Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Assassin "miniboss" Event

Archwizard

I'm sure we've all wondered at some point what an Infested assassin miniboss (a la Harvester, Stalker, G3) would be like. The problem being that, in terms of lore, having Infested enemies hunt you down implies a little more tactical and technical intelligence than we've been lead to believe they have.

While it could be accomplished with the eventual release of Infested ships, I feel there is a simpler, more fitting, and far more dangerous solution than some generic super-Ancient with the inexplicable willpower to pilot a ship and stalk you across the galaxy.

That being you, the player. 

Here me out here: You get a message from the Lotus following a run of Outbreaks saying you've been exposed to dangerous levels of nanospores.

Then in the middle of a later Infested mission, you start hearing Lephantis (representing the voice of the collective, as the "source" of Infested in this sector) welcoming you into the collective before a massive growth forms on you that mind controls you into attacking your team mates - accomplished by transforming your teammates (from your perspective) into Elder Ancients and calling an endless swarm of Ancients and lesser Infested into the room to separate and conceal them. Friendly fire is turned on between the Infested Tenno and his teammates.

Your team's goal is threefold: Destroy the growth on you (upon which the waves of Infested stop coming and friendly fire is turned off), avoid letting you die (if you do, more spores are released that will possess someone else, and you're booted from the mission), and survive.

Your goal is to figure out who your allies are and let them kill the spore, while avoiding dying yourself or killing your allies. If you're in solo, your goal is just to complete the mission and get out (which you're kinda screwed for if you're soloing a non-Invasion Defense).

If your team succeeds, Infested sidearm parts are awarded at the end of the mission (since we currently only have Tysis and Embolist).

If any member of your team dies during the event, they are locked out of that Warframe. They then unlock a blueprint for a Derelict key to locate said Warframe (using nav coordinates), used for a special Derelict Capture mission to kidnap the Infested Warframe. Success means they still have to wait 12 hours to play it while it's under quarantine. The Warframe's escape from the Capture means they have to try again.

If you only have one Warframe available, the event will not occur for you until you have a second available.

Thoughts?

Edited by Archwizard

I'm not sure. While the idea of fighting infested Tenno is kind of cool, I thought the Tenno already did have the Technocyte Virus and were simply immune, meaning you couldn't really become one of the infested.

Plus locking someone out of their Warframe seems like a harsh penalty, especially if, like you said, you're a solo player in a Defense mission and therefore screwed. Hunter enemy encounters should be *somewhat* fair to players regardless of solo or coop play.

I'm not sure. While the idea of fighting infested Tenno is kind of cool, I thought the Tenno already did have the Technocyte Virus and were simply immune, meaning you couldn't really become one of the infested.

Plus locking someone out of their Warframe seems like a harsh penalty, especially if, like you said, you're a solo player in a Defense mission and therefore screwed. Hunter enemy encounters should be *somewhat* fair to players regardless of solo or coop play.

1) Not explicit on that behalf. It's a definite connection in Dark Sector, but in Warframe there are greater implications that it's corruption from the Void rather than Technocyte.

2) Locking someone out of their Warframe is the exact same penalty given by Harvester and G3, just with different unlock conditions.

3) You're screwed in terms of game mechanics- if the waves are endless then there's no way for you to win a Defense. It'd be literally the only way to be completely screwed.

No for the same reason you cannot side with infested. They are zombies. They dont think.

Which is why it's not some infested hunter, just a sudden outbreak on you. Try completely reading the OP, please.

Is it not equally fitting for zombies to turn the living? Isn't that basically the point of every relevant zombie movie, ever?

Edited by Archwizard

1) Not explicit on that behalf. It's a definite connection in Dark Sector, but in Warframe there are greater implications that it's corruption from the Void rather than Technocyte.

2) Locking someone out of their Warframe is the exact same penalty given by Harvester and G3, just with different unlock conditions.

3) You're screwed in terms of game mechanics- if the waves are endless then there's no way for you to win a Defense. It'd be literally the only way to be completely screwed.

1) I always thought it was a combination of the two (Technocyte Virus + Vaca' in the Void = Space Ninja powers), but what do I know? It's a bit vague anyway so I won't entirely disclaim they can be infested unless DE confirms it.

2) Well the G3 just bolt you and reduce your damage against Grineer, an inconvenience certainly but it doesn't stop you from using a frame. Just looked up the details on the Harvester Escape mission so I guess being locked out of a frame is acceptable after all.

3) Wouldn't claiming a reward and exiting count as winning? (Unless you literally mean a neverending defense mission that doesn't exist and was simply meant as a joke, in which case D'OH!)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

2) Well the G3 just bolt you and reduce your damage against Grineer, an inconvenience certainly but it doesn't stop you from using a frame. 

3) Wouldn't claiming a reward and exiting count as winning? (Unless you literally mean a neverending defense mission that doesn't exist and was simply meant as a joke, in which case D'OH!)

2) Overlooked that, woops.

3) What I mean is that the current wave would never end until the growth is destroyed (enemies would keep coming as long as it's active)... which unless you're a Trinity, Valkyr or Rhino with an explosive gun, you can't take off yourself.

Here me out here: You get a message from the Lotus following a run of Outbreaks saying you've been exposed to dangerous levels of nanospores.

Then in the middle of a later Infested mission, you start hearing Lephantis (representing the voice of the collective, as the "source" of Infested in this sector) welcoming you into the collective before a massive growth forms on you that mind controls you into attacking your team mates - accomplished by transforming your teammates (from your perspective) into Elder Ancients and calling an endless swarm of Ancients and lesser Infested into the room to separate and conceal them. Friendly fire is turned on between the Infested Tenno and his teammates.

QxpoUbw.jpg

DsbZUTd.jpg

iBGP3Da.jpg

Dangerous levels?

If anything I've built an immunity!