Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do The Tenno Have To...

Whatarewordsworth

think of it like this ...

the corpus/grineer

slaughtered hundreds of frames for their own amusement and you want to keep them alive ? ESPECIALLY the grineer who are basically clones therefore think the same things... more or less 

Because we're the bad guys. We assist both sides in major conflicts to ensure no one has a complete victory, the war never ends, and we can reap the profits. We'll help one faction successful invade a planet, and then accept the contact to exterminate that same faction before they can even unpack. We invade their ships and slaughter everyone to distract from the fact that one of us is stealing their stuff. We never kidnap someone unless we've beaten them within an inch of their life.

And none of that is surprizing since we celebrated winning the War of the Sentients by murdering every Orokin on every planet in the solar system with mind boggling synchronicity. Face it, we're a race of ninjitsu loving gun toting serial killers. Now go and murder something before the Lotus shoves you back in your cryopod and tosses it into the sun.

Ironically, many more kills-per-minute are attained in survival, defense, and mobile defense modes.

And infinite spawns on every game mode except exterminate leads to gameplay where many more than 100 die often.

Because Warframe is not a stealth game where you are penalized for killing. Warframe is a game that encourages it. 

If you want a Lore reason:
Because the Tenno can't do anything else.They were made to kill, it's their purpose.

I don't see myself as a murder machine bereft of heart and mind.

Instead I see myself as a warrior, a monk, a scientist and at times a cleaner.

I am a wager of war, I contemplate the afterlife. I research the what lays between here and the next and all the places in between.

Then I get lost in the moment; Then the cleansing starts, the genocide begins, death calls me in her sweet lullaby. I follow her, she says go here, I go, she says take that, I take. She says clean, I cleanse.

All for her, for the glory, for the lull of her loving embrace.

It is a long held belief that cryosleep might render one insane, personally I can see no proof for this.

It doesn't seem like there are good guys in the Warframe universe. The two major powers are the Grineer and the Corpus. The Grineer is a government that rules with an iron hand and the Corpus is basically a megacorporation wiling to do anything for money. If eiher one takes power then they will eventually be unstoppable by anybody. If they are kept fighting each other then pockets of resistance  have a better chance. The Tenno probably don't have the manpower to take down both factions simultaniously. They are all warrior who were previously cryogenically frozen, there can be no new Tenno. Each Tenno lost is a Tenno that cannot be replaced. So, the Grineer and the Corpus must be kept fighting eachother until they are weak enough to take down with no Tenno lost.

Also be cause the almighty Rebecca (Lotus) commands.

ate with their mouths open.

This happens to be my biggest pet peeve in the entirety of everything of all existence of all eternity.

On an totally unrelated note, I now suddenly wish to commit unspeakable and innumerable warcrimes upon those even slightly related to the Corpus.

You know, to maintain balance and stuff.

Edited by S.Fayden

We tenno are mercenaries

quite frankly i kill these beings to get stronger

as well as earn a few bucks here and there

but mainly in the universe of warframe

killing is what its all about

both grineer and corpus do it and so do we

with the exception of infested acting more like wild animals that eat meat to survive

You seeing the cycle here

It doesn't seem like there are good guys in the Warframe universe. The two major powers are the Grineer and the Corpus. The Grineer is a government that rules with an iron hand and the Corpus is basically a megacorporation wiling to do anything for money. If eiher one takes power then they will eventually be unstoppable by anybody. If they are kept fighting each other then pockets of resistance  have a better chance. The Tenno probably don't have the manpower to take down both factions simultaniously. They are all warrior who were previously cryogenically frozen, there can be no new Tenno. Each Tenno lost is a Tenno that cannot be replaced. So, the Grineer and the Corpus must be kept fighting eachother until they are weak enough to take down with no Tenno lost.

Also be cause the almighty Rebecca (Lotus) commands.

So who are in those cryopods we keep defending? They sure look like Tenno.