The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Hysteria Fix

NinjaTyr

Valkyrs hysteria ability limits the amount of damage she can do.

I wonder if hysteria didn't lock you into melee but instead replaces your melee with the claws.

Only the claws would have life steal.

What do others think of this idea?

I think that solution is halfway there - if the claws replaced your melee weapon, but also prevented you using your guns for the duration (rather than sticking her in that terrible 'floating anime combo' stance), and rather than making you invulnerable, gave you a fairly large life steal percentage per kill (or even per hit instead, for smaller amounts). Suddenly Valkr remains mobile and also potentially invulnerable if she keeps killing quickly enough with the claws, rather than a flat immunity to everything - encouraging her to wade into huge hordes of enemies and slaughtering them hand to hand before they overwhlem her. Like...a Berserker, perhaps? :)
Side note, the claws should also have their own animations (of course), and incporate wide, sweeping motions with quite large hitboxes. Make it actually feel satisfying - the single-target slow floating punch combo is very much a damp squib!

Er... how does taking away the invulnerability and replacing it with higher lifesteal encourage either mobility or wading in?

I mean, if you're not invulnerable, your best bet is to avoid damage at all costs, which would suggest trying to find guys 1 on 1. Also, if you're not invulnerable, it's the same mobility as always.

Wading in to a large group and praying your lifesteal and lack of lag holds out would be beyond frustrating. I don't see how it would improve the experience or the frame at all.

I also don't think it would even remotely qualify as an ult anymore.

The melee aspect of it has to stay because Berserker Warframe.

However, get rid of the stupid claws and let us use our melee weapons instead. Couple it with a Melee/Charge Damage buff boost into Hysteria, and you're golden.

Trinity has invulnerability for the entire team, so why cant valkyr have it for herself without being heavily penalized?

Trinity shouldn't have it either, near constant invulnerability trivializes the game. Playing survival missions with a Trinity on the team is no challenge, you only lose when the enemies start taking too long to kill. They need to rethink how both skills work. (without making them useless)

I also wish you could cancel hysteria (and a few other skills in the game), I want to buff the duration of warcry but that also buffs hysteria making it last way too long.

Trinity has invulnerability for the entire team, so why cant valkyr have it for herself without being heavily penalized?

1. Because Trinity blessing last for 33.8 sec once maximize every duration. 

While Valkyr's hysteria last up to 77.1 sec once maximize. The downside of hysteria incapacitated valkyr and limit her damage drastically which it why it allow to last that long. So most valkyr rather minimize the duration of hysteria by putting fleeting expertise on it.

2. Valkyr have a crowd control skill: warcry (which is not much) in contrast to Trinity having no crowd control. 

A better way to fix Valkyr's damage would be putting her health regenerate on her 2/3 instead of 4. That way, Valkyr won't have to spam hysteria, while still capable of doing gun dps. 

A better way to fix Valkyr's damage would be putting her health regenerate on her 2/3 instead of 4. That way, Valkyr won't have to spam hysteria, while still capable of doing gun dps. 

So, then a valkyr has to sit there and contemplate whether she should save up her energy for her ult or use it now to heal herself?

How does forcing her to make that choice every time improve things?

So, then a valkyr has to sit there and contemplate whether she should save up her energy for her ult or use it now to heal herself?

How does forcing her to make that choice every time improve things?

It improve her damage but lessen her survival ability. Her ult gave her full invincibility + life leech. Now those two are separate, she can either go one or the other. Unless, Valkyr can stay the way she is. 

I think if hysteria let you (made you) use your equipped melee weapon and didnt make you invincible, yet you still have life steal and the big damage it would be pretty good.

I just wanna wipe out whole waves with jat kittag whirling and stealing life, with the risk of dying if im not killing fast enough like a true beserker

I think if hysteria let you (made you) use your equipped melee weapon and didnt make you invincible, yet you still have life steal and the big damage it would be pretty good.

I just wanna wipe out whole waves with jat kittag whirling and stealing life, with the risk of dying if im not killing fast enough like a true beserker

You do know that you have already have that risk, right? If you don't finish killing every painted target before hysteria ends, you immediately take all damage that hysteria has negated, all at once.

Otherwise, just go to nightmare mode with any frame you want, and you can jat spin to your heart's content, and get life stealing while you do it.

You do know that you have already have that risk, right? If you don't finish killing every painted target before hysteria ends, you immediately take all damage that hysteria has negated, all at once.

Otherwise, just go to nightmare mode with any frame you want, and you can jat spin to your heart's content, and get life stealing while you do it.

Nobody has ever died from that side effect of Hysteria.

I guarantee it.

I guarantee it.

actually if you go around wave 30min+ survival in phobos or nuovo, that actually happened a lot. As soon as hysteria end, you have to press hysteria again immediately (likewise happened a lot in some nightmare mode as well). Though in lower level, I doubt it will happened considered the high armor Valkyr have. 

I guarantee it.

I have. So, what do I get from your guarantee?

Or, was it not an actual guarantee, and you were just saying that because you've never actually used it against anything even remotely difficult?

Then you must be really bad at playing Valkyr my friend. You do know you can just check Hysteria's duration and move away from all enemies prior to it ending, right?

Oh, and as for me not having used Valkyr enough to understand what I am talking about... click.

But I digress.

Back on the topic at hand: Hysteria needs a change - why does the BERSERKER have the ultimate tanking ability again? It makes her

a. Boring as crap to play

b. A tank

My idea has always been the following:

1. Remove invulnerability from Hysteria.

2. Keep the CC immunity, allow for user melee weapon to be used and add a bonus to all melee damage (normal and charged attacks)

3. Adjust Lifesteal values as needed.

This would allow you to be a true Berserker - instead of cheesy invulnerability, you would survive by bathing in the blood of your enemies.

The current state of Valkyr is a crying shame. She has so much potential, especially with Melee 2.0 right around the corner. She could be ever so much fun... Could.

Edited by Brimir

Then you must be really bad at playing Valkyr my friend. You do know you can just check Hysteria's duration and move away from all enemies prior to it ending, right?

Oh, and as for me not having used Valkyr enough to understand what I am talking about... click.

But I digress.

Back on the topic at hand: Hysteria needs a change - why does the BERSERKER have the ultimate tanking ability again? It makes her

a. Boring as crap to play

b. A tank

My idea has always been the following:

1. Remove invulnerability from Hysteria.

2. Keep the CC immunity, allow for user melee weapon to be used and add a bonus to all melee damage (normal and charged attacks)

3. Adjust Lifesteal values as needed.

This would allow you to be a true Berserker - instead of cheesy invulnerability, you would survive by bathing in the blood of your enemies.

The current state of Valkyr is a crying shame. She has so much potential, especially with Melee 2.0 right around the corner. She could be ever so much fun... Could.

Not everyone play Valkyr the same way. One frame alone can solo up to 100 wave xini def, doesn't mean it guarantee that every other person with that same frame will be able to do the same. 

What I'm saying is, sometimes the dps can easily eat Valkyr's HP one hit ko right when she out of hysteria, and that usually happened when mobs surround her. 

Why do you think you can move away from all enemies when it is survival and def we talking about? Or is it some other kind of other mission.

I have 11% Valkyr uses (having all frames so that % decrease due to spread out evenly), does that change anything? Not really, I don't base my observation on how much I use my Valkyr. 

Back to topic: I already listed my suggestion above. Regarding separating between invincibility and life steal into two different skill, by getting rid of paralysis with life steal. 

Edited by SElZE

You yourself say that your idea is bad. Behold:

If the only way to survive the delay-bast damage is:

You do know you can just check Hysteria's duration and move away from all enemies prior to it ending, right?

Then removing the invincibility would, in fact, kill you, as you'd be unable to escape the damage.

Also, your screenshot doesn't demonstrate that you actually use valk in any dangerous situations. That running away is even an option to you kind of drives home the point that you don't.

Also, I'd just like to point out, the glaive exists. Which entirely negates your whole concept--the best idea would be to stand back and just keep chucking the glaive.

Otherwise, you're going to hit the point where the skill does not scale enough to keep you alive, and you will hate it there. I know you don't believe such places exist, but, again, you don't appear to do any difficult content, or when you do, your use of hysteria+fleeing for your life has kept you from realizing exactly how bad your concept would end up.

As to:

Back to topic: I already listed my suggestion above. Regarding separating between invincibility and life steal into two different skill, by getting rid of paralysis with life steal. 

If I can just sit back with a glaive or a soma using the lifesteal, why would I need the invincibility?

I'm not going to bother responding to your strawman of how I apparently play Valkyr "cowardly". However, I just couldn't let this little gem slip by without commenting on it:

If I can just sit back with a glaive or a soma using the lifesteal, why would I need the invincibility?

463px-Epic_Facepalm.png

I must've missed the patchnotes about the Soma being made into a Melee weapon.

You yourself say that your idea is bad. Behold:

If the only way to survive the delay-bast damage is:

Then removing the invincibility would, in fact, kill you, as you'd be unable to escape the damage.

Also, your screenshot doesn't demonstrate that you actually use valk in any dangerous situations. That running away is even an option to you kind of drives home the point that you don't.

Also, I'd just like to point out, the glaive exists. Which entirely negates your whole concept--the best idea would be to stand back and just keep chucking the glaive.

Otherwise, you're going to hit the point where the skill does not scale enough to keep you alive, and you will hate it there. I know you don't believe such places exist, but, again, you don't appear to do any difficult content, or when you do, your use of hysteria+fleeing for your life has kept you from realizing exactly how bad your concept would end up.

As to:

who said that you can use soma for life steal. Well my idea is not clear, what I mean is using melee for life steal.