Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Reworked Warframe Concept] Rift: The Portal Warframe

FoxFX

Codex:

We can not ignore the amazing discovery that has taken place. One of our best discovered a method that could transpose matter from one end to another. Although it has yet to remain tested, we should understand the impact this would hold for the future of the Orokin industries. This could be the key we need to expand our Tower Project to completion. One of our own has taken the duty to find a way to contain the massive energy it would require to complete a device that could mak this come to reality.

-Orokin "Research Facility" Archives, Date: X001

The system is a sucess, teleportation between towers is now a sure thing.Alas, it came with a terrible price. It was an accident. The portal was opened but the brust of the very mysterious energy from the Void bursted out colliding with one of our own. Conciousness is stable, but the body was shattered beyond belief. We honor this noble soul with one of the frames designed to recover one with such a sorry state of physical trauma.

-Orokin "Research Facility" Archives, Date: X005

They demanded all our technology, but we cannot let the Sentients have their way. Which is why we have arranged a plan in case we are in the lossing end of this war, but let us hope it never comes to this. Years ago, we reported the accident with one of our own in the recovery frame prototype. The personel is now showing abilities that mimic the very Orokin Transposition Interface we have worked so hard to cultivate. He even once saved several of our own from an assult of our enemies by teleporting the entire group into the extraction point.

We believe this was caused by the very exposure of the Void energy from that accident. With this power, we might have a shot at turning the very tide of this war. The personel in question has asked to augment this recovery frame for battle purposes and to entitle this revamped Warframe: Rift. Another soldier will soon be ready for battle; this could be the sign of a new hope for this war.

-Orokin "Research Facility" Archives, Date:unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rift is a teleportation themed warframe that has the ability to move himself, objects, allies and enemies from one place to another changing the very flow of combat.

Health: 100 (Rank 30: 300)

Shield: 100 (Rank 30: 300)

Armor: 10

Power: 200 (Rank 30: 300)

Stamina: 80

Speed: 1.15

Abilities

Ability Name: Portal Blaster

Energy Cost: 25

Equip Cost: 0/1/2/3

Description: Bring a sample of the Void's Power. Rift extends his hands and opens a portal firing concentrated energy from the Void in the form of a laser. The laser covers an area of 1.5/2/2.5/3 m radius traveling a distance of 7/8/9/10 m delivering 300/400/500/600 Radiation Damage that also punches through enemeis. This skill is affected by Range and Power Strength Mods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability Name: Jumpgate

Energy Cost: 50

Equip Cost: 4/5/6/7

Description: Activate the skill to create two portals: one in front of Rift and another at the targeted location. Portals can be activate within a range of 6/9/12/15 m max and lasts for 15/20/25/30 seconds. Allies can use this portal, even when they are downed. Press [X] to move from one portal to the other. Affected by Duration and Range Mods. Perfect for recovering allies and bringing them into cover.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability Name: Enemy Warp

Energy Cost: 75

Equip Cost: 6/7/8/9

Description: Your enemy is your best weapon, Tenno. Suck an enemy that is 30 m away into a portal behind them and store them in your own dimension which instantly decomposes them for a duration of 15/20/25/30 seconds. Activate the skill again [which cost no energy this time] to shoot their remains for devastating damage within a radius of 6/8/10/12 m within a 30 m distance. According to what you have sucked into your dimension, the damage differs:

Flesh Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Flesh as Viral Damage

Fertile/Alloy Armored Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Fertile/Alloy as Corrosive Damage

Machinery/Robotic Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Machinery/Robotic as Electric Damage

Shield/Proto Shield: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Shield/Proto Shields as Magnetic Damage

Infested/Fossilized/Sinew Enemies: 200%/300%/400%/500% of their Infested/Fossilized/Sinew as Gas Damage

[This takes the total enemy stat and not the current enemy stat of the attack. Shooting an enemy will do multiple damage types based on the total stats of the enemy. For instance of a maxed Enemy War sucking in a Railgun MOA with stats of 150 Shield and 60 Robotic. Shooting the Railgun MOA will result in a damage of  750 Magnetic {500% of 150 Shield} and 300 Electric {500% of 60 Robotic}]

You can also suck in an Explosive Barrel which can be fired for 600 Blast Damage with 100% status rate. This ability is affected by Duration, and Range Mods. Power Strength mods do not affect this skill. The range which you can suck in and fire cannot be adjusted. You cannot suck in bosses. If you do not fire the sucked in object within the duration, the enemy/object dies and you cannot fire again until you suck in another enemy/object

Ability Name: Banish to the Void

Energy Cost: 150

Equip Cost: 10/11/12/13

Description: Rift can send enemeis into another dimension. Rift fires a portal within 20 meters from him that slowly sucks in [and ragdolls] enemies 9/11/13/15 m from it. Quantum can keep the portal open for 4/6/8/10 seconds. He cannot move until the portal closes, but he is free to cancel it by pressing the skill again [does not require any energy cost to cancel it]. Once the duration is finished or canceled, the portal spits out the enemies for massive damage. Each enemy will be hit with damage equal to 750 Radiation Damage x # of enemeis sucked in. This skill is affected by Duration and Range. This skill is NOT affected by Power Strength mods. Bosses cannot be affected by this skill.

Think with portals, Tenno.

[Added my own concept art for this Warframe, but I'm practically horrid at this.]

Please comment and make suggestions. As for the skill Banish to the Void, I am still looking to see if that needs som changing.

QD4RIJC.jpg

Edited by FoxFX

I'll probably redo an image of this warfrme in another time.

I just think its kind of weird not having legs in the visual, but at least you have one. In my proposal for an entire new faction I don't have even one. But your abilities seem interesting. For the first ability how would you place and orient the laser?

Edited by Drunken_Child

I just think its kind of weird not having legs in the visual, but at least you have one. In my proposal for an entire new faction I don't have even one. But your abilities seem interesting. For the first ability how would you place and orient the laser?

Aimed like how yo would aim Volt's, Frosts, and Embers skill. I might need to remove the radius part of it. I was kinda describing how the laser is shaped like a cylindrical beam.

Ok , I thought you lent he would place a portal not have the beam come out of its hand.

More like when he opens his hand, a Portal Device prorps from his palm and the device shoots a blast of Void energy as a laser from it.

Also, I'll be posting a new image of this frame tomorrow.

Thanks, now I might need to adjust the damage on Banish tot he Void a bit, but I'm estimating on how much that will change.

Yes reading more indepth into this frame and giving it more thought I have come to a conclusion. I think that if added would be a very interesting frame that brings new mechanics and playstyle to the game (wether that be for better or worse[i think better]).

Yes reading more indepth into this frame and giving it more thought I have come to a conclusion. I think that if added would be a very interesting frame that brings new mechanics and playstyle to the game (wether that be for better or worse[i think better]).

Thanks. Bringing in a new mechanic was one of my main goals for making this warframe. Also, to add into a frame that has some wayto cancel out the ability animation he is in and to have the abilities useful for any kind of situation while adding in some balance.

i came intothis thinking it was a glorified version of nova, but i gotta say...i like this. The final sounds like a much improved version of vaubans rather bad gravity grenade, singularity whatever you call it. I love the two way portal idea, could make a great combat weapon, along with that blast version, i otta say way to take the concept and make it your own :)

i came intothis thinking it was a glorified version of nova, but i gotta say...i like this. The final sounds like a much improved version of vaubans rather bad gravity grenade, singularity whatever you call it. I love the two way portal idea, could make a great combat weapon, along with that blast version, i otta say way to take the concept and make it your own :)

Thanks.

Might redo the Lore a bit in a later time.