The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Future Prime To Normal Frame Buffs

AuroraSonicBoom

It's already too late for Rhino Prime and I doubt your intent to balance him, so I will exclude him here.

Simply put, any warframe should have a definite drawback, a crux that players choosing a certain playstyle have to deal with and which makes them inferior to other frames in at least one area of expertise. I would like to suggest that any future prime frame buffs shouldn't revolve around having the extent of their disadvantages reduced but any of their other stats buffed. Example: The special edition of Nova should never have her squishiness reduced because it's the only thing that shows a resemblance of balance compared with her power and mobility. If you give Frost Prime a retroactive special treatment, he should never get his speed buffed. And so on.

Remember that the most relevant properties of frames in Warframe are power, speed and survivability. Any other stat is close to or completely irrelevant in comparison.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

i was thinking since rhino prime is somewhat better than regular rhino

maybe make all prime like these

and instead of looking wt ++ u gonna add just add the ++ stats from the alt helmets and them statless

It's already too late for Rhino Prime and I doubt your intent to balance him, so I will exclude him here.

Simply put, any warframe should have a definite drawback, a crux that players choosing a certain playstyle have to deal with and which makes them inferior to other frames in at least one area of expertise. I would like to suggest that any future prime frame buffs shouldn't revolve around having the extent of their disadvantages reduced but any of their other stats buffed. Example: The special edition of Nova should never have her squishiness reduced because it's the only thing that shows a resemblance of balance compared with her power and mobility. If you give Frost Prime a retroactive special treatment, he should never get his speed buffed. And so on.

Remember that the most relevant properties of frames in Warframe are power, speed and survivability. Any other stat is close to or completely irrelevant in comparison.

Where is this rule that every frame should have a draw back?

Why would you invest million of space dollars in designing a state of the art battle suit with built in flaws, just to make things bit fairer for the enemy?

A character doesn't "have" to be bad or not very good at anything simply "because", it should be more useful at something's than other things because of its abilities and no other reason.

No frame should be "bad" just because it has to have an artificial down side.

There is no reason for frost and rhino to be so slow in the first place, Nova, the space Ninja equivalent of a MLRS, wouldn't go Into battle wearing nothing but a rubber gimp suit and no armour, despite her mobility.

Frost has no speed boosts where rhino has vanguard and prime he is now one of the fastest frames in the game and one of the tankiest and has amazing stuns and dmg boosts while frost is tanky the slowest frame in the game has basically no cc one mediocre snow globe and 3 terrible skills that cant do anything.