Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overheat Damage For Spooling Rifles

HAYABU5A

alot of people would like a damage buff for the gorgon wraith but then many argue since it was such an easy event weapon to acquire that it doesnt warrant being too powerful

how about as a unique buff we gives this weapon an innate 'fired up' just like the sentinel mod, increasing its damage the longer it is firing on the target - this means it will be stronger vs tougher enemies without being overpowered vs weaker ones

make the gorgon wraith have +100% max overheat damage in acknowledgement of its wraith status

all other large machine/gatling guns and heavy rifles that have a spool time can receive +60%

-gorgon

-supra

im not sure if normal rifles that have a slight spool time should have this but it wouldnt hurt, it would just give them slightly more staying power at higher levels

tl;dr - abstract buff to "spooling" weapons via increasing damage the longer you fire on a target like the sentinel mod fired up, built into the weapon  

The idea seems solid. The Gorgon Wraith having double-damage through spooling does not. Fired up itself hits 60%. For what is essentially a mod that costs no mod points and no mod slot, the highest bonus should be maybe 25-30% at best.

Edit: Percentages given are for perspective only. I'm betting that actual balancing would require lower percentages, especially when considering the automatic, high bullet-count nature of the guns.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

all other large machine/gatling guns and heavy rifles that have a spool time can receive +60%

-gorgon

-supra

First of all, do you mean additive damage or final damage?  Huge difference in what numbers are appropriate. It could be 100% if additive to base, but more than 30-60% would be easily overpowered for final damage.

If Gorgon and Supra got a fired up-mod it would fit. I would use it on Gorgon Wraith without a doubt.

Edited by LazyKnight

i was thinking additive and its over time to a single target not related to the actual gun firing for a duration

fired up is additive ? all i know is doesnt seem to make maxed out sentinel weapons op but maybe their stats are not comparable 

i was thinking additive and its over time to a single target not related to the actual gun firing for a duration

It wouldn't be overpowered to have it keep the fired-up status attached to the gun firing continuously, and not for a single target. Gorgon and Supra have such high fire-rate that if people try to exploit the damage they will burn up their ammo supply. They are not like phage that can fire for nearly a minute.

Anyway, +1 to your idea, I hope DE considers something.

Edited by LazyKnight