Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Mod Suggestion(S)

hs0003

Greetings my fellow Tenno!
Since I haven't been able to find a thread about suggestions to legendary mods I thought I would make my own.

Legendary mod suggestion

Name: Clear Mind

Ranks: 10

Positive function: Increases Ability Range, Power, Duration and Efficiency by 5%, 10%, 15%.... 55%.

Negative function: Increases Ability Casting time by 20%, 45%, 75%, 110%, 150%, 195%, 245%, 300%, 360%, 425%, 495%.

Polarity: Tactic.

Useage cost: 14, 16, 18, 20... 34.

So basically, the mod would be very expensive to rank up to 10, and at rank 10 it would take almost 12 seconds to cast a 2 second ability. On a positive note, it makes abilities very powerful and use all the mod slots in the process.

If you can think of any ideas for legendary mods, feel free to make up your own.

ps. I'm uncertain if I picked the right spot for this suggestion thread.

Honestly this mod sounds really bad. 1 even with a matching polarity it will take up a quarter of your mod space, 2 no matter what the ability is you'll basically be dead before it finishes.

True, but the bonus part to cost ratio is fairly low, you could easily burn through the same amount of mod points to get two of the 4 ability bonuses to around 50% and counteracting the negative effects from using corrupted mods.

Goodbye guys, I'm casting Blessing. See you later.

The penalty could use a tweaking, but I think a flat 20% increase per level would be too little. (It would only increase a 2 second cast time to 6.4 seconds)

I don't particularly agree with the Example that you've given, but I've made a post about legendary weapon mods that are heavy on mod space, but give significant bonuses over their normal counterparts

I've heard somewhere that [DE] is going to phase out Serration in the future, in favor of a better system. I think this would be a good time to split the weapons into their respective damage categories. A legendary mod for energy weapons to increase ammunition in some way, One for Detonite weapons to increase raw damage, and another for Bio weapons to do something different, relating to the nature of Bio weapons.

These mods would be pretty heavy on mod space, somewhere around 10 or 20 fully maxed, requiring a decently modified weapon. They wouldn't be impossible to get, but they would most likely be as rare as Firestorm, and other unique mods. Leveling these mods with Clan-tech materials would be a neat alternative to using regular, mundane fusion cores. However, making these mods just uncommon, and removing the fusing with cores method would be good as well.

But yes, I agree that there could be a wider variety of mods, but I don't think they should be "rainbow mods". Event mods could be cool, but the exclusivity would hurt their effectiveness. Just look back at the Aviator mod

A legendary mod for energy weapons to increase ammunition in some way

Like a recycle mod? x% chance to not use ammo upon firing.

That would increase the effective damage per mag, ammo efficiency and effective maximum ammo all in one go.