imagined.

Sounds awesome. If this were implemented, I would imagine it working like a more precise version of Bladestorm. (which would be pretty fantastic.)

Again: functioning more like an assassin.