Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback & Suggestion] Warframe Drums Are Good. Why Not More?

Jathniel

I like drums....
Drums get me in the zone when playing, more than ANY of the other songs.

- There is literally no other musical instrument as primal as the drum.
- It was the first of all musical instruments (save the human voice itself).
- It is the one instrument that all humans can identify with and recognize.

- It is probably one of the only musical instruments you can produce electronically without the average person hearing the difference.

The Drum Theme
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DCfWB0IFaMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

( If the embed doesn't work:

)

"Harvester Theme"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZZPJSiq-D6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
( At about 0:30:

)

There are other songs from other games that employ drums wonderfully. Like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (but to be fair that's Hans Zimmer... of course it's going to be good).

The drums in Warframe are excellent, and I'd like to see more songs, with a focus on them. :)

- Jath

Edited by Jathniel

Yes, I would love Warframe to stay predominantely characterized through the tribal taiko/throat singing mix you have created. or at least stay away from any "in your face" rock or metal riffs that jump out in the foreground and distract you every time you hear it. As long as it's in the background and melds into the rest of the soundscape I'm all for it.

(I first thought that you mean the drums you can build in the Dojo)

All of my yes! Drums convey the tension of a battle in the best way possible, in my opinion. Such music fits well with Warframe.

That primal tension is what I had in mind!

more drums? when all the music in warframe is build around japanese drums...

no, thanks, i would like some varied music and some guitars to fit the new melee 2.0.

You can still acquire varied music through employing drums.

A rock theme for Warframe, just doesn't fit.

I love guitars and drums. I like to kick back with metal, alternative, etc, but there is a mood set (especially by the theme in the first link), that I think Warframe should maintain. Some variation like in The Prophet trailer (

) is good, so as long as the essence of the primal drums is maintained.

The gameplay trailer (I know this song was a short made for the trailer, but I wish it was in actual gameplay)

The song in the E3 trailer (is basically the generic drum theme, except well orchestrated; you can keep your theme, and yet still have variation):

Yes, I would love Warframe to stay predominantely characterized through the tribal taiko/throat singing mix you have created. or at least stay away from any "in your face" rock or metal riffs that jump out in the foreground and distract you every time you hear it. As long as it's in the background and melds into the rest of the soundscape I'm all for it.

Yes, I feel the same.

Edited by Jathniel

more drums? when all the music in warframe is build around japanese drums...

no, thanks, i would like some varied music and some guitars to fit the new melee 2.0.

Nah, not all the music. The new one, that has been teased here in the forums, isn't. 

Oh, hi, Hollywood's music, which is present in every action movie released after the year of 2000.

And why 'all the music'? What about the Void? There are no drums. (And it is fantastic, by the way).

And guitars? As I said it before: we are called Tenno, not Yankees. Why not mix it up with Koto or Shamisen instead of guitars? Japanese music doesn't only consist of Taiko drums, you know. There's a ton of other Japanese instruments and they can create a sense of hardcore action as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Japanese_musical_instruments 

But that would broaden the mental horizon too much, I suppose. 

I am not a music expert, not at all, so this is just my (musically uneducated) opinion:

Every game on the Western market is oversaturated with Western musical instruments and musical themes. This particular Western game has some Japanese theme going on. Why neglect it? It's fresh, compared to other games' soundtracks.

I don't think, though, that the sound team of WF would take other Japanese music instruments into consideration. The Taiko drums are reproducible via sound programs, but the string instruments or flute? I suppose that for that you have to hire a good musician, which means more investments. But I don't know what the music programs are capable of nowadays.

Something lightly similar to this won't happen, I suppose: